[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richard Sherman booked, being investigated for domestic violence case

League_Champion

6 minutes ago, Docniner said:

There goes his chances of getting a free agent contract with another team. What's wrong with these.idiots?

Seriously.  He comes across as being a pretty smart guy (hell, he went to Stanfurd), but also on the fiery side.  Sometimes ones' emotions get the best of them.  Not excusing what he did in any way, though.  There's gotta be more to this story.  Still... what a dumbazz.

2 hours ago, Docniner said:

There goes his chances of getting a free agent contract with another team. What's wrong with these.idiots?

He'll be perfect for the Cowboys now!

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I always thought he was one of the good guys. If true he's in a lot of trouble. 

I agree. He is very smart and I always liked to hear him interviewed. Seems out of character for him. He's a lock for the HOF. Sorry to see this black mark on him this late in his career..

20 hours ago, darin3 said:

Seriously.  He comes across as being a pretty smart guy (hell, he went to Stanfurd), but also on the fiery side.  Sometimes ones' emotions get the best of them.  Not excusing what he did in any way, though.  There's gotta be more to this story.  Still... what a dumbazz.

The 911 call from his wife indicates he was telling her he was going to kill himself. Parts of the reports indicate he was drunk, or possibly impaired in some other way. And talk of battling mental disorders. 

He is intelligent, but always sounded a bit unhinged to me when he got passionate about things. 

I was going to post something yesterday about Barkevious Mingo (trying to have sex with some boy in his hotel room) and some of the other recent craziness by NFL players (several arrested on various gun charges recently). Probably just the usual cases of a few bad apples spoiling it for everybody (they're no more or less likely to have legal trouble than any other 20 year old male). 

52 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The 911 call from his wife indicates he was telling her he was going to kill himself. Parts of the reports indicate he was drunk, or possibly impaired in some other way. And talk of battling mental disorders. 

He is intelligent, but always sounded a bit unhinged to me when he got passionate about things. 

I think this changes the tone of the situation a lot, meaning he was more of a threat to himself.

The Haskins story is bizarre. The story says they were married in March and were in Vegas with friends to celebrate and renew their vows. Who renews their vows 4 months after they were just married? Then they are celebrating and she beats the hell out of him. Sounds like this will be another short lived marriage

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It sounds like Mr and Mrs Haskins have a more exciting relationship than myself. I guess he is pressing charges? Can the police prosecute if he doesn't cooperate?  I don't know if he is or isn't, just curious. 

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-sherman-video-in-laws-house-doors-niners-seahawks-nfl-023028502.html

Typical.  Dude has been burnt his entire career and he just got burnt by a door.  Never could lower a shoulder and square up.   

Do you not remember when Sherman separated Fitz from the ball and some great physical play from Fitz vice versa?

I'm surprised to see you pop up on this thread coincidentally.  :unsure:

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He pleaded "not guilty" but he admitted to doing it

There are several arguments about mental stability (etc etc) that could still see him being found not guilty, even after him saying he did it

JVG

4 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

There are several arguments about mental stability (etc etc) that could still see him being found not guilty, even after him saying he did it

JVG

And as far as I know, Sherman didn't admit to being guilty of the charges, he released a statement claiming to be remorseful for his actions.  Those aren't contradictory actions from a legal perspective. No lawyer worth his salt is going to plead guilty.  My guess is that Sherman gets mental help and reaches some sort of plea deal with minor legal ramifications.  

I suppose there could be more of a retribution hammer, if he has past criminal convictions.  But I've never heard of him having any.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

My guess is that Sherman gets mental help and reaches some sort of plea deal with minor legal ramifications.  

I suppose there could be more of a retribution hammer, if he has past criminal convictions.  But I've never heard of him having any.

Agree, and I imagine that the Family just wants him to get the help that he needs. The driving and leaving the scene of an accident may be an issue though. 

On 7/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, BillyBalata said:

I don't think during covid it's all that uncommon for a couple to not want to wait to get married and do it without all the hoopla and then do that later when they are allowed to have a big gathering.

Yep that is what I was thinking. I've also known people to have a destination or cruise wedding, then have a reception back home with a larger group. But in either case referring to it as "renewing their vows" is probably a bit misleading.