[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 point or 6 points per passing touchdown?

bunso1012

46 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Yes, but combined with his additional passing yards ( about 500) additional rushing yards (about 300) and 8 more rushing touchdowns then Stafford and you have 2 quarterbacks who finished in 6 point TDs, 160 points apart at the end of the season and that's 10 points per game.

And I wasn't saying 6 pt TDs make 160 points of difference, you where talking about the drop off and your earlier post about not drafting QBs earlier. 

On it's own though this is fairly meaningless without knowing what the drop off was at the other positions, unless we are simply playing fantasy quarterback of course.

But that is not germane to the discussion about the affect 4 point and 6 point passing TDs

39 minutes ago, Big Country said:

On it's own though this is fairly meaningless without knowing what the drop off was at the other positions, unless we are simply playing fantasy quarterback of course.

But that is not germane to the discussion about the affect 4 point and 6 point passing TDs

With QBs being drafted after the 3rd round where we see rb2 wr2 taken we have

rb 17 to 32 was 45 points over 16 games

Wr 17 to 32 was 44 points over 16 games

I didn't bring up drafting them later, I just pointed out the delta and suggested that 6 point TDs increased the delta.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I didn't bring up drafting them later, I just pointed out the delta and suggested that 6 point TDs increased the delta.

I don't believe that has been debated at all in this thread

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, millworkguy said:

This thread has taken some awkward turns. 

delta= change/difference (the math term)? 

delta= covid-19 variant?

delta= wetland?

delta= airline?

delta= pun with some or all of the above?

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Has the great debate been settled yet? 

Per the OPs actual question of which is better or preferred, the answer is neither. It does not matter. Neither is better, neither is worse.

For the question of does 6pt passing TDs increase QB value, then the answer is yes, of course it does. That's just basic mathematics.

For the question of does it change QB value significantly, then the answer is it depends, as every case is unique, but in what I would guess is 80+% of most typical league setups, the answer is no, it is not a significant change in value that should change your draft strategy in any meaningful way. But that is a factor of overall scoring system, lineup requirements, number of teams and your individual league's draft tendencies.

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Per the OPs actual question of which is better or preferred, the answer is neither. It does not matter. Neither is better, neither is worse.

For the question of does 6pt passing TDs increase QB value, then the answer is yes, of course it does. That's just basic mathematics.

For the question of does it change QB value significantly, then the answer is it depends, as every case is unique, but in what I would guess is 80+% of most typical league setups, the answer is no, it is not a significant change in value that should change your draft strategy in any meaningful way. But that is a factor of overall scoring system, lineup requirements, number of teams and your individual league's draft tendencies.

Thanks for the good summary to my sarcastic question. 

We have 6pt passing TD, 12 teams start 1 QB and I still see QBs being overrated at times. Each team has 5 keepers (no contract or increasing cost, more like dynasty), and most will include a QB. One year a guy had a QB, and in the first round top 6 pick he took another QB, who would be a backup on his bench every week, or maybe replace his keeper. He thought he could trade one of them easily, but it didn't work out. 

The top 10 scoring players were QBs, #11 is Derrick Henry 3 points behind Herbert. 

• Like 1

we had 6 pts for all TDs. 

We did have bonus for QB rush/receive TD, WR/TE pass/rush TD, RB pass/receive TD.

a few years back we switched to QB passing TDs to 4 pts.

I do not think it matters too much as long as one position is not terribly lopsided in the scoring.  If everyone in the league agrees to the scoring system, no issues.