[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best rookie wideout

DMD

Which rookie WR has the best outlook?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Top rookie WR is:

• CIN Ja'Marr Chase
    • MIA Jaylen Waddle
    • PHI DeVonta Smith
    • NYG Kadarius Toney
    • BAL Rashod Bateman
    • NYJ Elijah Moore
    • Other

There are several intriguing receivers from the draft. Which one would you most want on your team? 

Last years first 10 rookies were drafted in the order of 

1.12 LVR Henry Ruggs III
1.15 DEN Jerry Jeudy
1.17 DAL CeeDee Lamb
1.21 PHI Jalen Reagor
1.22 MIN Justin Jefferson
1.25 SF Brandon Aiyuk
2.01 CIN Tee Higgins
2.02 IND Michael Pittman
2.10 JAC Laviska Shenault Jr.
2.14 DEN KJ Hamler

This year is

1.05 CIN Ja'Marr Chase
1.06 MIA Jaylen Waddle
1.10 PHI DeVonta Smith
1.20 NYG Kadarius Toney
1.27 BAL Rashod Bateman
2.02 NYJ Elijah Moore
2.17 ARI Rondale Moore
2.24 SEA D'Wayne Eskridge
2.25 LAR Tutu Atwell
2.27 CAR Terrace Marshall Jr.

Lots of talent.

I think Chase, head and shoulders, ends up as the top dog and pushes the top 20 at the WR position. 

I do like Marshall Jr's value though as he has a lower ADP and could have equivalent or better full season value than the Moores or Bateman who are being drafted before him. 

Edited by irish

I'm going to offer a different perspective. It might be Chase, but he has to share targets with two established receivers and a running back. I think Elijah Moore is very undervalued and can be the top receiver in this class. He's very Antonio Brownish (meaning skillset).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I'm going to offer a different perspective. It might be Chase, but he has to share targets with two established receivers and a running back. I think Elijah Moore is very undervalued and can be the top receiver in this class. He's very Antonio Brownish (meaning skillset).

I actually like him as well, just not with a rookie QB on a team that won't be looking to throw a ton. He'll have value for sure but won't finish as the top rookie WR from this class.

15 minutes ago, irish said:

I actually like him as well, just not with a rookie QB on a team that won't be looking to throw a ton. He'll have value for sure but won't finish as the top rookie WR from this class.

If they're not throwing a lot, then Michael Carter might be a running back to snag in later rounds for redraft. They have a lot of rookies on that offense. My point is that Moore doesn't have a lot of elite competition. With that being said, it should still be Chase.

59 minutes ago, Shaft said:

If they're not throwing a lot, then Michael Carter might be a running back to snag in later rounds for redraft. They have a lot of rookies on that offense. My point is that Moore doesn't have a lot of elite competition. With that being said, it should still be Chase.

Completely agree with this and is the reason he's in the discussion at all. However, he will be competing with Davis, Mims, Cole and Crowder but should finish 2nd behind Davis. 

I do like Carter as a RB3 with upside. 

Edited by irish

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

i think carter is being overdrafted and will be stuck in an rbbc, with LaFleur as oc

Chase is competing with 2 good WR and a good/competent back, so I think that caps his ceiling a bit, although I guess I would still choose him. Waddle might have been my favorite but with Will Fuller going to MIA probably not. Devonta Smith has easier competition in PHI but he has Hurts throwing to him. Same with Bateman, he's going to a running team and Jackson getting him the ball. 

On 7/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, Shaft said:

Amon-Ra St. Brown is also a dark horse. He's the type of receiver Goff loves.

Chase no doubt at the top. Then I'd say Devonta Smith has the better year of those listed. I do think however that Amon-Ra St.Brown is in a pretty good spot in Detroit. Lions will be playing from behind a lot and end up having to throw. That will benefit St.Brown. Forget Williams & Perriman, Amon-Ra will be their top receiver come season's end. Could he possibly be a darkhorse mini-Jefferson? Umm, we'll see.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:28 PM, gilthorp said:

Smith, and the wrong Moore is in the poll.

I like Smith a lot too, actually.  He will automatically be the #1 for Philly (not sure that's saying much, but still...).

I just don't think he'll score a lot of TDs.  That's what will put Chase over the top.

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Smith will score plenty of TD's. He will break some ankles and can score in many ways. 

There will be no in between for this guy. He'll either DJax the league and find a niche hitting HRs, or he'll flame out as just being another little, fast guy that was huge in college but got eaten alive in the Pros and becomes a special teamer.

19 hours ago, irish said:

There will be no in between for this guy. He'll either DJax the league and find a niche hitting HRs, or he'll flame out as just being another little, fast guy that was huge in college but got eaten alive in the Pros and becomes a special teamer.

I have to disagree here.  He may be slight in stature but he runs terrific routes and will most certainly not be an all-or-nothing deep threat like DJax.  He's more Marvin Harrison than DJax.  That said, I'm not saying he is going to be an ultra-stud HOFer like Harrison, but he shares many of the same traits.

He will get his catches.  I'm just not sure there will be a lot of TDs, especially in his rookie campaign.  Not with Hurts at QB.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, Docniner said:

Chase no doubt at the top. Then I'd say Devonta Smith has the better year of those listed. I do think however that Amon-Ra St.Brown is in a pretty good spot in Detroit. Lions will be playing from behind a lot and end up having to throw. That will benefit St.Brown. Forget Williams & Perriman, Amon-Ra will be their top receiver come season's end. Could he possibly be a darkhorse mini-Jefferson? Umm, we'll see.

I can get behind, this the Lions got to throw somewhere. Wouldnt be shocking to see him lead the pack. 

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

He will get his catches.  I'm just not sure there will be a lot of TDs, especially in his rookie campaign.  Not with Hurts at QB.

Agree. He'll be lucky if Hurts doesn't get him killed. 

Per PFF: Jalen Hurts lead all quarterbacks in uncatchable inaccurate throw percentage at 28.8%.

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. He'll be lucky if Hurts doesn't get him killed. 

Per PFF: Jalen Hurts lead all quarterbacks in uncatchable inaccurate throw percentage at 28.8%.

Yeah you have to think, though, that now that the playbook is all Hurts that they'll try to teach him to stop throwing all those low percentage passes.

Not saying he's gonna listen but i think this should get a bit better. I can't decide if the Eagles are gonna be sneakily better than we think.

2 hours ago, stethant said:

Yeah you have to think, though, that now that the playbook is all Hurts that they'll try to teach him to stop throwing all those low percentage passes.

Not saying he's gonna listen but i think this should get a bit better. I can't decide if the Eagles are gonna be sneakily better than we think.

I'll definitely give Hurts benefit of the doubt. Last year was rough all around. He had a crappy banged up o-line and pretty much no receiving corp. I'm also hoping that a new coach and system serve him well. 

Probably Chase & Smith the top 2 and I like Amon-Ra St. Brown to have a decent year. A.darkhorse I like out of this bunch is the Jets WR Elijah Moore. Rookie Wison will have his upside and downs but they to like the Lions could be playing from behind a lot. Jets will have a better season than the Lions and Elijah Moore could have a decent season.as well. Depends on how he performs in training camp but could be a darkhorse to finish as the Jets top receiver.