irish

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

6 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I don't think so.  I wrote about car accidents, as something that more Americans die of then tuberculosis,  and pointed out tuberculosis is almost a non factor in the USA,  so I don't find it surprising that American media doesn't mention it. 

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  Just doing quick math, this would equate to about a 2-to-1 ratio, between Covid and TB.  1.5M per year for TB, versus just over 3M per year for Covid.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily. More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.  Based on the numbers in your previous statement, that's not even possible.  

I just think his meme game is weak and he is reaching in an attempt to score a point 

Something doesn't add up here.  

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

I'm sure millworkguy will follow up, but here's what I see

he did not provide any numbers for the TB or COVID deaths for America, those numbers were for the world.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  

Then he provided odds of getting COVID or TB, not deaths from either.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily

Finally his statement

More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.

I don't know those number, so did a quick search online. 

Weekly average deaths in US from COVID around 2000, so 14,000 in a week.

Yearly (2020, 2019) TB cases in the US 9000.

So it does seem like an accurate statement. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm sure millworkguy will follow up, but here's what I see

he did not provide any numbers for the TB or COVID deaths for America, those numbers were for the world.

And 1.5 million tuberculosis deaths per year versus almost 4.75 million covid deaths in 18 months.  

Then he provided odds of getting COVID or TB, not deaths from either.

The odds of getting tuberculosis (not dieing of it) in the USA is about 20 per million while almost 360 per million get covid daily

Finally his statement

More Americans will die of covid this week then get tuberculosis this year.

I don't know those number, so did a quick search online. 

Weekly average deaths in US from COVID around 2000, so 14,000 in a week.

Yearly (2020, 2019) TB cases in the US 9000.

So it does seem like an accurate statement. 

Oh, OK.  So maybe the second paragraph is talking worldwide numbers.  I didn't catch that (it doesn't say it, and everything else in the post refers to numbers in the US).  That makes more sense.  

4 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Oh, OK.  So maybe the second paragraph is talking worldwide numbers.  I didn't catch that (it doesn't say it, and everything else in the post refers to numbers in the US).  That makes more sense.  

I figured it was not USA so probably worldwide because of the number 4.75 million COVID deaths and USA total still under 700 thousand. 

Sorry more Americans will die of covid this week, then Americans who will get tuberculosis this year.

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

I was missing the 2nd,   "Americans"

As the meme was about the lack of American media coverage for tuberculosis 

Edited by millworkguy

9 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Ahhhh math is hard.   Isn't that people often ask "was that study peer-reviewed" before accepting it as fact. And when their numbers were drastically out of line with other studies, wouldn't that be a good time for those involved with the study to check their math, and their basic numbers? Nope, just run to tell the world you found something unique. 

Stuff like this is why many don't want to trust the science.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, cliaz said:

After I received my second shot on April 3, 2021, I was rushed to the ER roughly 8 hours later. My heart went into afib. The top half of my heart was beating rapidly (200 times a minute) while the bottom half was just quivering as it tried to catch up. It was a strange and disturbing sensation to say the least but it didn't hurt. I could feel it in my chest and stomach. Not enough blood was circulating in my body so I kept fainting. After an hour in the ER my heart reverted to normal rhythm. They released me and I made an appointment with a cardiologist. He is now part of my normal doctor visits. As time ticks by, I experience it less and less but still need to remain on blood thinners to prevent strokes. Apparently, blood can pool in the chambers of the heart and begin clotting while in afib. Once normal rhythm returns, the heart can eject the blood clots causing strokes or pulmonary embolism. Turns out, the vaccine itself didn't do this. The vaccine had put a strain on my system after the first shot. And I do remember having a few instances at night of my heart racing while trying to sleep. Once the second shot hit my system, it placed more stress on my system. Turns out, I have (since birth) defects with all of my valves, and because I have high blood pressure (that is treated btw), my left ventricle is slightly larger and the chamber walls thicker. Both of these heart problems combined with the strain on my system triggered the severe afib. My cardiologist believes I've had afib issues for a while now, but because they were mild in presentation I didn't feel or notice them. But the vaccine helped identify these issues. So now, I'm scheduled for an ablation later on this month to prevent future episodes of afib, and we will talk about when I need open heart surgery for the valves. After all of that, I still champion these vaccines. My girlfriend works for one of the two companies making the mRNA. She has taught me so much about Big spam. I'm less cynical about them. 

