[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Gurley visiting Ravens

League_Champion

16 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I honestly thought he had already signed in Detroit.  As a Dobbins owner I'm hoping he doesn't land a deal, even if I think his best days are wayyyy behind him.

And its sad because he's only 26, but this game is rough on the body.

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

And its sad because he's only 26, but this game is rough on the body.

True and that's a life-long cost but he also is only 26 and has been paid $70 million in his career.

10 minutes ago, DMD said:

True and that's a life-long cost but he also is only 26 and has been paid $70 million in his career.

I thought it was more like $50 million. But point well made, he's been paid well to be only 26.

Talk about a tale of two seasons last year. First half - 9 TDs in 9 games. After their bye - total dust.

His yards were never impressive but the TDs saved him. I'd be skeptical this year....until KC adds him lol.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, stethant said:

His yards were never impressive but the TDs saved him. I'd be skeptical this year....until KC adds him lol.

:lol:

You know, you might be on to something. This had been Reid's M.O. the past few seasons.

36 minutes ago, Shaft said:

:lol:

You know, you might be on to something. This had been Reid's M.O. the past few seasons.

I could see that.  CEH from 20 to 20 and then Gurley inside the 20.  Would make CEH's value dip quite a bit.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, LordOpie said:

Yeah,that's why i avoided him. I couldn't remember the details.

I didn't avoid him I took him at the 1.01 in 2 dynasty leagues and he helped me win 2 ships that year he went bonkers in the playoffs so I can't really complain.  If I was a smarter player I would have traded him right before he got injured and landed the moon, stars and sun for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 6:28 PM, Shaft said:

I thought it was more like $50 million. But point well made, he's been paid well to be only 26.

It is closer to $50 million according to this site, not sure where DMD got the $70M figure from, still a lot either way, but $70M is 40% more and not an insignificant difference.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/todd-gurley-16734/cash-earnings/

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It is closer to $50 million according to this site, not sure where DMD got the $70M figure from, still a lot either way, but $70M is 40% more and not an insignificant difference.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/todd-gurley-16734/cash-earnings/

xed.thumb.jpg.9c7030af6c0805e674aa846f4e1da28f.jpg

From dead contracts from the Rams.

2 hours ago, DMD said:

OK, but the 2020 yearly cash ($5,050,000) is already included in the career earnings, and I don't think he earned any money in 2021 from that dead contract with the Rams. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'd expect the Career Earnings page is the accurate amount.  I checked the OverTheCap site which shows a similar $51M amount

https://overthecap.com/player/todd-gurley/3858/

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

OK, but the 2020 yearly cash ($5,050,000) is already included in the career earnings, and I don't think he earned any money in 2021 from that dead contract with the Rams. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'd expect the Career Earnings page is the accurate amount.  I checked the OverTheCap site which shows a similar $51M amount

https://overthecap.com/player/todd-gurley/3858/

DMD, in your professional opinion, have any of these big RB contracts been worth it? I'm thinking about Gurley, CMC, Zeke, etc. It seems as soon as they are signed, things just don't go right.

21 hours ago, DMD said:

DMD, in your professional opinion, have any of these big RB contracts been worth it? I'm thinking about Gurley, CMC, Zeke, etc. It seems as soon as they are signed, things just don't go right.

Hard to say, really. Zeke's may end up a decent value though DAL is more of a passing team now, so maybe he's a luxury. Gurley and Le'Veon Bell were bad deals. If CMC doesn't get back on track this year, then yeah, he's not worth it.

13 minutes ago, DMD said:

Hard to say, really. Zeke's may end up a decent value though DAL is more of a passing team now, so maybe he's a luxury. Gurley and Le'Veon Bell were bad deals. If CMC doesn't get back on track this year, then yeah, he's not worth it.

Because of Dallas moving towards more of a Passing team, I’ve been trying to load up on Tony Pollard in my best ball drafts. On Underdog, for the million dollar contest. (It might be 3.5 million, I’m not sure.) anyways, I drafted against a guy who took Pollard in the first round. I don’t know what in the hell that was all about, but I’ll take Pollard in the slot all day over guys like McKissic, Darrell Henderson, Etienne, and Nyheim Hines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rekroot said:

Because of Dallas moving towards more of a Passing team, I’ve been trying to load up on Tony Pollard in my best ball drafts. On Underdog, for the million dollar contest. (It might be 3.5 million, I’m not sure.) anyways, I drafted against a guy who took Pollard in the first round. I don’t know what in the hell that was all about, but I’ll take Pollard in the slot all day over guys like McKissic, Darrell Henderson, Etienne, and Nyheim Hines. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm a Cowboys' fan and liked what I saw from Pollard last year, however, I think we get a return to form from Zeke and therefore, prefer to have Etienne, Hines and McKissic (slightly) over Pollard.