[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports books reportedly brace for an Aaron Rodgers retirement

League_Champion

There is a lot of uncertainty, it could simply be a prudent move by the sports books until they know more. Doesn't mean they KNOW what is going to happen. 

If you follow fantasy football (or the NFL even) you know that Rodgers may not play for the Packers this year, and that would significantly impact the rest of their offense. People can plan accordingly, and it will probably be known in plenty of time for most leagues. 

PS  We also don't really need a new thread for this, could have been added to the existing discussion about Rodgers future. 

On 7/24/2021 at 7:57 PM, League_Champion said:

I guess content is a bad thing on a forum???? 

I think this is a good topic.  When Vegas talks people listen like back in the day with "EF Hutton" if you are old enough you will get that reference.

I did a video on this subject a couple of days ago.  Check it out if you like. https://youtu.be/bP-LRAdvank

10 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

I think this is a good topic.  When Vegas talks people listen like back in the day with "EF Hutton" if you are old enough you will get that reference.

I did a video on this subject a couple of days ago.  Check it out if you like. https://youtu.be/bP-LRAdvank

Creative way to plug your YouTube channel. At least you provide some content along with it.  I wouldn't overplay it though. 😉

53 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Creative way to plug your YouTube channel. At least you provide some content along with it.  I wouldn't overplay it though. 😉

I'm small-time and not trying to plug anything I hope people enjoy the content but gain nothing from people viewing my channel or not. I have no one supporting my channel.  People can check it out or not. I do videos for fun and right now I'm doing videos to kill time. I'm off work due to breaking my fibula and tearing ligaments in my ankle. A lot like Michael Thomas. Not the deltoid thank god but still.  Trust me when I say when I'm back to work the content on my channel will slow down. What I do for a living is high stress and very busy.

Edited by osubuckeyeman36
  • Like 1

I know Vegas is more right than wrong. I love making my own decisions on lineups but there are times when I will check the Vegas lines to see the over/under to help decided between even players. Vegas line setters' only job is to make a profit for their book. They are responsible for doing their best to tempt you and yet have you lose. The money is a ridiculous amount week to week. Paying attention to Vegas is a pretty good tool. I have found they are more right than wrong and Vegas makes it their business to get details that do affect outcomes.

1 hour ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

I'm small-time and not trying to plug anything I hope people enjoy the content but gain nothing from people viewing my channel or not. I have no one supporting my channel. 

Nothing against the little guy trying to scratch the surface, but USA Today Sports (theHuddle's momma) may prefer to sell you advertising space.

User Agreement may have more info about it when we all signed up. Don't be surprised or upset if your links get eliminated or altered.

Edited by Riffraff
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Welcome and heal fast!

Thank you. I appreciate that. The pain has subsided mostly. The boredom and having to pretty much stay still for hours has proven to be a challenge. Only so much Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime you can watch. I'll have more of a timeline this week. I have never been so excited to see a doctor (Orthopedic Surgeon).  Of course, I'm going to bug him about Michael Thomas. I won't really. I might mention him and see if he bites. He is a football fan from what I can tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riffraff said:

Nothing against the little guy trying to scratch the surface, but USA Today Sports (theHuddle's momma) may prefer to sell you advertising space.

User Agreement may have more info about it when we all signed up. Don't be surprised or upset if your links get eliminated or altered.

Trust me. I will not.

I have been encouraged by some really good people in the football world to continue doing what I'm doing and to enjoy myself. I'm taking their advice. I have other platforms to entertain people. I hope thehuddle lets me do my thing. If not then I'm okay with that. I won't have any hard feelings. Like I said it's for fun.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I think he is building suspense. Rodgers seems to really be enjoying himself.

43 minutes ago, Big John said:

Rappaport is now saying that Rodgers has told some teammates that he will report.

I guess we'll find out for sure in less than 48 hours. 

Rodgers is a drama queen, but Packers management had played a major role in all of this as well. Like people have said a team with a real owner would have told the top team management to make it work. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I guess we'll find out for sure in less than 48 hours. 

Rodgers is a drama queen, but Packers management had played a major role in all of this as well. Like people have said a team with a real owner would have told the top team management to make it work. 

Agree 💯 Steve. He caused all of this drama, not management. Why not state your true intent and stick to it? He loves this crap. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree 💯 Steve. He caused all of this drama, not management. Why not state your true intent and stick to it? He loves this crap. 

No Rodgers did not cause all this drama, those idiots running the team wasted a high draft pick on a QB, instead of adding players that would actually help them win now.  

Just now, LordOpie said:

That would be great insights

We did have a long discussion on the deltoid ligament because he wanted to cover that with me in case I had done significant damage to it. This was of course before my surgery and during my first consultation. The news on Thomas's surgery had not broke yet. He did tell me that any damage to the deltoid though would be automatic surgery for me 100%. He went into full detail about the importance of the deltoid and because it's the biggest ligament from the ankle to the back big bone of your foot. (sorry for the layman's description) that any damage there would be considered an unstable ankle if you don't have surgery you will have serious issues later. We got the x-rays back and I had a clean fracture higher up the fibula with no displacement (good news). BUT because it was higher up that there was no doubt strain and torn ligaments but highly unlikely that I damaged the deltoid. It was classified as a Webber C fracture(unstable ankle). Pretty much every Webber C fracture needs surgery. He also told me that it was incredibly important to have surgery within 2 weeks and also as important to make sure I did not put weight on my foot for 6-8 weeks. I go in on Thursday just to have my incision checked. (gross) Sure that is not going to be pretty.

I bring this all up because for Michael Thomas to be rehabbing on an unstable ankle seems almost impossible but it is possible he might have damaged his deltoid while trying to rehab his nagging high ankle sprain. (I'm no doctor)  Not to be gross but I can still feel like popping in my foot like cracking of knuckles when my foot moves or I accidentally bear weight on it (ligaments/joints). Michael Thomas could be out a very long time or not who knows. He will have the best money can buy as far as medical treatment and rehab. I can say there are just so many ligaments and joints in the foot and ankle that issues such as reinjury just seem like a high probability or risky at best. I hope they really take their time making sure it heals properly or he is going to be under the knife again. I'm being super careful and doing everything my orthopedic is telling me to do for that reason alone.  He told me everyone is different. I could be rehabbing in 6-8 weeks. If I have the plate and screws removed it will increase the expectation of another 6-8 weeks. I think the 12-16 weeks we are starting to hear about his recovery time could be because of the same issue. (hardware) I would love to know exactly what surgery he had.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

No Rodgers did not cause all this drama, those idiots running the team wasted a high draft pick on a QB, instead of adding players that would actually help them win now.  

In that regard, yes but Aaron kept this circus alive by acting like a scorned little bitch. Are you saying that he's handled this like a professional? To me he looks like a deuche. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

In that regard, yes but Aaron kept this circus alive by acting like a scorned little bitch. Are you saying that he's handled this like a professional? To me he looks like a deuche. 

I thought ARod was in the right to begin with, but his yapping in the media over the last month or two seems unnecessary and childish, for a grown ass man.

Packers management tucked their sack and moved on, which was the right call for the organization. Now if anyone can explain the clearly totally wasted Jordan Love pick, I'm all ears.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stethant said:

I thought ARod was in the right to begin with, but his yapping in the media over the last month or two seems unnecessary and childish, for a grown ass man.

Packers management tucked their sack and moved on, which was the right call for the organization. Now if anyone can explain the clearly totally wasted Jordan Love pick, I'm all ears.

I like it