[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Filling open teams in IDP leagues can be brutal

Dcat

For the first 14 years of their existence, my 3 leagues were traditional (offense, w/team defense). We added IDPs (start 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 DL) 7 years ago and we love it.  However....  as in any decades-long leagues,  sometimes you need to replace a GM.  It was so damned easy when we just played offense.  Would have a replacement quickly.   But the minute you use the term IDP, potential GMs run for the freaking hills.  What are they scared of?  Even when I tell them that there is always ample free agents for these 5 slots....   I see panic in their eyes.  

Christ, it's not that hard.

I have 2 openings in my three 12-team keeper leagues.  Competitive, long lasting (21 years) leagues. We use RTSports.  They have solid keepers (in fact I'd like to swap my own team for one of them).  I never realized that playing IDPs makes recruiting so ridiculously difficult.  Any suggestions?

I dont mind idp leagues I really dislike the variety in scoring .  I play in both dl/lb/db and dt/de/lb/cb/s.  I also prefer balancing scoring so that you DL gets more points per tackle then lb's  etc etc.

I started playing in leagues with 2 pt tackles and 1 pt assists (and maybe even one that was 1 pt.and .5 pts).  I find.with the variety- your right- it can be harder but I've also found less turnover in my idp leagues than my straight offensive league's.

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

1 other thing to note, idc how good your league sounds, I don't play on multiple sites anymore.   If it's not where I have all my other leagues, I'm not joining 

so true.  Easier when we used Yahoo, which sucks.  

• 2 weeks later...