[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft results - do you agree?

DMD

On 7/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Chief Dick said:

As long as you draft the guys who score the most points you should be good. 

Chief, your as sharp as a watermelon....

On 5/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, LordOpie said:

I can see three playoff teams from afc north

Buf, ten, kc, those three and who?

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

1 guy in 1 of my leagues mass offered akers about 10 minutes ago, I turned down akers for a 22 1st, another guy just accepted akers for d.j. moore

Saw that.  Wonder if the guy hadn't heard the Akers news and just hit accept as soon as he saw the deal.

13 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Saw that.  Wonder if the guy hadn't heard the Akers news and just hit accept as soon as he saw the deal.

As there has been nothing in the groupme or message board I'm not sure what to think of the guy who hit accept.

I do know the owner who traded him is up on his football news and a very active owner. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I don't think Akers will be going first or second round now.

Hearing torn achilles.

I'll never understand drafting this early. We draft as late as possible, has been the day after Labor Day for probably last 15-20 years, maybe a week or two before that at the earliest, well into pre-season. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'll never understand drafting this early. We draft as late as possible, has been the day after Labor Day for probably last 15-20 years, maybe a week or two before that at the earliest, well into pre-season. 

I do a number of low cost best ball slow drafts early.  It's entertaining, no commitment after the draft, and great practice for high stakes leagues. I do a 'bare knuckles' draft on Thursday night after season opener.  28 best ball rounds; no computers or cell phones; all picks by memory.  The numerous slow drafts in the summer are key to making our team profitable at that event.  

In the middle of a slow best ball FFPC Pros vs Joe's draft right now;  6 'Joe's' and 6 fantasy football writers.  Free league and overall winner gets a free entry into 2022 FFPC main event.  

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

I do a number of low cost best ball slow drafts early.  It's entertaining, no commitment after the draft, and great practice for high stakes leagues. I do a 'bare knuckles' draft on Thursday night after season opener.  28 best ball rounds; no computers or cell phones; all picks by memory.  The numerous slow drafts in the summer are key to making our team profitable at that event.  

In the middle of a slow best ball FFPC Pros vs Joe's draft right now;  6 'Joe's' and 6 fantasy football writers.  Free league and overall winner gets a free entry into 2022 FFPC main event.  

I play in one long time local league, I'm not as into FF as some here are, who play in a many leagues or do drafts for fun. 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I play in one long time local league, I'm not as into FF as some here are, who play in a many leagues or do drafts for fun. 

I would recommend giving a Best Ball league a try. You draft and that's it. I didn't get into it until I joined the free one from @DMD a few years ago and I have to say it's quite fun playing against people on these boards. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 2:11 PM, stevegrab said:

Hard for me to do 100 drafts in the final weekend though I do give it my best effort (I usually do about 50 drafts in the final 2 weeks since I take vacation from work to do this)

Edited by Henry Muto

On 7/20/2021 at 8:45 PM, millworkguy said:

@Henry Muto how many redraft leagues did you draft akers in?  I know your high on him.

Drafted Akers on 7 of my 44 drafts I have done so far plus 1 dynasty giving me 8 teams.  Pretty brutal not to mention losing him in DAF defending the ship just became that much harder in DAF.

I basically feel like I can throw those 7 teams away.

Edited by Henry Muto

I will concede that there are benefits to drafting early for some. If you are good at pre-judging players and their production, do your homework and have good instincts then you gain an advantage by drafting early one would think. I would assume that benefits the more casual leagues more than top dollar ones where the guys are more prepared. But I top out at like $250, so don't really know.