[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any open sites allow for yardage-based PPR?

kendon.black

Hi. I like half-PPR, but not for receptions that go for 0 or negative yards. I know CBS Commissioner allows for yardage-based PPR, but they are not open yet for the 2021 season and they don't say when they will be. Does anyone know if any other sites allow for this? I know MFL has a reputation for being customizable, but this is one setting they seem to be missing. Thanks!

That's a weird setting. If the NFL counts it as a reception, then the fantasy site will. I'm not sure of a site that can do what you ask for. Maybe more of the experienced commissioners can chime in. 

I co-commish my league on CBS and looked into settings there and don't see it. We don't do PPR now, but if I add the reception category and look at options I don't see any way to qualify it by yardage. I can do an amount per receptions, amounts per ranges, or amounts as a bonus (over X receptions). 

Either way good luck finding what you're looking for. 

I do see on my league that they are ready to take our payment if we like, so they are least partially open for business. 

Edited by stevegrab

Are you talking the normal CBS leagues or the Commissioner Leagues that you have to pay for? I'm referring to the latter.

What do you mean when you say "amounts per ranges"? That kind of sounds like what I'm talking about. The way you put it in is something like this:

Yardage Range      Points per Reception

10-100                        0.5

9-10                           0.45

8-9                             0.4

...                                ...

13 hours ago, kendon.black said:

Are you talking the normal CBS leagues or the Commissioner Leagues that you have to pay for? I'm referring to the latter.

What do you mean when you say "amounts per ranges"? That kind of sounds like what I'm talking about. The way you put it in is something like this:

Yardage Range      Points per Reception

10-100                        0.5

9-10                           0.45

8-9                             0.4

...                                ...

I think my simple answer to your question is "we pay a fee to CBS to use their Fantasy League management site", but I've never heard of those being labeled Commissioner Leagues and have no idea what the "normal CBS leagues" you refer to would be. Either way I'm the league commissioner and have full access to setup the scoring categories. 

No the thing I'm talking about it NOT YARDAGE range, it is number of receptions. it looks like this 

From to  Recpt(s),award  point(s)for every  Recpt(s) 

As I said (which you must have missed), there is nothing in the receptions category about yardage, zip, nada. When you tell us CBS has it I assume you've checked that out, but it sounds like you're either guessing it does or got some bad info from them or somebody else. Or I'm missing it. 

As I said in my reply in the other thread, probably a good idea to find out if such scoring is supported before getting so set on wanting to use it. 

*Ok, I'm a moron. See the following post.

Ok, let me explain further. I listen to FFT, CBS's NFL fantasy podcast. Last year, Adam Azer said something about the "Commissioner Tool" or "Commissioner Leagues" being free this year due to Covid. I signed up, set up the league, and it definitely had the option for yardage-based PPR in the manner that I described. In the end, I couldn't find enough managers and that league never got played out.

Currently, I am unable to find a separate URL for Commissioner Leagues vs. Normal Leagues. And I am unable to advance past this screen: (see image)

I do notice that it says "Custom Leagues for Serious Players", so maybe that will be an option once they open. I sure hope they didn't remove it.

The intention of my original post was to find out if any other sites had this option. Based on the lack of responses in that regard, I feel it's pretty safe at this point to assume the answer is 'no'; no other sites have the option for yardage-based PPR. Shame.

CBS.PNG

Edited by kendon.black

Whoops! I'm a big idiot! I was able to circumnavigate that blocker page and I found a way to access my league from last year. Here's what I found in the settings: (see image)

I can't believe that says "rcpts" and not "yards"! Why?!? I guess I'll just keep waiting.

BTW, I guess this is what the podcast host meant when he said "Commissioner Tool": (see other image)

yards.PNG

commissioner.PNG

• Haha 1

MFL does Long Receptions 20+ and 40+.  They don't allow customization of this except for length of TD.

image.thumb.png.4ac8b335957e761a897e1ce6d86c200c.png

They also give points for First Downs or First Down Rushing or First Down Receiving etc.  I think where you are going is to minimize the impact of "worthless" receptions but still reward "important ones".  A 3 yard reception on 3rd and 8 means nothing to the team but it's 1.3 points in PPR and that's just dumb.  Many leagues are moving this direction and most of them go with the First Down option.

• Like 2