[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

18 hours ago, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

Thrice Pfizered

I'm holding off on the third for now. Going to wait to see what the local climate looks like in the next few months. If numbers continue to drop, I'll continue to wait. If we start to spike again then I may go ahead.

21 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'm holding off on the third for now. Going to wait to see what the local climate looks like in the next few months. If numbers continue to drop, I'll continue to wait. If we start to spike again then I may go ahead.

Might as well finish the job, I got my booster last week. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, irish said:

Might as well finish the job, I got my booster last week. 

Define "finishing the job."

The job was supposed to be finished with masks and social distancing ("2 weeks to flatten the curve"),  then it was shots for the elderly and imunocompromised, then it was shots for all adults,  then it was shots for everyone over the age of 15, then it was mandatory shots for all adults who want to work,  now it's a 3rd shot, then it's shots for everyone over the age of 5, and now there's already talk of a 4th shot.

Thank you,  but I'll wait and see.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

The job was supposed to be finished with masks and social distancing ("2 weeks to flatten the curve"),  then it was shots for the elderly and imunocompromised, then it was shots for all adults,  then it was shots for everyone over the age of 15, then it was mandatory shots for all adults who want to work,  now it's a 3rd shot, then it's shots for everyone over the age of 5, and now there's already talk of a 4th shot.

When this all started and information really flooded in, I told my Co-workers this will end up being like the yearly flu with yearly vaccines possible and here we are. People get a flu shot every year (and sometimes they don't cover you depending on the strains included in the shot and the strain you picked up).  Now we'll get a covid booster too. 

7 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Waiting is fine, its your choice. I'm not rushing to get mine but checked with some family who are older and more cautious who I'll be visiting for Thanksgiving, if they had all got theirs I was going to try to before I went there. 

Not sure why you're going into all that other stuff, its really pointless and smacks of conspiracy theories and science deniers. Nobody said the first statement on what we need to do would be the final word. Nobody really knew what to expect, and the pandemic continues now going on 2 years. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Waiting is fine, its your choice.

Is it really?

Not sure why you're going into all that other stuff, its really pointless and smacks of conspiracy theories and science deniers.

This may come as a shock to you,  but science evolves. Science isn't a religion and to continue to treat it as something that is beyond question is horribly dangerous. I got the vaccine. Now, because I want to wait for the booster I get "science denier and conspiracy theory?" What exactly did I say that led you to belive that? I did that if the risk continues to go down then I would continue to wait. I don't want to get injected with something if there is low risk of me getting sick or getting someone else sick. And as the science continues to evolve and we learn new treatments and preventative measures then I will decide then what is best for me.

And yes,  they did say "two weeks to flatten the curve."

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Calm down, it's just funny. 

14282.png

I see folks driving home from work all the time still wearing their hard hats in the car,  so I can believe it. 

Edit: I'm at the airport right now and there's a guy that is triple masked and wearing a face shield.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Is it really?

This may come as a shock to you,  but science evolves. Science isn't a religion and to continue to treat it as something that is beyond question is horribly dangerous. I got the vaccine. Now, because I want to wait for the booster I get "science denier and conspiracy theory?" What exactly did I say that led you to belive that? I did that if the risk continues to go down then I would continue to wait. I don't want to get injected with something if there is low risk of me getting sick or getting someone else sick. And as the science continues to evolve and we learn new treatments and preventative measures then I will decide then what is best for me.

And yes,  they did say "two weeks to flatten the curve."

Sorry, I knew that might not be understood properly. Yes science evolves, that's my point. But your post talking about "well it started with masks .....now we need a 4th shot" seems to bash the changing directives. Which many who are against the vaccine, or think that COVID is a hoax, do regularly. I just don't see why you're posting all that, if you generally believe in the vaccine and the science. 

My comment "smacks of conspiracy theories and science deniers" had nothing to do with your wanting to wait, and why I said "waiting is fine". The comment was entirely about the part of the post which seems to question why things keep changing. Maybe you were just expressing frustration with the whole thing dragging out. 

Again I apologize.

41 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Calm down, it's just funny. 

14282.png

I see people driving around with masks, I don't get it but figure it is their right, it was their right before the pandemic. I saw people in masks at Sacramento and SF airports in summer of 2019, long before the pandemic. Some people ride motorcycles in shorts & flip-flops, some choose to wear full protective gear. Some people hate wearing seatbelts and try to avoid using them. 

57 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sorry, I knew that might not be understood properly. Yes science evolves, that's my point. But your post talking about "well it started with masks .....now we need a 4th shot" seems to bash the changing directives. Which many who are against the vaccine, or think that COVID is a hoax, do regularly. I just don't see why you're posting all that, if you generally believe in the vaccine and the science. 

My comment "smacks of conspiracy theories and science deniers" had nothing to do with your wanting to wait, and why I said "waiting is fine". The comment was entirely about the part of the post which seems to question why things keep changing. Maybe you were just expressing frustration with the whole thing dragging out. 

Again I apologize.

