[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taxi squads

Henry Muto

Does anyone have an interests in raising the size of the taxi squads from 7 to say 8 to 10 guys ?  We have 5 rounds and we hold for 3 years but only have 7 limit so after 1 year you have to be promoting or cutting guys to make room for next year.  Sometimes these guys take 2-3 years to develop and show anything.  In my other leagues I play we have 18 man taxi for 7 rounds, 14 man taxi for 7 rounds and 12 man taxi for 7 rounds.

This would not being this year if we did want to increase it and a vote passed it would be for starting with the 2022 season.  A lot of times some people get a lot of picks but feel forced into trading them because they just don't have the taxi squad room.  

Everyone has a different opinion so I just wanted to see what people thought.  I know some of you vote pretty much against any new idea or any change but thought making it between 8 to 10 players would be better.

Let me hear your thoughts and we will see if even worth putting up for vote (tell me if you would keep at 7 or if you would want more would you prefer 8, 9 or 10 guys)

Nothing is happening this year so feel free to chime in whenever on the subject.

Someone from another league asked why we are not putting this to vote for this year.  I said because teams would have handled their draft differently that had a lot of extra picks this year.

That said I thought of this idea

We could do something like this if most people wanted it.  Increase to 8 taxi squads for 2021 followed by an increase to 10 taxi squad spots for 2022.

Anyone have any interest in that ?

• Like 2

1.6 League Rules

1.6.1 Rule Changes
League Rules will be reviewed annually during the month of March. Major rule changes can only be made through a league-wide vote requiring 57% (8) yes votes for passage. In-season votes, though discouraged, require 10 yes votes to pass (only to be used in extreme situations).
Votes will normally be conducted at the LLD forum site located at TheHuddle.com. Off-season votes are due within 7 days of posting at the forum. In-season votes are due within 48 hours of the time posted at the forum. During these time frames, if the required votes are not cast, the time frame will not be extended and the vote will be considered to have failed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Are you posting this because you're legit against the idea for this year or because of the rules?

I’m against it for this year because of the rules. They are there for a reason. There’s no rush to do this. It’s a good idea. It’s an easy yes vote next year. Why can’t we just leave it there? 

17 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think you're more hardcore about "rules" because of your important and dangerous job. :bow:

Maybe. Who knows. I just think it’s better to give guys time to get ready for it. It’d benefit me in YODT but that’s a horrible reason to rush things. Maybe I just prefer a Dutch oven to a microwave. 

2 hours ago, MorningMud said:

Maybe. Who knows. I just think it’s better to give guys time to get ready for it. It’d benefit me in YODT but that’s a horrible reason to rush things. Maybe I just prefer a Dutch oven to a microwave. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Fair enough, but...

"I just think it’s better to give guys time to get ready for it."

... They can decide for themselves, yeah?

I'm the new kid on the block, so I will keep my commentary on rules to a minimum, but I do understand MM's perspective on the rules following the rules. I thought we were discussing changes for next year. Henry Muto offered a fair compromise of moving taxi up to 8 this year, but that was after our draft got started. In other words, knowing it would be 8 this year could've changed the draft and trading picks strategies. And this is coming from the person with one of the biggest rosters (I think Opie beats me in both leagues). This league runs a tight ship, one of the reasons I like it. If we move up to 8 this year, we just need to be mindful of the precedent we might be setting.     

• Thanks 1

We have 3 Bond leagues that are mirror to each other that we keep all the rules the same DAD, YODT and LLD.  So everyone has to be mindful that all 3 leagues voices are to be heard in any and every rule change.  I am technically not even in YODT or LLD (wink wink) but I am basically the commish of all the huddle leagues we play in (including DAF as well the IDP black sheep of the family).  I was not the commish of any of the leagues on day 1.  In 2012 DAD was created by electricrelish and I wasn't even his teammate until a few rounds into the draft he had to go to a dinner and I took over for him in the meantime and stuck a deal with Opie for Demaryius Thomas which shocked me as I heard Opie was a Denver fan.  From that point forward Jason was like "well just be my teammate" and it was said and done.  Then in 2014 DAF was created and run by MonkeyOne.  Again I was not part of any team and this was IDP something I had done since 1997 when I created my first dynasty league but we used sacks and INT's only no tackles.  Then in 2010 I created my 2nd dynasty league and we added limited tackles at 0.5 per tackle.  So I had no real interest in a full IDP 2 pt per tackle league but then Jason did the most devilish deeds he selected Dez Bryant at 1.03 in the startup knowing he was my favorite player (and soon about to lead Henry Muto along with Julio Jones into the world of National Champions) so I said "ok you got me I am in as your teammate".

A few years later MonkeyOne had no desire to continue as commish and phantommenace took over to finish out the year but I said I would take it over and run it in 2016 and have ever since.  Here is where this started in DAD and why I brought it up.  It isn't an easy world to appease 30+ owners

On 5/22/2021 at 1:48 AM, phantommenace said:

If we are having this discussion now why are we waiting until next season to put it into place?

