[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tough keeper decision to make

Finn5033

I’d like some thoughts on my keeper situation. Please see below

league is a 12 team non ppr league. I can keep one of these guys for 1 more year and it doesn’t cost me anything. Help me choose one

Kittle - I like the thought of keeping him because as we all know top tier TE’s are slim

Metcalf - Like the thought of keeping him because obviously he is a stud and I think still ascending but there are lots of good WR’s

C. Akers - Came on nicely at the end of last season and is primed for a workhorse role. After the 1st two rounds all of the RB’s are gone

J. Rob - I don’t really think he is in consideration anymore, just too many question marks.

Being that it doesn’t cost me a pick I think value wise Akers is the choice seeing as where he has been going in drafts. I think Metcalf is the safest, I don’t have to choose now obviously and I don’t know where I’m picking yet either. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Non-PPR, assuming relatively standard lineup requirements and assuming this is your only keeper, I think Akers is likely the best choice, but:

1. Do you know your draft slot yet?

2. If yes, who do you think the best players available will be at your pick?

More than likely I'd say keep Akers, but if for example you have the #1 pick and an owner has Barkley and Cook so can only keep one, and you don't like the WRs coming back to you, you could keep Metcalf then use the #1 pick on whichever of Barkley/Cook isn't kept. Obviously this is a very specific scenario, but it's a step you should look at to maximize the value on your roster

Sorry I should have given a little more info. Every team only keeps one player. You can’t keep first rd picks from the prior year or guys that were keepers the prior year. So essentially everyone of the top picks will be available in rd 1. I don’t know where I’m picking yet. Starting line ups are QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex 

WRs are diminished by the starting reqs, no ppr, and general availability so Metcalf is out for me.  2 RB leagues generally create a high demand on the position due to the lack of availability, even more so if it's common for teams to use a 3rd in the flex.  Akers is the clear choice to me. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Def. said:

WRs are diminished by the starting reqs, no ppr, and general availability so Metcalf is out for me.  2 RB leagues generally create a high demand on the position due to the lack of availability, even more so if it's common for teams to use a 3rd in the flex.  Akers is the clear choice to me. 

This for sure in my opinion

Ouch that's a tough one but I agree with everyone.  Ultimately the RB and TE position is the position that is highly viewed as the most important to cover because there aren't many RBs and TEs that can produce at a high level. Kittles is awesome but the QB position is gloomy in San Fran and Kittle may suffer because of the QB scenario. 

• 1 month later...

Well I need to revive this thread since Akers is out. I think it comes down to Kittle or Metlcalf.

I’m torn on Keeping Kittle now since there seems to be some doubt that Jimmy G will still be there and start. If it ends up being Lance I think Kittle could be a safety blanket for him. 

Metcalf I know what I’ll get and it will be good

any other thoughts here

I would stay with Kittle. He could be #1 TE. Surely top 3 (barring injury). You can always draft Metcalf or someone with similar upside. Will be hard pressed to get a top tier TE. SF has the best QB strength of schedule this year and 2nd best TE strength of schedule this year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 7:57 PM, Hendo22 said:

I like Metcalf, Kittle gets hurt and has more competition this year.

I’m leaning this way now. Metcalf is definitely the more reliable option which is what I need especially since it’s not a PPR league. It’s a 12 team league if my pick is in the back half of the 1st rd I’m going to try and get Kelce with my 2nd rd pick. If my pick is in the 1st half of the rd I may change course and keep Kittle. So basically right now it’s going to come down to where I draft

Edited by Finn5033