[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D Henry

jfromsoudy

I haven't seen the rankings, but maybe they feel that the heavy workload will result in a drop in production this year. 

He's had a historic workload the last two years - 832 touches. Concerned that it will catch up with him.

Here is an article I did on him

Just readjusted a few players closer to where I wanted them in the rankings. 

Taylor runs behind an outstanding O-line. Not concerned that much with whatever difference Wentz or not makes.

His career rankings going backward - 3, 5, 13, 26, 40.  25% less production would be No. 8 last year. I don't fault anyone wanting to still ride the wave, I'm just looking at it compared to how that workload impacted previous RBs and he is actually bigger than any of them.

17 minutes ago, DMD said:

His career rankings going backward - 3, 5, 13, 26, 40.  25% less production would be No. 8 last year. I don't fault anyone wanting to still ride the wave, I'm just looking at it compared to how that workload impacted previous RBs and he is actually bigger than any of them.

I get it, and I agree that sooner or later he has to hit a wall. I don't think any human can withstand that beating year after year. But until it happens I'm in on Henry. 

49 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I get it, and I agree that sooner or later he has to hit a wall. I don't think any human can withstand that beating year after year. But until it happens I'm in on Henry. 

Most backs would have broken down after his monster 2019 season. That he just got better in 2020 is almost inexplicable.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You're not drafting him top 9? 

Depends on league settings (lineup and scoring) and type of draft (redraft, keeper, dynasty startup), but there are a lot of setups where I would not draft him top 9.

Non-PPR, 2 required RBs, redraft then yes, he's a top 9 pick.

PPR, only 1 RB required, then there are a lot of other players I probably consider over him.

Dynasty league of any type and he's a tough buy in the first round

Certainly no offense meant but this is the difference between the elite fantasy owners and the field. 

You're not drafting him top 9? 

Honestly, I don't know right now. My point was about your logic of "until it happens." If "it happens" and you've drafted him, you're too late. I have moved people down in my rankings a year earlier before their descension starts, but I'd rather be early than a year late. 

12 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Honestly, I don't know right now. My point was about your logic of "until it happens." If "it happens" and you've drafted him, you're too late. I have moved people down in my rankings a year earlier before their descension starts, but I'd rather be early than a year late. 

I'm not Nostradamus. I can't tell you when he's going to hit a wall. I do know that he's far from toast. To even think that he's not a top nine RB TODAY is absurd.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

@League_Champion is correct and Here's why...

In the first eight games last year, Henry averaged 4.63 ypc. Second half, Henry averaged an insane 5.75 ypc. His final game 5.42 ypc.

He didn't wear down as the season aged.

Have to also take into account who he played down the stretch and their defensive ranking vs. RB

14 @JAC (30)
15 DET (31)

16 @GB (28)

17 @HOU (32)

The next week when they needed him in the playoffs, he had 18 carries for 40 yards. Playing in the AFC South is a blessing for any RB.

31 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

In the first eight games last year, Henry averaged 4.63 ypc. Second half, Henry averaged an insane 5.75 ypc. His final game 5.42 ypc.

You can make this argument for David Montgomery and Jonathon Taylor also. 

38 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not Nostradamus. I can't tell you when he's going to hit a wall. I do know that he's far from toast. To even think that he's not a top nine RB TODAY is absurd.

I'm not saying he's NOT a top RB9, that's where DMD has him ranked. RB9 does NOT always mean first round, however. It's also important note, almost no one sees the dropoff for these RBs, they just seem to hit a wall. People forget how big Jamaal Lewis was and he hit a wall after his 2,000 yard season when he was 24/25. 

I will draft like I always draft, on value.  

Edited by Shaft

The first round is full of RB traps this year.  Just like the good ol days.  :)

I think I've already mentioned a couple reasons, beyond the heavy use breakdown concerns, on why Henry probably won't make it onto any of my teams:

- Henry's PPR ADP is essentially counting on him to repeat his historical year value wise

- He's never caught 20+ passes in a season.  The odds of finishing a top 10 PPR RB are low and dependent on mega yards and TDs

- He scored 18 and 17 total TDs his last two seasons.  Counting on him averaging 1TD per game a 3rd year in a row is wishful.  Even for a workhorse like Henry; things revert back to the mean at some point

- Darrynton Evans was hurt last year.  Henry shouldered the RB workload last year at a high % (don't have the stats in front of me).  It's entirely plausible that Evans eats up 25 to 33% of the RB snaps this year.  

Henry has been, and probably will continue to be, drafted well before I want to invest a pick in him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

The first round is full of RB traps this year.  Just like the good ol days.  :)

I think I've already mentioned a couple reasons, beyond the heavy use breakdown concerns, on why Henry probably won't make it onto any of my teams:

- Henry's PPR ADP is essentially counting on him to repeat his historical year value wise

- He's never caught 20+ passes in a season.  The odds of finishing a top 10 PPR RB are low and dependent on mega yards and TDs

- He scored 18 and 17 total TDs his last two seasons.  Counting on him averaging 1TD per game a 3rd year in a row is wishful.  Even for a workhorse like Henry; things revert back to the mean at some point

- Darrynton Evans was hurt last year.  Henry shouldered the RB workload last year at a high % (don't have the stats in front of me).  It's entirely plausible that Evans eats up 25 to 33% of the RB snaps this year.  

Henry has been, and probably will continue to be, drafted well before I want to invest a pick in him.  

Basically this, plus, as @Shaft said, Top 9 RB is very different than drafting him in the top 9 picks.

In a redraft, he will (and should) go higher, as he hasn't broken down "yet", and if he does, it only affects you for the one year. In a dynasty/keeper, his value is quite a bit lower as very few RBs, if any, have been able to sustain his level of workload and not have the inevitable breakdown in a fairly quick manner. In these leagues (keeper/dynasty), it's better to sell a year early than hold a year late.

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

He had 2 - 200 yard games in the second half against the Mighty Jags-250 and the Texans -215 Throw in another 178 against the Colts. That will help your AYC

• Like 1