Should we not vote on that as well?

On 5/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, Henry Muto said:

Some people would have done different with their draft picks if they knew they had more taxi spots this year it didn't seem fair that we would put this rule in place for this year especially since we had the drafts already. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Henry Muto said:

We could do something like this if most people wanted it.  Increase to 8 taxi squads for 2021 followed by an increase to 10 taxi squad spots for 2022.

Anyone have any interest in that ?

On 5/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, phantommenace said:

This would work for me if anyone one else is intererested 

On 5/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, LordOpie said:

Sure

On 5/22/2021 at 6:12 PM, Big John said:

Fine by me.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:59 AM, Brentastic said:

I'm good with changing for this year

• Like 2

If everyone is cool changning it this year, then F the rules.  If you're driving down a country road at 2:00 AM and come up to a stop sign and there is NOBODY around... do you stop?  F no, you don't, you roll thru because in that situation at that time, the RULE of stopping doesn't make sense. Not all rules need to be enforced 100% of the time.  I haven't worn my face diaper one time outside even though it was a "rule".  Not all rules need to be nor should be followed, we can decide for ourselves what path to take. I vote make the change THIS YEAR since we all agree on it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The March note is a little outdated.  Most of us barely are doing anything anymore for our huddle leagues in March.  I spent most the month watching March Madness without thinking about football and then at the end of March most years I spent trying to find replacements for quitting teams.  By the time that is done we are in April.  March should be replaced with offseason.  Doesn't matter if we vote in March, April, May, June, ect.

Now for this case it is a little different as we have already drafted so I did think it wouldn't be fair to jump from 7 to 10 spots this year.  Like I said I was 100% already expecting this only for next year never even brought up the idea for the extra 1 added spot for this year but when a league member asked about why we just don't do it for this year I thought about it more and tried to come up with something I thought most people would like (of course everyone isn't going to agree with everything).

Either way happy to see most want to increase it for next year at a minimum I mean this was long overdue as our 4th and 5th round picks have become buy out fests as what is the point on drafting a guy that will hit like less than 5% of the time in his 1st year so by then he is gone or already gone that same year because no one has room.

There are only so many James Robinson's who hit instantly.  You need time to keep those guys around and I rather reward the team that drafted the player then the team that won him in FA if at all possible.

In my league I created in 2016 we have a rookie contract rule.  Your bring up a rookie to your active roster and he gets a 1 year rookie deal and the next year it becomes open contract.  That makes I feel the league so much better as these contacts at 50 years restrict everyone to putting 3 or 4 years on these young guys and before you know it your franchising or trading them on 1 year deals for half what they are worth.  Also you get locked out of guys who explode last in the year as rookies not having cap space to put them on your roster.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

In my league I created in 2016 we have a rookie contract rule.  Your bring up a rookie to your active roster and he gets a 1 year rookie deal and the next year it becomes open contract.  That makes I feel the league so much better as these contacts at 50 years restrict everyone to putting 3 or 4 years on these young guys and before you know it your franchising or trading them on 1 year deals for half what they are worth.  Also you get locked out of guys who explode last in the year as rookies not having cap space to put them on your roster.  

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, MorningMud said:

This isn’t the month of March and it isn’t an emergency. I’m all for it next year. 

Actually in DAD I had already wrote the correct verbiage into the rule book.  It seems I have not been copying over to YODT and LLD all the changes I made to DAD.  In fact in both YODT and LLD it still said 48 hours when we all know we changed everything to 24 hours before last year.  I will try and clean everything up to make them exactly the same.

1.6.1 Rule Changes
League Rules will be reviewed annually during the off-season. Major rule changes can only be made through a league-wide vote requiring 10 yes votes for passage. In-season votes, though discouraged, require 12 yes votes to pass (only to be used in extreme situations).
Votes will normally be conducted at the DAD forum site located at TheHuddle.com. Off-season votes are due within 10 days of posting at the forum. In-season votes are due within 48 hours of the time posted at the forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry Muto said:

Actually in DAD I had already wrote the correct verbiage into the rule book.  It seems I have not been copying over to YODT and LLD all the changes I made to DAD.  In fact in both YODT and LLD it still said 48 hours when we all know we changed everything to 24 hours before last year.  I will try and clean everything up to make them exactly the same.

1.6.1 Rule Changes
League Rules will be reviewed annually during the off-season. Major rule changes can only be made through a league-wide vote requiring 10 yes votes for passage. In-season votes, though discouraged, require 12 yes votes to pass (only to be used in extreme situations).
Votes will normally be conducted at the DAD forum site located at TheHuddle.com. Off-season votes are due within 10 days of posting at the forum. In-season votes are due within 48 hours of the time posted at the forum.

Thank for clarifying this.

• Like 1