[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randall Cobb to Green Bay? (Rumor)

osubuckeyeman36

Trey Wingo reporting that Aaron Rodger's returning to Green Bay rides on the Packers trading for former teammate Randall Cobb. Houston has Cobb under contract for 2 more seasons. 

I guess this is one of the show me you really want me back demands? 

• Like 1

Cobb was great with the Pack.  Reliable option that A-Rod trusted in certain situations.  Cobb may be in his twilight years football-wise, but he's still light years ahead of what Rodgers had to work with last year.  MVS and Lazard and guys like that were unreliable and weren't really chain-movers anyways.

If the Pack had him last year they would have fared better I think.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here.  Texans could really hold their feet to the fire! 

• Like 1

A domino effect happens here if Cobb is traded. Anthony Miller becomes WR2 for the Texans, or maybe Nico Collins moves up the chain. MVS, Lazard, and maybe Richard Rodgers all lose value; it's not like MVS or Lazard had a lot of value to being with. This can get interesting. 

1 hour ago, chester said:

Davante is already upset. Cobb would definitely have to take a pay cut.

I did not look up Cobb's breakdown of what he is owned but the report I read earlier said Cobb's contract was for 3 years 27 million and he is going into year 2 of that deal. 

It's pretty rich for a player Cobb's age and injury history.  Again, I did not look at the breakdown so there can be something in that contract that makes that 27 million look like big money but really has an out or whatnot. You know contracts sometimes look good on paper then you read the details and it's not that great.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

I did not look up Cobb's breakdown of what he is owned but the report I read earlier said Cobb's contract was for 3 years 27 million and he is going into year 2 of that deal. 

It's pretty rich for a player Cobb's age and injury history.  Again, I did not look at the breakdown so there can be something in that contract that makes that 27 million look like big money but really has an out or whatnot. You know contracts sometimes look good on paper then you read the details and it's not that great.

There is an out after this year, about $2M in dead cap with about $18M having been paid for the 2 years. Also the first 2 years were guaranteed. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/randall-cobb-7783/

• Thanks 1

I mean does this make any sense? It's like that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where the raccoon asks someone to bring him "that guy's eye" for no reason other than he thinks it'll be funny.

I have a hard time seeing Cobb as the missing piece in GB.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stethant said:

I mean does this make any sense? It's like that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where the raccoon asks someone to bring him "that guy's eye" for no reason other than he thinks it'll be funny.

I have a hard time seeing Cobb as the missing piece in GB.

Yup, and had Aaron Rodgers restructured his contract a few years ago instead of crying about Jordan Love he'd probably have a stud WR opposite of Adams right now. What the hell kind of difference is Cobb going to make? 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:58 AM, stevegrab said:

There is an out after this year, about $2M in dead cap with about $18M having been paid for the 2 years. Also the first 2 years were guaranteed. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/randall-cobb-7783/

That seems a bit rich, 18 million guaranteed in 2020 for Cobb? I don't think I would have paid that much. I know hindsight is 20/20 but Cobb seemed pretty avg back then to me. Rodgers can make a lot of guys look good. 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

That seems a bit rich, 18 million guaranteed in 2020 for Cobb? I don't think I would have paid that much. I know hindsight is 20/20 but Cobb seemed pretty avg back then to me. Rodgers can make a lot of guys look good. 

He's really averaging $9 million a year.

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Knowing the situation It seems like Houston really could of fleeced Green Bay. 

I think history shows that Houston usually gets fleeced, not the other way around.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ShaneKibler said:

I read Houston is paying 3 mill of the salary too.  Why would you do that for a 6th round pick?  Everyone heard Rogers wanted him back.  I was expecting a 4th just because what is GB gonna do?  Typical Houston.  

Well when nobody cares in Houston, why bother actually trying to really win a trade,   they just saved the owner 6 million and got a 6th.

38 rec 440 yards last season on less them 50 targets.