[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the smallest league you've ever played in?

DMD

League Size  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the smallest league size you've played in before?

I ran a 4 team league for me, my son a friend and his son.  Basically everyone was playing studs every week. 

It's a quick eye opener in to how much more valuable a consistent good player is over an inconsistent great player in head to head.  And luck plays a much greater role at the stud level since any player can pop off for huge points.

12 hours ago, purplemonster said:

The difference b/w 8 and 12 is vast, the rosters get so stacked in 8's. Generally I'd prefer larger leagues as my skill, if it exists, is probably finding decent players off the wire and roster management. 

It's even bigger when you go from 12 to 16.

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

And huge from 16 to 32 team single copy leagues 

When I played in a 32 team league, I felt like I was on an island surrounded by sharks. The only way to survive was to turn to a shark myself. 

Edited by Shaft

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

It's even bigger when you go from 12 to 16.

yeah that's interesting, I haven't gone above a 12.  I have played 8,10,12. Do you like 16?  I am having trouble even understanding what a 32 team league would look like. I'd imagine McCaffrey would have more points than some teams (sarcastic, not by much though?)

Edited by purplemonster

11 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

yeah that's interesting, I haven't gone above a 12.  I have played 8,10,12. Do you like 16?  I am having trouble even understanding what a 32 team league would look like. I'd imagine McCaffrey would have more points than some teams (sarcastic, not by much though?)

I really like 16, might be my favorite. You really have to know the game to do well. A 32 team league mirrors the real NFL;  it's the closest you can come to managing a real team on offense, you're lucky to get 2 studs.  

3 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I've been in 32 Homers for a long time. By the 5th round, you're secretly laughing at the guy that picks after you because you snagged his backup TE. By the seventh round, you're wondering if Barry Sanders is thinking of a comeback.

Also, you scan the waiver wire looking for a WR that had 3 targets in the last game, even if he had no yards

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chester said:

I've been in 32 Homers for a long time. By the 5th round, you're secretly laughing at the guy that picks after you because you snagged his backup TE. By the seventh round, you're wondering if Barry Sanders is thinking of a comeback.

Also, you scan the waiver wire looking for a WR that had 3 targets in the last game, even if he had no yards

Absolutely,

I find 2 problems trying to figure out smaller leagues after my 32 team

Trade values change so much as league size drops, second I still find myself looking at some of my 32 team sleepers in my smaller leagues (where they dont deserve to be rostered)

However, once you know the players, its easier to look for players in other leagues and snag bye week players and upside depth

• 2 weeks later...