[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Message Board Leagues 2021

heehawks

Well, for reference, FFPC bestball leagues also have a 10 man lineup (only difference is they start 2 WR and 2 flex, we do 3 WR and 1 flex), but they do a 28 round draft (I get it, higher dollar leagues, reduce luck factor a bit by increasing rosters)

They also do "Slim" leagues which are intentionally short rosters which makes draft decisions much more difficult (if you take a 3rd QB, you're potentially really short at RB or WR, more so if you also roster a 3rd TE) - they eliminate the kicker and defense positions, but also cut the draft to 18 rounds

I'd be all for mimicking the slim format - get rid of kickers and defenses, cut required WRs to 2, up flex to 2 and do an 18 round draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Well, for reference, FFPC bestball leagues also have a 10 man lineup (only difference is they start 2 WR and 2 flex, we do 3 WR and 1 flex), but they do a 28 round draft (I get it, higher dollar leagues, reduce luck factor a bit by increasing rosters)

They also do "Slim" leagues which are intentionally short rosters which makes draft decisions much more difficult (if you take a 3rd QB, you're potentially really short at RB or WR, more so if you also roster a 3rd TE) - they eliminate the kicker and defense positions, but also cut the draft to 18 rounds

I'd be all for mimicking the slim format - get rid of kickers and defenses, cut required WRs to 2, up flex to 2 and do an 18 round draft

I like the idea of 2 WR and 2 flex versus 3 and 1.

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Same.

The only difference is, you're actually in one of the leagues, lol. 

Just to note the kicker thing is sarcasm (except the (the really bad word) those guys part), don't want to make this more of a hassle for DMD.  If he wants to bump the draft to 28 that's cool, but otherwise hope we don't pressure for mass changes on a freebie league. 

45 minutes ago, Def. said:

Just to note the kicker thing is sarcasm (except the (the really bad word) those guys part), don't want to make this more of a hassle for DMD.  If he wants to bump the draft to 28 that's cool, but otherwise hope we don't pressure for mass changes on a freebie league. 

I'll try steal the keys and do it for him - in theory should only be a matter of changing a few settings in the back end, but, like you said, for a freebie bragging rights league, it is far from a priority issue

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

I'll try steal the keys and do it for him - in theory should only be a matter of changing a few settings in the back end, but, like you said, for a freebie bragging rights league, it is far from a priority issue

I've got admin in #1 already and can make any changes in MFL as needed if approved by the man in charge. 

• Like 1

@DMD - If there are enough interested owners, would it be easy to bump League 2 up to 12 team from the current 10. I'm not going to push for it, just figured if after league 1 is filled (I believe they are at 12 teams), if there are at least 3 other interested owners we could go to 12 teams, if it's not a problem, rather than have potential owners get left out