[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft results - do you agree?

DMD

Here are the first four rounds of a draft from yesterday. 

What is your take on any of these:

Austin Ekeler - he went 2.08 here. I have seen him at like 1.08 huge variation on the guy this year.

David Montgomery - he was the #4 RB last year. He goes all over the place this year.

CeeDee Lamb - He has started going before Amari Cooper now, including by me in a recent draft. In this one, Cooper fell to 5.07 while Lamb was 4.02

Any other pick surprise?

1.1    RB    Christian McCaffrey
1.2    RB    Dalvin Cook
1.3    RB    Alvin Kamara
1.4    RB    Saquon Barkley
1.5    RB    Derrick Henry
1.6    RB    Ezekiel Elliott
1.7    RB    Jonathan Taylor
1.8    TE    Travis Kelce
1.9    RB    Nick Chubb
1.1    WR    Tyreek Hill
1.11    WR    Davante Adams
1.12    RB    Aaron Jones

2.1    RB    Cam Akers
2.2    RB    Joe Mixon
2.3    RB    Antonio Gibson
2.4    WR    DeAndre Hopkins
2.5    RB    Najee Harris
2.6    WR    Stefon Diggs
2.7    WR    Calvin Ridley
2.8    RB    Austin Ekeler
2.9    WR    A.J. Brown
2.1    WR    D.K. Metcalf
2.11    WR    Justin Jefferson
2.12    TE    Darren Waller

3.1    WR    Terry McLaurin
3.2    RB    Josh Jacobs
3.3    RB    Clyde Edwards-Helaire
3.4    RB    Chris Carson
3.5    WR    Michael Thomas
3.6    WR    Keenan Allen
3.7    QB    Patrick Mahomes
3.8    WR    Allen Robinson
3.9    RB    David Montgomery
3.1    RB    D'Andre Swift
3.11    WR    Robert Woods
3.12    WR    Mike Evans

4.1    RB    J.K. Dobbins
4.2    WR    CeeDee Lamb
4.3    RB    Miles Sanders
4.4    WR    Julio Jones
4.5    RB    Mike Davis
4.6    WR    Chris Godwin
4.7    TE    George Kittle
4.8    RB    Myles Gaskin
4.9    QB    Josh Allen
4.1    WR    Kenny Golladay
4.11    WR    Cooper Kupp
4.12    RB    Chase Edmonds

I like Swift more than a bunch of players taken before him. 

7 hours ago, The Grey Pilgrim said:

2 straight years of injuries for RB Barkley mean he is off my draft list, unless he falls a long way.  Pick 1.04 seems way too early to me.  And I'd take D Henry ahead of Barkley, even in a PPR league. 

At a minimum, I don't see how you can take Saquon at #4 when it's not currently clear that he's playing week 1. D' Andre Swift moving into the back half of round 3 - maybe coaching and RBBC possibilities are catching up with him.

George Kittle in the middle of the 4th seems quite low. I wonder when Kyle Pitts went and if Andrews went before him.

I just don't see how you can justify Mahomes in the 3rd round. Being "safe" just isn't worth that price to me and the owner didn't stack with Tyreek or Kelce.

9 minutes ago, stethant said:

George Kittle in the middle of the 4th seems quite low. I wonder when Kyle Pitts went and if Andrews went before him.

Kittle 4.07 (me), Pitts 6.10, Andrews 6.04 and Hockenson 6.03

On 7/15/2021 at 5:41 AM, millworkguy said:

Pick 2.01 versus pick 4.01,  seeing 2 full rounds between them is shocking. 

Player A : 145 carries 635 yards 2 td 11 rec

Player B - 134 carries 805 yards 9 td 18 rec

Player A is a very expensive rb2 imo

Not that surprising really. Gus Edwards and especially Lamar steal a lot of opportunities and scoring from Dobbins. The way they used Akers the end of last season shows they intend to make him their workhorse back. 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

Not that surprising really. Gus Edwards and especially Lamar steal a lot of opportunities and scoring from Dobbins. The way they used Akers the end of last season shows they intend to make him their workhorse back. 

Yes, but dobbins had more yards on less carries, 4 times the number of TDs and more receptions.   If I can get dobbins at 4.01 as my rb2, I want a top tier wr at 2.01 not my 1st rb2

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

Yes, but dobbins had more yards on less carries, 4 times the number of TDs and more receptions.   If I can get dobbins at 4.01 as my rb2, I want a top tier wr at 2.01 not my 1st rb2

I think the expectation is that Akers will be an RB1 and not a RB2. I can see the argument for it, not sure if I agree, but there's a legitimate chance it can happen.

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

I hear you on that, I thought you were just comparing the 2 backs based on where they were picked. If you are just questioning Akers going 2.1 I totally get that. I think he’s going way too high too. But if Akers and Dobbins were going around the same spot I’d take the chance on Akers every time 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I hear you on that, I thought you were just comparing the 2 backs based on where they were picked. If you are just questioning Akers going 2.1 I totally get that. I think he’s going way too high too. But if Akers and Dobbins were going around the same spot I’d take the chance on Akers every time 

Yes I think akers is WAY too high, even looking at their last 5 games (ppr)

Dobbins : 83 points 

Akers : 68 points 

And that's 5 games (not 5 weeks where akers missed week 17)

On 7/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, The Grey Pilgrim said:

2 straight years of injuries for RB Barkley mean he is off my draft list, unless he falls a long way.  Pick 1.04 seems way too early to me.  And I'd take D Henry ahead of Barkley, even in a PPR league. 

I took Barkley at 1.5 in a recent best ball draft, but that was before the buzz about him possibly being iffy for start of the season.  I would go in a different direction at 1.5 now.  But, I still would be hesitant on Henry in PPR.  Henry essentially needs to repeat his phenomenal workhorse year to justify his position.  I expect Darrynton Evans to get a substantial uptick in usage and diminish Henry's moderate 2020 receiving value, at a minimum.  I don't want to rely on a RB averaging 1 TD per game at that ADP.   The 300 plus carries in back to back seasons also represents some concern/red flags. 

A guy like Barkley has a better chance at putting up Tier 1 elite PPR numbers, albeit the injury floor is certainly real.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

5 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Yes I think akers is WAY too high, even looking at their last 5 games (ppr)

Dobbins : 83 points 

Akers : 68 points 

And that's 5 games (not 5 weeks where akers missed week 17)

I have taken Akers in the 1st round this year in some drafts.

Akers got hurt last year near the end of the season.  JK deals with both Lamar and Gus stealing touches. 

9 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I guess I should read all the posts before posting !

Just to add, it's not like the Rams stayed static either. Stafford with all his faults is still an improvement for that offense.  Should help open up running lanes and give extra pass looks to the backs.  I admit the line is still a concern for me though. 

The more I am playing these days the more I may get behind a zero RB approach. I can't tell if it is my imagination or not but it seems like a lot of teams are moving to a committee approach at RB (ex: LV picks up Drake when they have Josh Jacobs). Even guys with a somewhat assured time share, like Mixon, have a lot of injury risk. I am not keen on Mixon at 14 when I fully expect he'll be injured this year and miss multiple weeks. I would much prefer Gibson. It would really help to know what Rodgers is doing as that affects everybody on that offense, everyone takes a sizable hit. 

Edited by purplemonster