[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D Henry

jfromsoudy

On 8/4/2021 at 1:08 PM, League_Champion said:

I'm not Nostradamus. I can't tell you when he's going to hit a wall. I do know that he's far from toast. To even think that he's not a top nine RB TODAY is absurd.

This........I would draft King Henry with the first pick if I get it....not to mention they have a great throwing game which just opens up the run game even more. To draft Barkley 2nd or 3rd and put king at 9th is so (the really bad word)ing stupid. Without a throwing game a stud RB can't do manure. I'm all in on King Henry...how can you not be??? They have Cook at like 4th 5th...how can that be over Henry....I don't get it.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Irish

After my inner family explosion, those days ended. My Fantasy Aces' days!  Now, I just throw down in the advice forum here. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 6:28 AM, DMD said:

Taylor runs behind an outstanding O-line. Not concerned that much with whatever difference Wentz or not makes.

One month ago I was seriously considering Taylor at 1.5 in a best ball league.  I pulled the trigger on someone else.  Today I drafted Jonathan Taylor at 2.4.

If he's dropping because of a Wentz injury. So be it.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Big John said:

Would the injury to  LG Quenton Nelson factor in?

For sure.  But a guard with an injury is a different realm relative to a guy like Barkley, who may or may not miss a couple games. 

Every RB past the fist two has question marks, a guard being dinged on an already good line isn't the biggest of worries. 

The biggest upside worry is passing game involvement. 20 catches or 50 catches?

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Derrick Henry has the best chance of being the #1 RB in fantasy this season, leading Ezekiel Elliott by a slim margin.  CMC, being the consensus #1 pick (not to mention coming off of a major injury), therefore has little to no chance of finishing the season as the #1 RB in fantasy, but should probably still be taken third overall.

Edited by AxeElf

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2021 at 11:12 AM, Bobby Brown said:

The first round is full of RB traps this year.  Just like the good ol days.  :)

I think I've already mentioned a couple reasons, beyond the heavy use breakdown concerns, on why Henry probably won't make it onto any of my teams:

- Henry's PPR ADP is essentially counting on him to repeat his historical year value wise

- He's never caught 20+ passes in a season.  The odds of finishing a top 10 PPR RB are low and dependent on mega yards and TDs

- He scored 18 and 17 total TDs his last two seasons.  Counting on him averaging 1TD per game a 3rd year in a row is wishful.  Even for a workhorse like Henry; things revert back to the mean at some point

- Darrynton Evans was hurt last year.  Henry shouldered the RB workload last year at a high % (don't have the stats in front of me).  It's entirely plausible that Evans eats up 25 to 33% of the RB snaps this year.  

Henry has been, and probably will continue to be, drafted well before I want to invest a pick in him.  

I just wanted to bump this to give myself a clueless pat on the back.  In FFPC, something like 50% of the first place teams have Derrick Henry on their roster.  I have him in one dynasty league and thought about trading him; I didn't because I'm in a 'championship window.'

Anyways - I have 0 shares of Henry in all PPR re-draft leagues,  and I'm not doing that good this year.  Not a coincidence I think.  

Henry makes absolutely no sense, he's putting up some of the best years for a 'non pass catching' RB, in NFL history.  In a time when no one else but Tennessee is feeding their RB non-stop, no less. 

Anyways - don't ever take advice from me.*

* I had first pick in dynasty this year (same one where I'm in a championship window; I got this on a trade from the year before).  I did pick Ja'Marr Chase in a belief he was the best short term and possibly long term fantasy value.  I considered Kyle PItts, it will be interesting to see how their career paths compare to each other.  So I'm not completely stupid at this game.  

Despite what I wrote above, I did change my mind and tried to get Henry at #2, but missed the first rounds of the draft at work and got Cook. The #5 guy got him and I tried to trade Cook for Henry but he wasn't biting, even after Henry's down 1st game. It was the injury risk with Cook. Henry just doesn't get injured, it is amazing. He continues to maintain it this year with insane workloads. It doesn't hurt when some defenders are reluctant to take him on as we saw a few times in the KC game today. His size and body lean and maybe a lot of luck helps. This is breaking the mold in terms of how usual players break down, sort of like what Brady is doing. Will be interesting how long this can last. Like Brady, maybe we have to stop doubting him for another year or better. You can't fault anyone for not anticipating what an aberration this guy is. Meanwhile, I took Julio Jones instead of a lot of other better receivers, so you win some, lose some.