LordOpie

Buffalo receivers

52 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Perhaps, but In your case a load that should of been swallowed. 

You had to edit to come up with that?  How desperately stupid was your first attempt to post something?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

You had to edit to come up with that?  How desperately stupid was your first attempt to post something?

Ohhh, don't bust me up with your brilliance Bobby, it's intimidating. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Perhaps, but In your case a load that should of been swallowed. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

He was probably trying to decide if it was "should of" been swallowed or "should have" been swallowed. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, irish said:

He was probably trying to decide if it was "should of" been swallowed or "should have" been swallowed. 

You used to do this editing of others in clan wars. :lol:

30 minutes ago, irish said:

Heh.  The humor of a 13 year old and grammatical skills to match.  

31 minutes ago, Shaft said:

You used to do this editing of others in clan wars. :lol:

Damn teachers!

On 6/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Not to mention his understanding of sex and the reproductive system....he thinks not swallowing the load leads to becoming pregnant :rolleyes:  :crazy:  

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Not to mention his understanding of sex and the reproductive system....he thinks not swallowing the load leads to becoming pregnant :rolleyes:  :crazy:  

You would certainly know about taking loads 

• Haha 1

The dumb is strong in this thread.  No surprise really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You would certainly know about taking loads 

Wow you really burned me that time, did you brag to your friends on the playground about it?

I don't have any input on Buffalo receivers but regarding the tangential discussion, getting the vaccine is simply a decision of risks vs benefits.  I'm one of the "long haul" Covid survivors.  My cough lasted 18 weeks and my heart rate went from a baseline of 70 to 110-120's.  After a few months I was exercising again but my heart rate would run in the 180's, which is theoretically impossible at my age (upper 40's).  It wasn't Covid, it was my bodies reaction to it and the cardiac damage the reaction caused.  Many other younger to middle aged males had similar issue's.  We all seem to recover about 4-6 months later although I'm now the most out of shape I've ever been.

I am a physician and I didn't get the vaccine.  I'm worried about kicking off the inflammatory cascade that took me from the best shape of my life (except for my military days) to the worst shape of me life.  I had a recent scare with an exposure and reconsidered but ultimately decided against it.  That said, just about everybody I know has had the vaccine and in the region in which I live the majority of people have had it.  We've seen our hospital case numbers plumet since it began being administered.  So I'm gambling that I'll avoid another exposure.  I still wear an N95 mask at work.

Had I not had Covid, I would absolutely get the vaccine. There are side effects and complications dotting literature but so far, they are no where near as bad as the virus itself.  Be careful with sources, most of what been published so far is non-peer reviewed garbage.  But, in the end it's a personal decision.  If you don't want to get it, fine.  Just understand that it's a gamble either way.  

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Thanks 5

@1fastdoc.

Good post. As a doctor, how do you feel about remdesivir and ivermectin?

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

The dumb is strong in this thread.  No surprise really.

Q'anon combined with the grade school potty mouth talk certainly isn't going to sound smart to most.  

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Had I not had Covid, I would absolutely get the vaccine. There are side effects and complications dotting literature but so far, they are no where near as bad as the virus itself.  Be careful with sources, most of what been published so far is non-peer reviewed garbage.  But, in the end it's a personal decision.  If you don't want to get it, fine.  Just understand that it's a gamble either way.  

I really enjoyed your input and reasoning behind your personal decision.  Not trying to throw everyone for a loop, but If there was more evidence to suggest that you could catch covid 19 (or one of its variables) multiple times would you be open to rethink your decision to not be vaccinated?

5 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I don't have any input on Buffalo receivers but regarding the tangential discussion, getting the vaccine is simply a decision of risks vs benefits.  I'm one of the "long haul" Covid survivors.  My cough lasted 18 weeks and my heart rate went from a baseline of 70 to 110-120's.  After a few months I was exercising again but my heart rate would run in the 180's, which is theoretically impossible at my age (upper 40's).  It wasn't Covid, it was my bodies reaction to it and the cardiac damage the reaction caused.  Many other younger to middle aged males had similar issue's.  We all seem to recover about 4-6 months later although I'm now the most out of shape I've ever been.

I am a physician and I didn't get the vaccine.  I'm worried about kicking off the inflammatory cascade that took me from the best shape of my life (except for my military days) to the worst shape of me life.  I had a recent scare with an exposure and reconsidered but ultimately decided against it.  That said, just about everybody I know has had the vaccine and in the region in which I live the majority of people have had it.  We've seen our hospital case numbers plumet since it began being administered.  So I'm gambling that I'll avoid another exposure.  I still wear an N95 mask at work.

Hope you continue to improve!  I agree, I am not sure there is much evidence to state that the vaccination adds anything if you have had COVID previously. 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Thanks for your post. I wish everyone had this view. It’s a risk either way. Respect my decision and I’ll respect yours! Sounds like the basics this country was founded on. I like it. More people need to adopt this attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Someone actually 'laughed' at the above post of mine. Imagine laughing at the notion of respecting each other's personal medical decisions.  Whoever laughed (probably @irish the gigantic pecker head) doesn't deserve this country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Someone actually 'laughed' at the above post of mine. Imagine laughing at the notion of respecting each other's personal medical decisions.  Whoever laughed (probably @irish the gigantic pecker head) doesn't deserve this country.

Wasn't me, not engaging. 

2 hours ago, Brentastic said:

Imagine laughing at the notion of respecting each other's personal medical decisions. 

Our world has gone wobbly sideways. Strange days.

Lol....pretty sure that fastdoc would prefer his post stand on its own merits; not hijacked or associated with whatever is going on with the rambling combative nonsense.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, millworkguy said:

I really enjoyed your input and reasoning behind your personal decision.  Not trying to throw everyone for a loop, but If there was more evidence to suggest that you could catch covid 19 (or one of its variables) multiple times would you be open to rethink your decision to not be vaccinated?

The evidence is there and I've known a couple people who've had it twice (documented by Antibody testing) and also had it after the vaccine, which WAS considered to be about 90% effective but that number may be a lot lower as Covid mutates.  One vaccine's efficacy appears to be down to 60% for the delta strain although that is coming from Isreali data and I haven't seen the actual study, so who knows if it is legit.  And the vaccine will almost certainly be less effective against the newer lambda strain (and those that follow).

Ultimately, this is going to be a lot like the influenza virus.  Quick mutations mean that the vaccine you got last year may not be effective this year.  And the antibodies probably fade too.  

To answer your question, I expect we'll see an improved vaccine offered this fall and yes, I'll get it.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Lol....pretty sure that fastdoc would prefer his post stand on its own merits; not hijacked or associated with whatever is going on with the rambling combative nonsense.

This is a forum, I kind of expect hijacking and may be guilty of it myself at times.

Wow. The things that money can buy.

20210720_211750.jpg

13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Wow. The things that money can buy.

20210720_211750.jpg

Btw, the share price was $41.05 today .

I think we could all by Cole's wife a share.

25 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Btw, the share price was $41.05 today .

I think we could all by Cole's wife a share.

It's not so much about the price, but the fact that he was so outspoken against, but then says he'll get vaccinated AND be an advocate a if % of the earnings go into his wife's name. :huh: