[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Week One Matchup

Bakerboy

On 5/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, League_Champion said:

They ain't winning shizz as long as Mayfield is the QB. You were ready to run him out of town less than a year ago, now he's the savior? Browns fans are the biggest, saddest homers. 

The Browns are gonna be good this year. Like over their win total for sure, which I think is 10?

If they go 13-3 I would not be surprised one iota. I agree with you on Mayfield being meh but the rest of the pieces are coming together for them and he doesn't have to be the superstar - just above average.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, week 1 matchup. KC and Cleveland for me. Dallas is gonna get hurt REAL bad in that game.

15 hours ago, stethant said:

The Browns are gonna be good this year. Like over their win total for sure, which I think is 10?

If they go 13-3 I would not be surprised one iota. I agree with you on Mayfield being meh but the rest of the pieces are coming together for them and he doesn't have to be the superstar - just above average.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, week 1 matchup. KC and Cleveland for me. Dallas is gonna get hurt REAL bad in that game.

How the hell did the Eagles win a SB, they sure didn't have a stud QB, heck they've jettisoned both QBs from that in the years since. 

Mayfield is not elite, he is not close to Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, but so far they have just one SB win between them. 

PS  NFL is now in the 17 game season era, Browns were 11-5 last year, 12-5 would be a slight improvement, 13-4 would be much better and almost certainly win the division. 

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How the hell did the Eagles win a SB, they sure didn't have a stud QB, heck they've jettisoned both QBs from that in the years since. 

Mayfield is not elite, he is not close to Mahomes or Lamar Jackson, but so far they have just one SB win between them. 

PS  NFL is now in the 17 game season era, Browns were 11-5 last year, 12-5 would be a slight improvement, 13-4 would be much better and almost certainly win the division. 

Doh - I can't get used to this 17-game setup at all!  I think 13-4 sounds very doable for them. It could come crashing down, but if it does just sacrifice Odell like last year and the magic will start flowing again.

10 hours ago, stevegrab said:

NFL is now in the 17 game season era, Browns were 11-5 last year, 12-5 would be a slight improvement, 13-4 would be much better and almost certainly win the division. 

Couzzie, they might be the 3rd best team in that division. It all depends on which Mayfield shows up over 17 games. On paper, Cleveland is a 13 win team all day. On the field? We'll see. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Couzzie, they might be the 3rd best team in that division. It all depends on which Mayfield shows up over 17 games. On paper, Cleveland is a 13 win team all day. On the field? We'll see. 

WE shall see, do you really think Pittsburgh is better than Cleveland? You were dropped on your head when you were a child. You been drinking to much of that SC eagle-p

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

WE shall see, do you really think Pittsburgh is better than Cleveland? You were dropped on your head when you were a child. You been drinking to much of that SC eagle-p

I think any team from that division, other than the Bengals, can win that the division. 

On 5/22/2021 at 7:39 PM, League_Champion said:

I do to. I don't think it's a sure thing by any means that the Browns win that division. 

Can't argue with that. Ravens have to be the favorite. But all I'm saying is, don't sleep on the Browns!

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I can see three playoff teams from afc north

Buf, ten, kc, those three and who?

The Titans are not a lock be any means, I believe Indy wins that div. 2 from the north , 2 from the east ,2 from the west.    Buffalo - Miami     Ravens - Browns    KC - Chargers and Indy  

On 5/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, League_Champion said:

16 hours ago, stethant said:

Can't argue with that. Ravens have to be the favorite. But all I'm saying is, don't sleep on the Browns!

He just likes trashing Mayfield, and doubting the Browns are for real. I'd say the Ravens are a bit better, but the Browns are better than the Steelers and their ancient QB. Making the playoffs isn't guaranteed for any team in the league. Any of the top teams lose QB or other top players could totally change the picture. 

I've spent the last decades doubting and wondering if the Browns were for real when they improved (which was rare), this time is different on many levels. The doubters will continue to doubt...

This thread went downhill fast.  Not looking forward to my Browns opening up at KC.  They have exactly 1 opening day win since they came back in 1999.  Really thought this was going to be the year the NFL threw them a bone like a home game vs Detroit week 1 to get them off that 13 or whatever year losing streak to open the season.  Thanks for nothing NFL.

That said this could be the game of the year week 1.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

This thread went downhill fast.  Not looking forward to my Browns opening up at KC.  They have exactly 1 opening day win since they came back in 1999.  Really thought this was going to be the year the NFL threw them a bone like a home game vs Detroit week 1 to get them off that 13 or whatever year losing streak to open the season.  Thanks for nothing NFL.

That said this could be the game of the year week 1.

The 2021 Browns are not the same old Browns since returning in 1999, they lost the majority of their opening day games because they stunk, and few teams were bad enough for them to beat after the most recent rebuild (new key players, coaches, GM, etc). 

If they got thrown a bone and played the Lions in week 1, and the Chiefs in late November, would the results be different? 

Yeah it's kinda funny - the liberals went from being rather odious to the Last True Defenders of Democracy in just 4 years. Took some of the GOP with them.

<throws grenade, runs away cackling>

Enjoy!

:fishy::fishy::fishy:

PS Browns are due. Way due. Totally past due. Will it be the 2021 season?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

Come on now you know it has to be H8Tank 

Now there was some of the Huddle's finest trash heaps!  Scrambled away...

• Haha 1