[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top defenses this year

purplemonster

I think the Patriots could be a top 3 defense with some of the returning players they're getting back.  The Chiefs, Dolphins and Colts could all be top 10 D/STs units. 

Edited by irish

I think you could pretty much flip-flop these 6 to any spot one thru six. I like my 49ers this year to bounce back after their injuries last year. I definitely think they'll.finish top 5. Backfield's not great but the front 7 will dominate and make them look better than they are. Bosa, Fred Warner and Arik Armstead will wreak havoc. CLEVELAND is gonna be much improved.and wi.defimtely be a top 10 defense this year. I like DENVER sliding into the top 10 and MIAMI will continue to improve. My darkhorse to finish top 10 is the Cincinnati Bengals. Burrow's back and they added Chase to theWR corps. They'll be ahead in a fair amount of games and the defense will be inspired to step up. That could be a tough division this year as anyone one of them could win it.

1 hour ago, Docniner said:

I think you could pretty much flip-flop these 6 to any spot one thru six. I like my 49ers this year to bounce back after their injuries last year. I definitely think they'll.finish top 5. Backfield's not great but the front 7 will dominate and make them look better than they are. Bosa, Fred Warner and Arik Armstead will wreak havoc. CLEVELAND is gonna be much improved.and wi.defimtely be a top 10 defense this year. I like DENVER sliding into the top 10 and MIAMI will continue to improve. My darkhorse to finish top 10 is the Cincinnati Bengals. Burrow's back and they added Chase to theWR corps. They'll be ahead in a fair amount of games and the defense will be inspired to step up. That could be a tough division this year as anyone one of them could win it.

Now this is a true dark horse. Ahead in a fair amount of games?  I see them being in the bottom 3rd of the league and probably in the bottom 5.  

I was surprised the 49ers aren't ranked higher, their DL was a wrecking ball when healthy, and they should be now.  I don't know anything about the Dolphins or who the Pats have offhand, but the Pats usually have a pretty good D so they are always a decent choice. I like Washington too with Chase Young, who is a bit of a beast. 

Tampa Bay, Number 1 Without a Doubt

Tampa Bay has a good defense who more times than not will be on the field with a lead which will cause other teams playing from behind to try and force things or extend plays which lead to turnovers, sacks,, etc.. The NFC South division has gotten worse. The Panthers with Sam Darnold at QB, Saints with Crab Legs and Hill at QB, Matt Ryan without Julio Jones, that's 6 games against teams who have regressed imo. The Bucs then play the AFC east this year who aside from Josh Allen don't have a legit QB, that's 3  more games against questionable teams/QBs. Now add QBs from the  Giants (turnover machine), Washington, (turnover machine),  Bears (Dalton/Fields),  Eagles (Hurts),  Colts (Wentz), into the mix. 14 Games against teams that have either regressed or have a not so good/OK/unproven QB. TB D is primed for a huge season. Good Luck this year. 

Edited by PocketPool