[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Akers out for 2021

Shaft

And this is why you don't have drafts early. Adrian Peterson?

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Drafted Xavier Jones with the final pick in our rookie/free agent draft immediately after the NFL draft.

50 TDs (rushing, receiving and even passed for 2) in college. Tied former Rams great Eric Dickerson's TD rush/receive record at SMU.

Outstanding highlight film since, you know... everything is a TD. Diving over the top, up the middle, run outside, passing, receiving, juke the entire 11 man defense. He has a highlight for all.

Not invited to the Combine last year. UDFA made the team even with a COVID affected non-off-season. 

Wishful thinking, I'm sure!

Bell or Peterson? Maybe. Gurley after the contract fiasco and they know his medicals... nope.

Edited by Riffraff
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, irish said:

And this is why you don't have drafts early. Adrian Peterson?

No, this is just a calculated risk that is greater earlier in the offseason. Since I do a whole lot of best balls through FFPC, I enjoy doing some drafts early (as in now), and some closer to training camp and then to the start of the season.

If I only played in one or two leagues, then yes, closer to the start of the season would be preferred.

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

No, this is just a calculated risk that is greater earlier in the offseason. Since I do a whole lot of best balls through FFPC, I enjoy doing some drafts early (as in now), and some closer to training camp and then to the start of the season.

If I only played in one or two leagues, then yes, closer to the start of the season would be preferred.

Right, completely agreed. I'm just stating my 2 cents, in that, if I'm paying (especially big money) to be in a league/ leagues, there's no way in hell I'd be wanting to be saddled with losing my 2nd round pick before preseason games have even started. 

But I do understand the fun, challenge and intrigue in drafting early, especially nabbing guys in later rounds that end up having top end of the draft production when all is said and done. 

3 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Or is Henderson the reason why you DO do drafts early.

It works both ways.

Exactly, which is what I meant when I stated this above - 

But I do understand the fun, challenge and intrigue in drafting early, especially nabbing guys in later rounds that end up having top end of the draft production when all is said and done. 

Henderson or Xavier Jones could be guys like that.  Those types of leagues are for the shrewd owners, the sharks of the fantasy world. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Then you're perfect! ;)

You speak nothing but the truth. Agreed

• Haha 1

I understand not wanting to do a local league early.  I do both my local redraft leagues on Labor Day weekend.  I have done this since 1990 and I wouldn't want those leagues early because of this kind of stuff.

Now as far as high stakes leagues I want to draft early, I want to draft in the middle and I want to draft right before the season.  I want to take that chance I might get lucky and get value on guys who move way up the board because of hype ala last year I got CEH in the 7th round of an April draft (pre NFL draft) then he moved to round 2/3 then he moved to round 1 after D Will opted out.  I had a 1st round pick in the 7th of course he ended up being worth about a 7th round pick.

I have already drafted about 40 teams and 7 of them had Akers so that blows.  When your doing 100 leagues you take those risks.

All this said pretty much every one of my teams that have had the best finishes have been teams I have drafted after the 3rd preseason game from 1-7 days before that fist open day Thursday game.

2012 I had an NFFC team finish 1st and 4th overall both drafts happened within 3 days of that opening game.  Monday for the Championship team and Tuesday for the 4th place team.  Pretty nuts to think I drafted those teams on back to back days.

2014 My RTS team that finished 1st overall drafted 6 days before that opening game on a Friday.

2014 I had another RTS finish 11th overall without a 1st round pick (Had AP for 1 game then he got suspended for season) I drafted this team the next day the Saturday 5 days before opening day.

2015 My RTS team that almost won it all (damn you AJ Green 1 more catch!) I drafted on Sunday 4 days before opening day.

2017 I had an FFPC team that was in the top 20 overall going into the final week I drafted that team on Tuesday 2 days before opening day.

2020 My main event team that finished #1 in the regular season I drafted on the Friday the day after the opening game.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He's not worth any money frankly.  He's toast.

You may be right. I think with limited touches he still may have some value to a team. He had no trouble finding the end zone last season but with this injury he can deteriorate quickly. I'd still be shocked if he didn't end up somewhere

I sense that Gurley did not leave on the best of terms - I think the Rams had to still pay him $20 million in dead money from the bum deal they signed. No way they will take him back IMO.

4 minutes ago, DMD said:

I sense that Gurley did not leave on the best of terms - I think the Rams had to still pay him $20 million in dead money from the bum deal they signed. No way they will take him back IMO.

Maybe they do and tell him they already paid him. 

2 hours ago, DMD said:

2021 Deadcap - Rams are paying him $8.4mil to -not- play for them

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/todd-gurley-16734/