It does bash the changing directives and it should. The political machine that's driving this has been absolutely ridiculous. Every new bill of goods we're sold is pushed as the thing that will get us past covid and back to "normal" and anyone who doesn't immediately comply is treated like they are idiots, conspiracy kooks, science deniers and killers. Yet every time we jump on the train there's always another that we need to get on in order to get us back to "normal." I don't blame people at all for distrusting the latest bill of goods. The quickest way to make me not want to do something is to ridicule,  chastise and mandate me into doing it all the while bring completely dishonest about the whole thing. How many times were we told that they wouldn't/couldn't mandate vaccination? How many months before that lie changed?

In the meantime you have businesses shutting down for good, people losing their livelihood and people not wanting to go back to work. Because,  not only has big brother government stepped in and created a welfare program for everyone (not just those directly effected),  but it's created a corporate atmosphere where everyone gets used to working from home,  even when it's at the detriment to their employer. And once people get that taste it's like digging ticks to get them back to work. Now we're set to see multitudes of people suddenly unemployed because of the mandate. My own industry is going to be devastated because of it. And the contractor will be happy as a clam to lay off all those workers because it's government mandated and gives them a built in excuse to slip schedules and increase costs. I work with people who have been vaccinated and have already said that if the mandate goes through that they are just going to go ahead and retire. These are people that we can't just go run out and find a replacement for either and they're just so fed up with the whole thing that they're ready to just call it quits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I see people driving around with masks, I don't get it but figure it is their right, it was their right before the pandemic. I saw people in masks at Sacramento and SF airports in summer of 2019, long before the pandemic. Some people ride motorcycles in shorts & flip-flops, some choose to wear full protective gear. Some people hate wearing seatbelts and try to avoid using them. 

It's funny you say that, I've see 2 instances where guys on motorcycles were wearing masks. I see the idiots all the time alone in the car wearing a mask. Are they afraid to get themselves sick? 

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Same here.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's funny you say that, I've see 2 instances where guys on motorcycles were wearing masks. I see the idiots all the time alone in the car wearing a mask. Are they afraid to get themselves sick? 

Sometimes after a long day at work, I forget I have it on. And then halfway home I realize it and take it off. When you wear one every day for 8 to 10 hours at a time, you get used to it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, rajncajn said:

It does bash the changing directives and it should. The political machine that's driving this has been absolutely ridiculous. Every new bill of goods we're sold is pushed as the thing that will get us past covid and back to "normal" and anyone who doesn't immediately comply is treated like they are idiots, conspiracy kooks, science deniers and killers. Yet every time we jump on the train there's always another that we need to get on in order to get us back to "normal." I don't blame people at all for distrusting the latest bill of goods. The quickest way to make me not want to do something is to ridicule,  chastise and mandate me into doing it all the while bring completely dishonest about the whole thing. How many times were we told that they wouldn't/couldn't mandate vaccination? How many months before that lie changed?

In the meantime you have businesses shutting down for good, people losing their livelihood and people not wanting to go back to work. Because,  not only has big brother government stepped in and created a welfare program for everyone (not just those directly effected),  but it's created a corporate atmosphere where everyone gets used to working from home,  even when it's at the detriment to their employer. And once people get that taste it's like digging ticks to get them back to work. Now we're set to see multitudes of people suddenly unemployed because of the mandate. My own industry is going to be devastated because of it. And the contractor will be happy as a clam to lay off all those workers because it's government mandated and gives them a built in excuse to slip schedules and increase costs. I work with people who have been vaccinated and have already said that if the mandate goes through that they are just going to go ahead and retire. These are people that we can't just go run out and find a replacement for either and they're just so fed up with the whole thing that they're ready to just call it quits.

Thank you so much for this post.  We need vaccinated people speaking up and questioning the narrative because when people like me (us filthy, awful anti-covid vaxxers) do it, we're shamed and ridiculed as conspiracy theorists.  Your post is intelligently written and eloquently said. 

Sadly, Covid won't go away until the majority of us stop complying with mandates and start making decisions that make sense to us as individuals.  This idea of "public" health is propaganda and used to divide us.  There is nothing public about my health.  Health is personal and should never be "public".  As Americans we're now a few generations removed from tyranny, so the complacency is understandable.  Most people don't want to admit they've possibly been duped, lied to and tricked and that's also understandable.  My heart does truly go out to the vast majority of Americans who can't see the tyranny that stands before us.  My posts almost always come off as abrasive, and that's my character flaw but it doesn't make me wrong or crazy.  It just makes me bad at persuasion.  Anyways, thanks again, even if you are just a dumb cajun ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 2:42 AM, rajncajn said:

The job will actually never be finished. It'll be like the flu, getting shots yearly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, buddahj said:

When you wear one every day for 8 to 10 hours at a time, you get used to it. 

I wear a mask 8-9 hours a day and never get used to it.  Ever.   

On 11/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, irish said:

The job will actually never be finished. It'll be like the flu, getting shots yearly. 

Or, it'll be like the flu, not getting shots yearly.   

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, stevegrab said:

Sure everybody is always just joking

Everyone?  Always? 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, stevegrab said:

nobody is ever serious.

No one?  And not ever?  

I dont know, I find this difficult to believe that everyone is always joking, and that no one is ever serious.   Ymmv.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I wear a mask 8-9 hours a day and never get used to it.  Ever.   

Or, it'll be like the flu, not getting shots yearly.   

Right, I just mean that the option will probably be there.