[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing

Chief Dick

Love fishing but my experience is limited. I've really just done minimal ocean fishing - stripers, blues, fluke, snapper. But mostly in lakes for large and small mouth. 

My family’s cabin is on a lake with walleye, northern, panfish, bass, and crappies. Low boat traffic most of the year and the fishing is pretty good to great. Even on slow days I’d rather be in the boat drowning a worm than doing anything else. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, loaf said:

I live right on, and I mean right on Lake Erie and have never fished. 

01F0A043-B16F-4958-A616-561B37B86E8F.jpg

Wow, that's incredible!  Both the view and never having fished when you can spit into the lake. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I like to eat fish.  Have a friend who likes to fish but doesn't really like to eat fish.  :shrug: 

As a kid I was fishing a few times but never really got into it, too busy tossing my guts over the railing  :) 

Most of what I fish for is catch and release. Every now and then I'll keep some Cobia, grouper or Reds. I've been fishing my whole life and still get sick sometimes. It happens. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Most of what I fish for is catch and release. Every now and then I'll keep some Cobia, grouper or Reds. I've been fishing my whole life and still get sick sometimes. It happens. 

21 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I like to eat fish.  Have a friend who likes to fish but doesn't really like to eat fish.  :shrug: 

As a kid I was fishing a few times but never really got into it, too busy tossing my guts over the railing  :) 

When fishing on a boat, I only get sick when I'm inside the cabin and have a view of the edge of the boat and the horizon. If I'm outside on deck, I've never gotten sick, no matter how choppy the water is. 

17 minutes ago, irish said:

When fishing on a boat, I only get sick when I'm inside the cabin and have a view of the edge of the boat and the horizon. If I'm outside on deck, I've never gotten sick, no matter how choppy the water is. 

I think it was just one of those things in my childhood, we'd often get car sick too. I haven't been on a boat much in a while, rough waters on the ocean were the worst for me. Took a boat to Catalina island from Los Angeles, and had to spend most of the time on lower deck where it didn't move much (2nd and 3rd floor of the old big boat had lots of movement). I went out with my brother on his pontoon boat on the lake in their retirement community, no problems, also did some kayak on the lake. 

One of my motorcycling friends used to get motion sickness, nearly barfed in his helmet on one ride. I was shocked to find out, considering how many hilly/twisty roads we ride.

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Most of the fishing I do these days is inshore. Reds, specks, flounder. Sometimes I'll get into some white trout and have a fish fry.

Here's the last red I caught. I usually don't keep the bulls, but this one had a lure caught in his throat and he would have never survived. 

2017-09-15_08-21-18.thumb.jpg.fa953b7c9110121bf9d55ef1bb3cf902.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Most of the fishing I do these days is inshore. Reds, specks, flounder. Sometimes I'll get into some white trout and have a fish fry.

Here's the last red I caught. I usually don't keep the bulls, but this one had a lure caught in his throat and he would have never survived. 

2017-09-15_08-21-18.thumb.jpg.fa953b7c9110121bf9d55ef1bb3cf902.jpg

Very nice!! Now that's a view. I'm the same, I rarely go far offshore. I have more fun in the inlet. 

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Are you noticing a lot more sharks where you're at this season? We've been catching consistent 8-10 footers inshore, offshore from the beach, etc. They are just everywhere. Perhaps it's the water temp. 

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Are you noticing a lot more sharks where you're at this season? We've been catching consistent 8-10 footers inshore, offshore from the beach, etc. They are just everywhere. Perhaps it's the water temp. 

I haven't been a lot this summer,  but there have definitely been a lot of reports,  especially from the waders.