irish

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's funny you say that, I've see 2 instances where guys on motorcycles were wearing masks. I see the idiots all the time alone in the car wearing a mask. Are they afraid to get themselves sick? 

Sometimes after a long day at work, I forget I have it on. And then halfway home I realize it and take it off. When you wear one every day for 8 to 10 hours at a time, you get used to it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, rajncajn said:

It does bash the changing directives and it should. The political machine that's driving this has been absolutely ridiculous. Every new bill of goods we're sold is pushed as the thing that will get us past covid and back to "normal" and anyone who doesn't immediately comply is treated like they are idiots, conspiracy kooks, science deniers and killers. Yet every time we jump on the train there's always another that we need to get on in order to get us back to "normal." I don't blame people at all for distrusting the latest bill of goods. The quickest way to make me not want to do something is to ridicule,  chastise and mandate me into doing it all the while bring completely dishonest about the whole thing. How many times were we told that they wouldn't/couldn't mandate vaccination? How many months before that lie changed?

In the meantime you have businesses shutting down for good, people losing their livelihood and people not wanting to go back to work. Because,  not only has big brother government stepped in and created a welfare program for everyone (not just those directly effected),  but it's created a corporate atmosphere where everyone gets used to working from home,  even when it's at the detriment to their employer. And once people get that taste it's like digging ticks to get them back to work. Now we're set to see multitudes of people suddenly unemployed because of the mandate. My own industry is going to be devastated because of it. And the contractor will be happy as a clam to lay off all those workers because it's government mandated and gives them a built in excuse to slip schedules and increase costs. I work with people who have been vaccinated and have already said that if the mandate goes through that they are just going to go ahead and retire. These are people that we can't just go run out and find a replacement for either and they're just so fed up with the whole thing that they're ready to just call it quits.

Thank you so much for this post.  We need vaccinated people speaking up and questioning the narrative because when people like me (us filthy, awful anti-covid vaxxers) do it, we're shamed and ridiculed as conspiracy theorists.  Your post is intelligently written and eloquently said. 

Sadly, Covid won't go away until the majority of us stop complying with mandates and start making decisions that make sense to us as individuals.  This idea of "public" health is propaganda and used to divide us.  There is nothing public about my health.  Health is personal and should never be "public".  As Americans we're now a few generations removed from tyranny, so the complacency is understandable.  Most people don't want to admit they've possibly been duped, lied to and tricked and that's also understandable.  My heart does truly go out to the vast majority of Americans who can't see the tyranny that stands before us.  My posts almost always come off as abrasive, and that's my character flaw but it doesn't make me wrong or crazy.  It just makes me bad at persuasion.  Anyways, thanks again, even if you are just a dumb cajun ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 2:42 AM, rajncajn said:

Define "finishing the job."

The job was supposed to be finished with masks and social distancing ("2 weeks to flatten the curve"),  then it was shots for the elderly and imunocompromised, then it was shots for all adults,  then it was shots for everyone over the age of 15, then it was mandatory shots for all adults who want to work,  now it's a 3rd shot, then it's shots for everyone over the age of 5, and now there's already talk of a 4th shot.

Thank you,  but I'll wait and see.

The job will actually never be finished. It'll be like the flu, getting shots yearly. 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, buddahj said:

When you wear one every day for 8 to 10 hours at a time, you get used to it. 

I wear a mask 8-9 hours a day and never get used to it.  Ever.   

On 11/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, irish said:

The job will actually never be finished. It'll be like the flu, getting shots yearly. 

Or, it'll be like the flu, not getting shots yearly.   

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, stevegrab said:

Sure everybody is always just joking

Everyone?  Always? 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, stevegrab said:

nobody is ever serious.

No one?  And not ever?  

I dont know, I find this difficult to believe that everyone is always joking, and that no one is ever serious.   Ymmv.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I wear a mask 8-9 hours a day and never get used to it.  Ever.   

Or, it'll be like the flu, not getting shots yearly.   

Right, I just mean that the option will probably be there. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:42 AM, rajncajn said:

Define "finishing the job."

