[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the smallest league you've ever played in?

DMD

League Size  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the smallest league size you've played in before?

Over at BestBall 10s, they started offering leagues with only three or six teams. I'm playing in a 6-man one right now and it is definitely a different experience. I think I played in an 8-man league like 20 years ago at work but that was when fantasy football was pretty new to all of us. Best ball leagues are really just fun practice to me, and I wouldn't have considered every playing in anything short of ten teams in the past. Maybe I might try a smaller league. Seems like you'd have to get a lot of players on your roster right to just compete. Then again - the waiver wire would be crazy deep.

My long-time local was 8 for decades, then moved to 10 for the past 4 or so years, then went back to 8 last year due to drop out. Every team is staked and the waiver wire is full, which makes it real tough when the wire comes around due to so many choices. 10 is better.

I would think that those of us who have been playing for decades have probably played in at least 1 - 8 team league. Nowadays, those still in 8 team leagues are probably doing so in nostalgic long time leagues, those just starting up or these newer best ball leagues. 

I wonder about the impact of the scoring system in a small league. Is standard better than ppr in smaller leagues? It seems with PPR, you can always find value somewhere and a decent floor; this would change in standard. 

My very first roto baseball league back in the early 80s was a 4-team league.  I was a kid and my bro and uncle joined to do me a solid. Can't recall who else was in that league but it was a 4-teamer. More recently I've been in 1 or 2 eight team leagues.

Done 8 team

That small it makes sense to expand lineups at all spots, ie 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2-4 Flex depending on preference.

And can expand rosters accordingly (or keep them intentionally short to force owners to make tough decisions on waivers and/or trades)

I am in a ten team league for major money for the last 20 years. 

Then, I am also in a 6 team league that has pretty much family/kids involved.  Yeah, I have won the league 3 years in a row.  That's like bragging I am the tallest midget of all the midgets.. (nothing against tiny people)

18 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Board Invasions - best was that some of them came here to complain

The Rovers beer board one  quickly complained had had no sense of humor about it.

Before that, there was spain's invasion of strippersweb.