irish

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports five Saints assistant coaches have tested positive for COVID-19. 

All of the infected coaches are fully vaccinated. That means they could return to the team before the Saints take on Carolina this Sunday. Meanwhile, the team has entered enhanced COVID-19 mitigation protocol, per leagues rules. All staffers and players will be tested daily for COVID and will be required to wear a mask. Fantasy managers should monitor the team's COVID outbreak throughout the week. 

According to another story there were 8 people total who tested positive, including one player, a nutritionist and the 6 coaches. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

4ubih6.jpg

I'm sorry are you attacking Trump or Biden with this.

As Biden is trying to get people vax'd while Trump allowed this to happen by not mandating anything and downplaying its importance....

If you look at deaths per million, California is fairly far down the list at 33rd, as i suspect not all states are reporting the same thing (with new infections).

Mississippi 1st, Lousiania 3rd, Florida 12th, Georgia 13th, Texas 22nd.

Texas is leading the states again with 653 new cases per million, (several days in a row now)  California had 220 per million

Typically states/countries report positive cases for 14 days from the date of the test.

Texas has had 9 days in the past 2 weeks with more then 15,000 new cases

California has had 0 days in the past 2 weeks with more then 10,000 new cases.

Texas having 350,000 plus active cases makes sense to me

California i would expect to be about 120,000 active cases,

so, i'm not sure that both states are actually reporting the same way.

17 hours ago, League_Champion said:

4ubih6.jpg

I've made three trips to San Diego this year & it's shocking how much the homeless population has exploded since I last visited 5 years ago and I thought it was bad 5 years ago. No, shocking is really too soft a word.

True that.  One would be lucky to pay rent in for a studio apartment in San Diego for less than 2K a month.  It's worse in the Bay Area or Seattle.  I live 100 miles north of Seattle and my home value has exploded to the point where I couldn't afford it on a new mortgage.  

The homeless problem is rather predictable.  

17 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I've made three trips to San Diego this year & it's shocking how much the homeless population has exploded since I last visited 5 years ago and I thought it was bad 5 years ago. No, shocking is really too soft a word.

Same here. I've made a lot of trips to the West Coast. Some parts are beautiful and other parts are absolute cesspools of homelessness, vacated commercial properties, drugs, illegal immigrants, crime, disease, etc. But everyone there turns an eye to it like it's normal. And they'll vote the same people in every year to fix it. I don't get it. No offense to anyone who lives there but San Francisco is a toilet. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

For real. 

tuberc.png

Because it's mostly not happening in the USA.

7000 cases last year in the USA.  Guess what, if it doesn't happen in your backyard it doesn't seem to matter. 

228 million cases of covid in 18 months and BTW their is a vaccine for tuberculosis 

• Like 1

You complained about homelessness in San Francisco because those people can't afford a house, and America has weak social assistance policy.   Many nations don't have money for public health measures so people die of diseases that we have cures for.   In large part because pharmaceutical companies are profit driven - think Martin Shkreli on a global scale screwing over developing countries  - just to make your meme

Edited by millworkguy

On 9/18/2021 at 5:19 PM, millworkguy said:

7000 cases last year in the USA.  

Yes.  Tuberculosis deaths happen almost entirely in 3rd world countries for a myriad of reasons, including undernutrition and lack of access to a vaccine.  Tuberculosis isn't overtaxing healthcare systems and retarding our economy.

But hey, Snooki has memes.

Edited by Bobby Brown

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

But hey, Snooki has memes.

Yup, really good for false 1 sided information because he is a librarian and concerned about our freedoms.   Rather than realizing that "our" freedoms end where it impacts the freedoms of other Americans, and he is simply acting as a privileged entitled *sshole

• Like 1

Having a different opinion doesn't bother me one bit, not spending 60 seconds to investigate what you're posting does (and if it's actually accurate does) Had he done so, he would have understood how wrong the meme was.  

34 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

For real.

Screenshot_20210813-071623_Gallery.jpg

But heck, let's start a war, spend a few thousand American lives, 100 billion dollars, protect the Saudi government and do it all in the name of.... and then  blame the president who pulls us out of it 

Makes a lot of sense to me 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, millworkguy said:

Having a different opinion doesn't bother me one bit, not spending 60 seconds to investigate what you're posting does (and if it's actually accurate does) Had he done so, he would have understood how wrong the meme was.  

He's too busy thinking he is funny, and owning the liberals with all his "facts". He talks about how California has nice places and manureholes full of crime, etc. Like that doesn't apply to virtually every state in the US, and that almost all major cities do not have problems with drugs, crime, homeless, illegals, etc. No matter what party is in control of a state, region or city there are problems. 

On 2021-09-20 at 1:40 PM, stevegrab said:

He's too busy thinking he is funny, and owning the liberals with all his "facts". He talks about how California has nice places and manureholes full of crime, etc. Like that doesn't apply to virtually every state in the US, and that almost all major cities do not have problems with drugs, crime, homeless, illegals, etc. No matter what party is in control of a state, region or city there are problems. 

I find it bizarre that someone would try and link tuberculosis and covid.   7000 cases a year versus 5000 cases an hour and claim it's just the media and their propaganda.

Heck car accidents kill 36,000 a year (in 2019 USA) if we are supposed to be more afraid of tuberculosis are we supposed to be terrified of cars?

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I find it bizarre that someone would try and link tuberculosis and covid.   7000 cases a year versus 5000 cases an hour and claim it's just the media and their propaganda.

Heck car accidents kill 36,000 a year (in 2019 USA) if we are supposed to be more afraid of tuberculosis are we supposed to be terrified of cars?

I think the point he's trying to make is why are we so afraid of Covid when the odds you die are much greater from things like tuberculosis & car accidents. Why are we not similarly taking measures against those? I'm not sure if it's a valid argument, just wanted to help you understand the argument being made.

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think the point he's trying to make is why are we so afraid of Covid when the odds you die are much greater from things like tuberculosis & car accidents. Why are we not similarly taking measures against those? I'm not sure if it's a valid argument, just wanted to help you understand the argument being made.

I don't think so.  I wrote about car accidents, as something that more Americans die of then tuberculosis,  and pointed out tuberculosis is almost a non factor in the USA,  so much so that the death rate in the USA is 92% lower then the rest of the world.  So American coverage of it is non existent.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year would be reduced considerably if all nations had the same access to meds.  Although almost 15% of those deaths are HIV+ individuals. 

I just think his meme game is weak and he is reaching in an attempt to score a point 

Edited by millworkguy
  • Thanks 1