The entire upper half of your post was much appreciated, well written, accurate as near as I am able to discern, and informational.  

I AM 100% NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO OR NOT DO ANYTHING.  That said, your last paragraph is an advertisement on why not to get the vaccine if you are young and have an otherwise healthy immune system.   Oh, and in an otherwise excellent post, "strain on my system" is pseudogoggldyscience speak.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I AM 100% NOT ENCOURAGING ANYONE TO DO OR NOT DO ANYTHING.  That said, your last paragraph is an advertisement on why not to get the vaccine if you are young and have an otherwise healthy immune system.   

With that logic people shouldn't play football because we find many players who have heart conditions during the combine?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

With that logic people shouldn't play football because we find many players who have heart conditions during the combine?

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying.  

Its really remarkable all of these "pre-existing" cardiac problems that are being flushed out thanks to the vac.  What a blessing people had the opportunity to get these myocarditis and afib issues that otherwise may have taken several decades to manifest.   

• Like 1

Just now, FinishTheDrill said:

Its really remarkable all of these "pre-existing" cardiac problems that are being flushed out thanks to the vac.  What a blessing people had the opportunity to get these myocarditis and afib issues that otherwise may have taken several decades to manifest.   

Recent data actually says the myocardial issues happened another less frequently then previously reported (32 cases in 832,000 doses, not 32,000)  and being young and finding a problem actually increased their chances of survival. 

Maybe we can solve drinking and driving your way as well and get rid of cars.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:04 PM, FinishTheDrill said:

To be fair, it's only a blessing for those who detect the issue and/or can correct it and/or don't die as a result of taking the vaccine.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

download.png

Yes because if my neighbor manures their pants it has some potential to make me sick. 

Imagine you're not a troll......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Yes because if my neighbor manures their pants it has some potential to make me sick. 

Everyone knows it's ridiculous. I just found it funny, you should to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2021 at 11:36 AM, League_Champion said:

Everyone knows it's ridiculous. I just found it funny, you should to. 

Thanks so much for telling us what we should think is funny. 🙄

If you’re going to school us, try using the right “too.”

Hi all! 😊 LTNS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I found both memes to be mildly amusing,  but pretty inaccurate. But I have a disdain for politically charged memes anyway, so both are dumb. Geese are funny as hell though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Geese are funny as hell though.

I only like geese as proof 

Goose- geese

Moose - meese

Got the Moderna booster on tuesday, wjhen I got the 2nd Moderna dose 6 months ag it was intense, not painful but could feel it working.

With the booster I haven't felt anything, maybe my antibody levels were high so it didn't need to do anything, not sure how it works.

31 minutes ago, Randall said:

Got the Moderna booster on tuesday, wjhen I got the 2nd Moderna dose 6 months ag it was intense, not painful but could feel it working.

With the booster I haven't felt anything, maybe my antibody levels were high so it didn't need to do anything, not sure how it works.

Your body has already adapted to it's new DNA configuration and no longer tries to resist the reprogramming implant. :tinfoilhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Your body has already adapted to it's new DNA configuration and no longer tries to resist the reprogramming implant. :tinfoilhat:

Is that supposed to be funnier than politically charged memes? Because I think it is equally as stupid. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Is that supposed to be funnier than politically charged memes? Because I think it is equally as stupid. 

Well,  I think you're equally as stupid,  so now we're even. Like I tell everyone else. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's funny,  I'm only trying to humor myself. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Well,  I think you're equally as stupid,  so now we're even. Like I tell everyone else. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's funny,  I'm only trying to humor myself. :lol:

C'mon man.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

C'mon man.  

Did that one cut too deep? :lol:

@stevegrab, you do realize that I'm just busting your balls,  right? I consider myself one of the dumbest bastards around here. Well, aside from maybe LC. But LC can take a joke, so that makes it ok..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1