[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forfeited games

Finn5033

Sounds like there is a real chance of forfeited games this year. Might just be tough talk to get everybody vaccinated but if you read this article it sounds like they aren’t going to bend over backwards to move games to Tuesday and Wednesday again because of COVID issues. They are saying if a game is cancelled because of an outbreak from unvaccinated players they are going to hold that team financially accountable as well. And if an outbreak from unvaccinated players causes missed games all player don’t get paychecks. Thats a good way to cause issues in the clubhouse

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31863308/nfl-warning-teams-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-lead-forfeited-games

Edited by Finn5033

2 hours ago, Big John said:

The NFLPA is apparently OK with this.

I continue to be amazed by their lack of backbone .  Although if teams follow the protocols, outbreaks shouldn't happen.   Now that fans are back in the stands it's not as easy to just move a game.   This is likely just more of a shot at the couple of teams that had several problems last year, and notice that it's 1 strike and you're out this season. 

11 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Hopkins and all other unvaccinated players its NOT all about you . Its the right thing to do in these uncertain times  GET THE SHOT 

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Why does Roger Goodell hate America?

5 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Hopkins and all other unvaccinated players its NOT all about you . Its the right thing to do in these uncertain times  GET THE SHOT 

Don't make your brother sick..... or your mother 

48 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Don't make your brother sick..... or your mother 

I was being sarcastic and facetious. 🤪

Almost lost my MIL to it, FIL has long term lung 'stuff.'  They were down and out for a good 2 months.  

I have no problem with free market policies that protect financial interests.  The NFL could legally mandate vaccination policy.  They are setting up potential consequences for personal decisions.  The decision to get the shot is personal, but the ramifications aren't: on a wide spectrum.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I was being sarcastic and facetious. 🤪

Almost lost my MIL to it, FIL has long term lung 'stuff.'  They were down and out for a good 2 months.  

I have no problem with free market policies that protect financial interests.  The NFL could legally mandate vaccination policy.  They are setting up potential consequences for personal decisions.  The decision to get the shot is personal, but the ramifications aren't: on a wide spectrum.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I hear ya. I just think its a no brainer for real

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. It was a lot easier to move games around last year when there were no fans in attendance. My thought is they may go as far as forfeiting a game the first time this comes up just to really drive home their point.

15 hours ago, Big John said:

The NFLPA is apparently OK with this.

That is really all that matters, they are the ones impacted, they are the employees. Other jobs have required vaccines, attending some events requires them. For decades every child attending school has been required to get certain vaccines. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

There's too much money on the line. They'll throw the practice squad out there before they forfeit a game. 

I tend to think so too, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they sacrificed one game to make a point

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

image.png.1130c28ee0f7587a75c075acdc34a549.png

I wonder if he'd be saying that if he hadn't already made $85 million playing in the league? 

OMG  just read the post with follow up tweet, that was quick, guess he realized there is another $65million on his current contract that he is likely to make unless he retires before 2024. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. It was a lot easier to move games around last year when there were no fans in attendance. My thought is they may go as far as forfeiting a game the first time this comes up just to really drive home their point.

Fewer fans, not no fans, many teams had limited fans attending games by the middle of the season. Fewer than half the teams had no fans for any home game. 

I agree that having few or no fans made some of these schedule changes easier, but let's not bend the truth when it isn't needed. Besides the NFL has long ago reminded fans attending games that they are a secondary concern when it comes to scheduling, the growth of flex scheduling is proof of that. If you're traveling and spending money to see an NFL game better make sure it isn't one that could be moved to another time, or even another day.