[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones to The Titans

6 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think he is still a great real player, but i think his FF career is done

I don't think this is the case. Is Julio a #1 WR?  No.  However depending on the league size, he could be a low end #2, solid #3 WR and certainly a flex play. I could see him finishing with 65+ receptions, surpassing 1,000 yards with a handful of TDs. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LordOpie said:

Are you factoring in reduction due to joining a new team, age, and going to a team that has a qb and oc that doesn't mesh well with his skill set?

I think Reynolds will have more ff points than Jones

Yup, factoring all that. Just saying that I don't agree that his FF career is over. He's not gonna set the world on fire but to think he won't be rostered or play any role in FF is going too far IMO.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I guess the question is, how many completions do y'all think tannehill will have? If similar to last year, then Corey and Jonnu leave open 106 for Reynolds and Jones to split

I think Reynolds takes a huge hit and not only doesn't he outscore Julio but it's more likely Julio doubles up Reynolds in targets, yards and TDs.  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I guess the question is, how many completions do y'all think tannehill will have? If similar to last year, then Corey and Jonnu leave open 106 for Reynolds and Jones to split

Don't forget Firsker.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Don't forget Firsker.

#2 TE for Fantasy purposes. 

Edited by irish
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shaft said:

So much of this rides on what kind of year Henry will have. 

Many are predicting a down year because of his recent usage and the history of such usage. However, another top 5 finish is in the cards and some are even liking him as the #2 RB after the Julio trade. 

11 hours ago, irish said:

I don't think this is the case. Is Julio a #1 WR?  No.  However depending on the league size, he could be a low end #2, solid #3 WR and certainly a flex play. I could see him finishing with 65+ receptions, surpassing 1,000 yards with a handful of TDs. 

FF career is done :rolleyes: just more hyperbole to get attention.  Do these people play in 6 man leagues where only the top 15-20 WR are relevant. Players don't have to be a 1 or even a 2 at their position (other than QB) to be worthy of a roster spot in most leagues. If you play in an average 12 team league and start 2-3 WRs plenty of WR3s will see action.

Sure Julio won't be a top WR any more, he's not going to get 10 targets per game like he did over his career with the Falcons. But that doesn't mean he's worthless. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

#easilytriggered

How about y'all predict some numbers? I'm going with 50/600/6.

#50 wr, #100 flex

In my 16 team league, that makes him a bye week player. In 12 team, nearly not worth rostering.

At best, he's #3 receiver on TEN a after Reynolds. Probably  after firkser too

In your leagues.....well in my 12 team league there is no flex, and we start 3 WR, most teams roster 5-6 WR. So a #50 ranked WR with those stats is somebody's low WR4 or high WR5, and can see more action than just as a bye week filler (injuries). 

Far from what he was, yes, DEAD IN FF NO   Maybe dead to you and your league (I doubt that though and bet somebody drafts him and he is rostered most of the season unless he goes on IR). 

By the way, Gabriel Davis (BUF-WR) had 39 rec on 62 targets, 599 yards and 7 TDs, is dead in FF too? 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

#easilytriggered

How about y'all predict some numbers? I'm going with 50/600/6.

#50 wr, #100 flex

In my 16 team league, that makes him a bye week player. In 12 team, nearly not worth rostering.

At best, he's #3 receiver on TEN a after Reynolds. Probably  after firkser too

OK I'll play - assuming the 50/500/6 is your Julio projection?

Titans defense remains terrible. I think he goes for 80/1050/7 as the Titans transition to less run and more balance. Way off typical Atlanta production but still a mid- to low-end WR2.

50/500/6 ain't worth a 2nd round pick - they gotta feature him more. You're saying Julio gets less action than Reynolds and Firkser? Are we :fishy: now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stethant said:

OK I'll play - assuming the 50/500/6 is your Julio projection?

Titans defense remains terrible. I think he goes for 80/1050/7 as the Titans transition to less run and more balance. Way off typical Atlanta production but still a mid- to low-end WR2.

50/500/6 ain't worth a 2nd round pick - they gotta feature him more. You're saying Julio gets less action than Reynolds and Firkser? Are we :fishy: now?

This is exactly what I'm saying, unless Julio gets hurt, there's no way he ends the year (with 1 extra game) with 500 receiving yards!  Rather I think he's a top 30-35 WRs. 

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

And Steve unable to provide a projection.

