[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First redraft of the year - first 5 rounds

DMD

12 hours ago, stethant said:

Pittsburgh's run game problems last year were all scheme and o-line related. A more talented RB is not going to solve their problems. Plus their rapist QB is cooked.

So you don’t feel that we are looking at the exception to the rule such as Clinton Portis, MJD, Jamaal Lewis, Addai, or McGahee?

I believe all these guys had 300+ touches behind poor O-lines Namely Portis. Except for Peyton Manning, their QB’s weren’t the best just like rapethishooker.

14 hours ago, Rekroot said:

So you don’t feel that we are looking at the exception to the rule such as Clinton Portis, MJD, Jamaal Lewis, Addai, or McGahee?

I believe all these guys had 300+ touches behind poor O-lines Namely Portis. Except for Peyton Manning, their QB’s weren’t the best just like rapethishooker.

Yeah I mean with the volume it doesn't even matter in my opinion. I'd be more inclined to take Najee Harris over a lot of people. Fresh legs, a lot of opportunity, sign me up

On 5/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, DMD said:

Don't forget that Henry is coming off a crushing 378 carry season. Cook had a career year as well with 312 carries in just 14 games and he always misses at least two.

Just read your "the problem with Chris Henry" article, good analysis there. 

Thanks - that took a while to do. Interesting putting all the 2,000 yard rushers together and seeing where they came from and then what they did the next year.

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, Rekroot said:

Not sure how Pittsburgh’s O-line compares to LeVeon Bell’s rookie season, but Steelers defense will keep their offense on the field. You guys had LeVeon Bell as the 9th pick his rookie year: that was on ESPN’s fantasy football forum message boards. So, I’m curious why Najeh isn’t ranked higher?

The Steelers just cut OG DeCastro with a NFI designation.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, Rekroot said:

Not sure how Pittsburgh’s O-line compares to LeVeon Bell’s rookie season, but Steelers defense will keep their offense on the field. You guys had LeVeon Bell as the 9th pick his rookie year: that was on ESPN’s fantasy football forum message boards. So, I’m curious why Najeh isn’t ranked higher?

I honestly think Harris could be a top 5-10 RB. 

Kamara’s a superstar...he’s going to be great regardless of the QB. Afraid that Hill will be QB? Sean Payton’s not an idiot. If he sees that Hill can’t get the ball to Kamara enough for him to be RB1...he’s not starting at QB. It’s that simple. 

2017- RB3

2018- RB4

2019- RB9 (injured 3/4 season, as above)

2020- RB1

20 hours ago, Big John said:

The Steelers just cut OG DeCastro with a NFI designation.

Sounds like he needs surgery to repair bone spurs in his ankle which plagued him last year. He isn't even sure if he will continue to play, depends on how well the surgery goes, the last attempts were unsuccessful.

Curious why he didn't have that surgery already, in the longer offseason period Jan-May, instead of waiting for now between OTA and training camp. 

Either way not sure how its an non-football injury, maybe because its a lingering issue/ailment from prior seasons, not an actual injury that occurred during football activity. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, DMD said:

Just finished my first redraft of the year. It is a very good group and the draft pretty much went exactly the way I expected.

I drafted #12 and hoped for Travis Kelce but he's not making it that far much this year. I went for RB/RB instead of WR/WR which I almost did. Reason being the run on RBs is heavy and the low-risk RBs are getting mighty thin by the third or so round.

Anything surprises from what you expect?

55.jpg

I have trouble buying into Joe Mixon.  Even with the OLine changes/upgrade mentioned in the OLine writeup here recently, the group as a whole gives me pause.  Still surprised they didn't draft a 1st round OLine in the draft. 

Anyhow, going off your position, I like Najee Harris pick and probably would have done Ekeler or one of the top overall WRs.

• Like 1