[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well this sucks (Michael Thomas news)

Dcat

NFL network reporter Ian Rapoport is reporting Saints receiver Michael Thomas is expected to miss the start of the 2021 season after undergoing surgery to repair the ligaments in his ankle in June. Based on the timing of the surgery, and recommended four months of recovery, Thomas could be on the sideline for weeks.

This reminds me of when Kansas City had Tyler Thigpen, Dwayne Bowe, and Tony Gonzalez. Dwayne Bowe and Gonzalez. I can’t remember their running back at the moment. Anyways, Bowe and Gonzalez were getting 85% of targets and Thigpen was a top 10 QB. I could see Taysom Hill Kamara, Trautman, and either Tre’Quan or Marquize filling these rolls.This might sound crazy, but I like it.

Today in Best Ball drafts Donovan Peoples Jones went two rounds ahead where he normally does. Still around 15th round. Anyways, I just saw Saints might try to trade for a Brown’s receiver. Higgins or People’s Jones seems most likely. Anyone else picking up any info on People’s Jones. He’s a helluva sleeper.

With Michael Thomas out for  a month, two months, whatever... I wonder if that doesn't swing the QB choice more back to Taysom Hill who runs better than he throws? Why favor Winston if there are no receivers other than marginal, unproven ones? Not any pedigree in any of the others, not even TE, but certainly opportunity can surprise with some guys. Thomas out mostly makes me feel less sure that Winston takes a lion's share and that Hill may become the more heavily used.

1 minute ago, DMD said:

With Michael Thomas out for  a month, two months, whatever... I wonder if that doesn't swing the QB choice more back to Taysom Hill who runs better than he throws? Why favor Winston if there are no receivers other than marginal, unproven ones? Not any pedigree in any of the others, not even TE, but certainly opportunity can surprise with some guys. Thomas out mostly makes me feel less sure that Winston takes a lion's share and that Hill may become the more heavily used.

Agreed, keep the turnover machine without top tier weapons on the sidelines and the gadget guy who uses his legs more in the game. 

4 hours ago, DMD said:

While i tend to agree with you....2 years ago the Winston/Perriman combo won me some money. Other then that year Perriman has been a flop. Adam Humphries had a couple decent PPR seasons with Winston, some eckpurts thought he could be the next welker/edleman. went back to a dud without him. probably not great examples, but you never know...

Edited by BillyBalata

20 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Athletes get weekend and summer vacation too!  Did you expect him to rehab on his time off

Most of us don't get months off during the year. And plenty of people use their paid time off to rehab after various surgeries, my sister did that with both knee replacements. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

Most of us don't get months off during the year. And plenty of people use their paid time off to rehab after various surgeries, my sister did that with both knee replacements. 

yeah i know, other then those pesky teachers...

Just now, stevegrab said:

why are they pesky?

because they get so much time off, and try to convince the rest of us they are actually working 2000 hours during the school year.  I have yet to see the school librarian (a teacher) working evenings or weekends, same as the Jk Sk grade 1 teachers.  By the time you get to the other grades, sure i get it, but the 1st 3-5 years not so much.

I have other reasons and examples, but not the place for it

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

because they get so much time off, and try to convince the rest of us they are actually working 2000 hours during the school year.  I have yet to see the school librarian (a teacher) working evenings or weekends, same as the Jk Sk grade 1 teachers.  By the time you get to the other grades, sure i get it, but the 1st 3-5 years not so much.

I have other reasons and examples, but not the place for it

OK, was trying to make sure you were not implying that was my viewpoint. 

Correct, not the place for it, so you probably shouldn't have gone there to start with.

Made two trades in the dynasty league after our season ended - Cam Akers and Michael Thomas.   Safe to say this season is not looking good for me. 

I'm a bit worried about  Thomas.  

Being a huge Buckeye fan and Michael Thomas fan. This is very difficult to say.  I think he is a big sell in Dynasty/Keeper. The Saints are going to have to rethink some of their offensive plans for 2021. Hill or Winston? Now that the alpha wr is gone can Tre'Quan Smith pick up the slack? Marquez Callaway? Will they go Hill for the value of 11 on 11 football. 

I broke my fibula and tore some ligaments on July 3rd and had a long discussion on my first consultation with my orthopedic surgeon on the deltoid ligament due to he was concerned I might have damaged mine(I did not thank god). The recovery time for Thomas could be longer than what is being reported.  I did a video about Thomas on my youtube channel going over my thoughts on the whole situation.  I hope he returns better than ever. I have my doubts.

https://youtu.be/p8vL0cUd5Nw

This is my fault.  In my dynasty league I traded him away for Thielen a few years ago, at which point MT began dominating.  Then, I traded Evans away to get Thomas back for 2021.  So, my guess is now Evans will have his best year ever.