[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

those aren't vaccines. they're gene therapies and are experimental.

I think the J&J vaccine is based on traditional technology, like the flu or tetanus vaccines. However, the J&J has a blood clotting issue.

Bottom line, those vaccines have helped and will continue to. Again, it's your choice. 

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

we won't know if they've helped until the clinic trial is finished. 

We can clearly see them working already. I trust the Science and the people I personally know who work in the field. 

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

first, many people who voted for Trump may or may not have said anything but have become very unhappy with him. Trump/Rep supporters can evolve their opinion. But if you're going down that road, please acknowledge that when Trump suspended flights to/from China in Jan/Feb when this first happened, Dems got angry and said he was over-reacting.

It's important for your side to also recognize that Dems do the same thing as Repubs, but it does seem like Repub voters allow their opinion to change more than dem voters.

i hope y'all will consider voting third-party. Frankly, it doesn't matter which third party. What matters is that the pepsi and coke of politics know there are other options.

I voted for Trump the first time, but the second time, I voted for Kanye West. I did. Trump was as much as disappointment as Biden, Obama, Bush Jr.  I also voted for Obama the first time.

I voted for Bill Clinton (both times), but that was a mistake because he supported the repeal of Glass-Steagal (and I was ignorant back then). Bush Sr. was DEEP STATE. I liked Reagan and Carter, but Carter should've made Ross Perot VP and then stepped down.

I'll no longer vote for repubs or dems because neither of them care about us. 

You think the third party candidates care about you?   And stop referring to "your side" like you know me and my beliefs so clearly. I could take your votes for Trump and Kanye and label you a kooky fool if we're playing that game. 

I actually voted for Perot once, and I've voted for a few republicans in my time. I'm not a supporter of the extreme left, and the GOP is still the party of Trump with few willing to run for a big office without his support (which they get by bowing at his feet). 

Your constant belittling of people who got vaccinated is a clear sign of who you are. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You think the third party candidates care about you?   And stop referring to "your side" like you know me and my beliefs so clearly. I could take your votes for Trump and Kanye and label you a kooky fool if we're playing that game. 

I actually voted for Perot once, and I've voted for a few republicans in my time. I'm not a supporter of the extreme left, and the GOP is still the party of Trump with few willing to run for a big office without his support (which they get by bowing at his feet). 

Your constant belittling of people who got vaccinated is a clear sign of who you are. 

I did.   :Irishwink:

16 hours ago, loaf said:

Regardless of status, Amazon's making us all wear facemasks again starting tomorrow.

You better wear it or you're looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourself, your family and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

You better wear it or you're looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourself, your family and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm.

Yup, body bags stacked up in the streets, makeshift morgues on every corner, pop up hospitals in vacant warehouses, etc. It's going to happen, again. Mask up! 

• Like 1

Got the Pfizer booster yesterday so that I'm not responsible for wreaking death and destruction among the masses this winter.  Arm is significantly more sore than the first two shots,  but no other noticeable side affects so far. Wife got her Moderna booster the day before and was down for the count most of the remainder of the day with headache, body ache and fatigue.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Yup, body bags stacked up in the streets, makeshift morgues on every corner, pop up hospitals in vacant warehouses, etc. It's going to happen, again. Mask up! 

Several hospitals in NE Ohio with refrigerated trucks in their parking lots to hold the overflow from the morgue. But I guess that's just more fake news. Maybe you could post some more memes to show us how entertaining this all is to you. 

• Confused 1

Two early studies suggest a reduced risk of Covid-19 hospitalization when infected with Omicron compared to Delta (msn.com)

It's odd to me that this is supposedly just being figured out since from the start every single indicator (including that of the person that discovered it) suggested that, while it may be more contagious, the affects were much less severe. So far there's only been one recorded death worldwide that they are linking to omicron, so I think it stands to reason there's reduced risk.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Several hospitals in NE Ohio with refrigerated trucks in their parking lots to hold the overflow from the morgue. But I guess that's just more fake news. Maybe you could post some more memes to show us how entertaining this all is to you. 