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Don't forget my original prediction-

19 hours ago, irish said:

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

But you didn't actually say anything... We2 or 3 or flex ;):boxing:

Ok, so you say 65/1000/5

Sure I did, I not only made a pretty exact prediction, but I also called him a top 30-35 WRs equating to a WR2/3 depending on league size. 

Should be fun seeing how this plays out. 

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Julio Jones a #1 WR? No way.  I currently have him at No. 24 (PPR). I go through a in-depth analysis and review over the next month for a second complete re-ranking but I doubt I'll change much. 

I currently have him at 76-980-6 but that is more likely to fall than to rise.

Jones was a Top-6 WR for many  years through 2019. Then he had hip and hamstring issues last season. He's 32 years old and having multiple health issues is very troublesome for an aging wideout.

My concern with him is less about his health than where he ended up. TEN has a rushing offense and was No. 1 in rushing attempts last year - and they relied heavily on just one guy.  They were No. 30 in pass attempts.  Ryan Tannehill was very efficient and effective give the lower amount of passes, but then again the defense first assumption was that the Titans would run the ball. A.J. Brown was a touchdown magnet and Jones has long been a "yards not scores" kind of player. He replaces Corey Davis who had four 100-yard games and then little else in all other games. I could see that sort of potential and inconsistency from Jones as a No. 2 WR in an offense that threw less than almost anyone last year.

I am also concerned that the Titans have one of the worst schedules for passing in the NFL this year. And they are going from No. 17 to No. 30 in schedule strength for WRs.

It will be interesting to see what happens and on the surface of it, the move looks great for the Titans. I'll be following it closely.

I still think Jones can play it's more of a matter of if he can stay healthy. Seems like he's been dinged up a lot here and there recently. And motivation might have been a bit difficult those with the Super Bowl letdown and years after not being very good. He could be reinvigorated with a new team. 

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from our overlord @DMD

Not sure what it matters as far as my projection, even if I accept your stats and ranking. Guys with 500 yards and 6TDs slated to be the 50th WR are not dead in fantasy football. I already said that, they may not be top level anymore, but they are worth a roster spot unless you have very small rosters, or leagues. Maybe you can ignore him in your league, maybe your whole league does. But I doubt it. 

Now DMD has offered his stats and ranking, is Opie still going to tell us that a WR24 is dead and not worthy of a roster spot? 

I get it, Julio isn't who he once was, but who is? He has less value, but that doesn't mean he's worthless and can be ignored. Let's revisit and look at his ADP in late August and see what actual leagues thought about him.  

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Lol just because David says something doesn't make it gospel. I can respect and disagree with his opinion.

And I do disagree.

I'll put you down for your projection as wr24 since you can't come up with your own independent thought #triggered

I thought the fun part of ff is having different opinions?

Absolutely agreed on all points!

You used to be in the Huddle ladder, remember when I used to do team rankings based on the Huddle stats versus mine... just for fun, and then compared them at seasons end. 

• Thanks 1

I also wonder about Henry, in his age 28 season. If he goes down you have to imagine they will be throwing more.  He had 378 carries alone last year. Granted, he isn't human, he is giving out punishment more than he takes but still, he can't stay indestructible forever.  

Edited by purplemonster

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I thought the fun part of ff is having different opinions?

x1000

There's actually a real fun debate going on, like at a BBQ, without political BS. Let's enjoy us all acting like we're fortune tellers and rub it in the other's face at the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Shaft said:

x1000

There's actually a real fun debate going on, like at a BBQ, without political BS. Let's enjoy us all acting like we're fortune tellers and rub it in the other's face at the end of the season.

That would be an awesome BBQ to attend!

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wonder what the Titans are expecting out of Jones? That's a lot of money for what most are calling a WR2. 

Not really, his cap hit is approximately $15 million. That's in the range of Jarvis Landry, Mike Williams, OBJ, etc.

30 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

To be clear, I'm not projecting big numbers but i do think he'll be very important in key situations. I think his addition is the difference in one additional regular season win and one game deeper into the playoffs.

Granted, you'd need access to alternate universes to to prove that but point is... I think his real football contributions will be well worth it

Alright now, that's progress and moving in the right direction!  Seeing him as valuable in some regard, pretty soon you'll be jumping on board with him being a top 30-35 WR play!  You can do it!  B)

• Haha 1