Sign in to follow this  
Picard Jr.

It's time. Goodbye CBS......

I've been paying CBSsports the obscene amount of $150/year for the past 10 years to host my league.  This year, all of a sudden our 2020 playoff bracket and history are gone.  CBS says they can't fix it and says the data is gone.  I've been wanting to switch but the history is what kept me there.  Now that this happened, it's time.....

I'm looking for another fantasy football host site.  The problem has always been that my league is an auction league, 3 keeper league for up to 3 contract years per keeper.  CBS did a great job of keeping track of that stuff so I wouldn't have to do it on paper. 

So, I need a host site that allows enough customization to at least be able to track the number of years a player has been kept.

I've looked at MyFantasyLeague, but I gotta tell you.....that thing is ugly.  Looks like something out of the 90's and I might need to get a programming degree to figure it out. 

So with all that being said, does anyone have any recommendations to host sites that will track what I mentioned above????

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance....

Picard

Edited by Picard Jr.

I understand the history but christ, for $150 per season, it was never worth staying with them!  So many other cheaper or even free options out there. 

Even though the circumstances for why it happened, sucked, I'm happy for you and your leaguemates for the money you'll save and be able to put into the winnings now. 

40 minutes ago, irish said:

I understand the history but christ, for $150 per season, it was never worth staying with them!  So many other cheaper or even free options out there. 

Even though the circumstances for why it happened, sucked, I'm happy for you and your leaguemates for the money you'll save and be able to put into the winnings now. 

Any recommendations on a host site that will do what I need?  NFL doesn't have that functionality and from what I can tell, neither does ESPN.  Also, while I love the Yahoo interface, it doesn't seem to have the ability to track "contract years" which is something we need because we are able to "keep" players for up to 3 years....

We left CBS over 10 years ago because their fees were so outrageous. You should just use MFL.

Only reason my league stays with CBS is due to keeping history.  We have been using them for almost 20 years.  150 bucks is split 10 ways so it's not a big deal for that part.  I do agree that there are better options out there.   If we were to lose our data, I would recommend the league to go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Picard Jr. said:

Any recommendations on a host site that will do what I need?  NFL doesn't have that functionality and from what I can tell, neither does ESPN.  Also, while I love the Yahoo interface, it doesn't seem to have the ability to track "contract years" which is something we need because we are able to "keep" players for up to 3 years....

The fellas got on it below. I used MFL or Myfantasyleague.com for all the leagues I ran years ago. The most customizable site and half the cost of CBS.

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Mfl can do auctions, and they have spots where you can add notes such as keeper 

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

We left CBS over 10 years ago because their fees were so outrageous. You should just use MFL.

17 hours ago, Picard Jr. said:

I've been paying CBSsports the obscene amount of $150/year for the past 10 years to host my league.  This year, all of a sudden our 2020 playoff bracket and history are gone.  CBS says they can't fix it and says the data is gone.  I've been wanting to switch but the history is what kept me there.  Now that this happened, it's time.....

I'm looking for another fantasy football host site.  The problem has always been that my league is an auction league, 3 keeper league for up to 3 contract years per keeper.  CBS did a great job of keeping track of that stuff so I wouldn't have to do it on paper. 

So, I need a host site that allows enough customization to at least be able to track the number of years a player has been kept.

I've looked at MyFantasyLeague, but I gotta tell you.....that thing is ugly.  Looks like something out of the 90's and I might need to get a programming degree to figure it out. 

So with all that being said, does anyone have any recommendations to host sites that will track what I mentioned above????

Thanks in advance....

Picard

Try RealTimeSports ..... 

Edited by Bakerboy
wrong area

I've had an auction  salary cap league on MFL for the last 20 years. We have history going back to 2001.

My league's used CBS since 2006, paying $100 per owner per season. We've discussed switching. After so long w/CBS, I've noticed that despite cosmetic changes to the site's appearance, they only offer access to "exclusive" info for an increased price. I've said it would be great if I could hover the mouse over a player's name and a pop up would say whether the player was owned. But no, I have to click on the name. I know, not a big deal but CBS would be better by changing small things like that. Their draft room has stayed the same since 2006. Same window sizes, same chat size, no new colors or modern touches. They changed the main chat on the site's home to a smaller window. It feels like I'm in a closet and there's no room to type. I would also boot all their experts.

Save your money. Also, if you're serious about switching, do it now. It will take time to get everyone on board, and ffb is coming soon.

Edited by grid_lock

I'll 4th, or 5th MFL - it's completely customizable so you can make the display, etc. are simple or complex as you want, and it handles cap, contracts, auction, etc. perfectly fine.

Bonus is that it can import history from other sites - I personally have not done this so I can't speak to all that you can get, but if league history is important, it's definitely a feature you would like/want

On 7/21/2021 at 9:55 PM, indyrckstar said:

Only reason my league stays with CBS is due to keeping history.  We have been using them for almost 20 years.  150 bucks is split 10 ways so it's not a big deal for that part.  I do agree that there are better options out there.   If we were to lose our data, I would recommend the league to go elsewhere.

Same here, split 12 ways its no big deal. We (the other commissioner and I) like that it has all the history, does what we need, and generally doesn't change frequently in ways that make running the league each year (close to 25 now we started doing it manually from a newspaper).  If we lost all our history we might also consider moving, we've already paid for this season to get the discount. 

There are many choices and many opinions. Some people love Bose, Apple products and Harleys, I consider them overpriced and inferior. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, Picard Jr. said:

Thanks in advance....

Picard

Love RTSports as a host site.  I moved my 3 Keeper leagues to RTS from Yahoo.  Never looked back in the rear view mirror.

Did the early deal with cbs this year and got the league renewed for 90 bucks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whomper said:

Did the early deal with cbs this year and got the league renewed for 90 bucks 

Still overpaying, no?  Why not just move it over and pay less?

17 hours ago, irish said:

Still overpaying, no?  Why not just move it over and pay less?

Probably because they like it, and don't mind the little bit of extra $ split by 10-12 owners. 

Why do we have these questions every time the discussion comes up. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Probably because they like it, and don't mind the little bit of extra $ split by 10-12 owners. 

Why do we have these questions every time the discussion comes up. 

Curiosity.  It could also be that the owners are all older and are familiar with CBS and don't want to deal with change. 

You know they have therapy for the things that bother you. Life changing really. 

MFL

Is complicated at times but have never had an issue with them.