I just read a local article from Akron that said ordered them in preparation of a possible overflow. So, while not "fake news," your post is still misleading in that it suggests that there is already an overflow. Akron being a Democratic majority you'd think they wouldn't be having such an issue with the unvaccinated since it seems Democrats are advocating for the vaccination mandates etc & Republicans are advocating for choice. We have roughly twice the population on the coast here, I wonder why Akron is doing so much more poorly. Maybe it has to do with population density?

Edited by rajncajn

Omicron is also more contagious than Delta, so more people will get it, even if a lower percentage will need to be hospitalized. Not sure that changes much regarding the overtaxing of the health care system. Hospitalizations are not going down here. 

I've heard local reports that the majority of people being admitted now have Omicron variant. 

As for there only being one death reported world wide that is related to Omicron, that may have been true a day or two ago, but does not appear to be the case today. And according to this story, much like I hear locally, Omicron accounts for 75% of all new hospitalizations. 

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211221/unvaccinated-texas-man-omicron-death

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Got the Pfizer booster yesterday so that I'm not responsible for wreaking death and destruction among the masses this winter.  Arm is significantly more sore than the first two shots,  but no other noticeable side affects so far. Wife got her Moderna booster the day before and was down for the count most of the remainder of the day with headache, body ache and fatigue.

Me too.  Not feeling any soreness there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I just read a local article from Akron that said ordered them in preparation of a possible overflow. So, while not "fake news," your post is still misleading in that it suggests that there is already an overflow. Akron being a Democratic majority you'd think they wouldn't be having such an issue with the unvaccinated since it seems Democrats are advocating for the vaccination mandates etc & Republicans are advocating for choice. We have roughly twice the population on the coast here, I wonder why Akron is doing so much more poorly with all the . Maybe it has to do with population density?

Yes I read similar stories that these were brought in to prepare, I doubt they're just doing it in case something unlikely happens. 

Yes population density is a big factor, as people live and work in closer proximity, take public transportation etc. Also it being Democrat or Republican has almost nothing to do with it, I know Republicans (Trump supporters even) that are vaccinated and Democrats that are not. 

There are plenty of rural parts of Ohio with much lower vaccination rates than Akron, which isn't as bad as the Cleveland metro area (surrounding counties mostly east and west of there, not south into Akron or Canton). 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Omicron is also more contagious than Delta, so more people will get it, even if a lower percentage will need to be hospitalized. Not sure that changes much regarding the overtaxing of the health care system. Hospitalizations are not going down here. 

I've heard local reports that the majority of people being admitted now have Omicron variant. 

As for there only being one death reported world wide that is related to Omicron, that may have been true a day or two ago, but does not appear to be the case today. And according to this story, much like I hear locally, Omicron accounts for 75% of all new hospitalizations. 

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20211221/unvaccinated-texas-man-omicron-death

12 deaths in the entirety of the UK does not seem overly significant to me.

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Also it being Democrat or Republican has almost nothing to do with it, I know Republicans (Trump supporters even) that are vaccinated and Democrats that are not.

I agree & have said as such. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. You wouldn't think this is the case given the comments people make, including on this board.

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

12 deaths in the entirety of the UK does not seem overly significant to me.

12 in the UK, already 1 in the US, that's significantly more than "1 worldwide" to me. 

Your posts are trying to dismiss the thread of Omicron, when it is just starting. 

As for the politics, if its just tongue in cheek you should leave it out, we don't need another LC in here. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

12 in the UK, already 1 in the US, that's significantly more than "1 worldwide" to me. 

Your posts are trying to dismiss the thread of Omicron, when it is just starting. 

As for the politics, if its just tongue in cheek you should leave it out, we don't need another LC in here. 

Oh, forgive me for posting a CNN article that references studies done by the University of Edinburgh in the UNITED KINGDOM and a peer reviewed study on MedRxIV. We wouldn't want to say anything that might imply that omicron may not be as much of a threat. We certainly don't want to give anyone any hope,  especially right before Christmas! No, it's only death and severe illness for you.

As for the tongue-in-cheek comment, would you prefer I just call you out for dismissing Biden administration messaging with "but TRUMP!!!"

Edited by rajncajn