The job was supposed to be finished with masks and social distancing ("2 weeks to flatten the curve"),  then it was shots for the elderly and imunocompromised, then it was shots for all adults,  then it was shots for everyone over the age of 15, then it was mandatory shots for all adults who want to work,  now it's a 3rd shot, then it's shots for everyone over the age of 5, and now there's already talk of a 4th shot.

Thank you,  but I'll wait and see.

The OG shots weren't meant for Delta. Also this is a brand new vax and we weren't sure yet the staying power. Time and experience has shown protection does lessen somewhat over time and boosters have shown to help bring back immunity levels somewhat. It's proven to be a very safe vaccine making boosters even more of a sort of no brainer. The virus and our understanding of it changes over time. We need to be just as nimble or we will never overcome this thing. Good luck and stay healthy.

• Haha 1

And the "tyranny" calls are beyond stupid. Sorry but they just are. I fail to see an endgame where the big bad bogeyman government gains any sort of advantage over it's citizens by requiring masks, social distancing, or life saving vaccinations. Grow the (the really bad word) up and stop looking for black helicopters. Public health is an actual thing. The government actually does have a fiduciary responsibility in a pandemic to protect lives AND to protect the economy. Anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, etc only hold the rest of us hostage by dragging this thing out longer, costing lives and jobs.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 1:10 AM, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

And the "tyranny" calls are beyond stupid. Sorry but they just are. I fail to see an endgame where the big bad bogeyman government gains any sort of advantage over it's citizens by requiring masks, social distancing, or life saving vaccinations. Grow the (the really bad word) up and stop looking for black helicopters. Public health is an actual thing. The government actually does have a fiduciary responsibility in a pandemic to protect lives AND to protect the economy. Anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, etc only hold the rest of us hostage by dragging this thing out longer, costing lives and jobs.

You’re the stupid one, sorry to break it to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:10 AM, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

Couldn't agree more.  I get it their body, their choice, but imagine if these folks had good sense and just made the smart personal and social decision, how different things could have been. Oh well, on we plod...

On 11/29/2021 at 2:10 AM, CaP'N GRuNGe said:

Anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers, etc only hold the rest of us hostage

How does someone not being vaccinated hold you hostage?  

Just wear a mask and get vaccinated and go about your daily routines.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, irish said:

imagine if these folks had good sense and just made the smart personal and social decision, how different things could have been.

How different would things have been?   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

How different would things have been?   

Far fewer hospitalizations, death and stress on our healthcare system. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, irish said:

Far fewer hospitalizations, death and stress on our healthcare system. 

Fewer deaths for sure.  I just read that there have been more deaths this year with 70% of the country (?) vaccinated than last year when no one was vaccinated.    I didnt look around to confirm if its true though. 

The vast majority of the stressors on the healthcare system (in our populous tristate area) occurred early on, which was pre-vaccine.   My wife is in healthcare in NJ and it is very much back to business as usual.   There is no overcrowding or triage stacking going on here. 

Some states that didnt have as much of an initial spike experienced it later on, peri or post vaccine.  Some of these, though not all,  garnered a ton of attention this fall.  

Vaccines have been very successful at reducing duration of illness and length of hospital stay, however a great "unvaccinated stressor" on the healthcare system really just isnt occurring here ,nor in most regions. 

If you are talking monetary costs, then I'd say sure.  yes.  Being vaccinated saves money in terms of hospital costs.  But then should we not be exploring other $ inefficiencies?  If so, we'd surely be castigating overweight people, as illnesses associated with poor weight management are astronomical year in and year out.  I dont know anyone who is proposing that though.  If its about money, we should be though, right?  

For the record, I dont think we should be "othering" overweight people or unvaccinated people.   

Interesting topic.  

4 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Fewer deaths for sure.  I just read that there have been more deaths this year with 70% of the country (?) vaccinated than last year when no one was vaccinated.    I didnt look around to confirm if its true though. 

Wow that is shocking, but appears to be true (see below). 2021 still has a month to go, so the disparity will surely increase but it is a small difference, just 1000 more deaths (386,000 vs 385,000) in 2021. 

I hope that people are not drawing a correlation between more people being vaccinated and there being more deaths. Things have been quite different this year compared to last, with far more things open, far less mask wearing and social distancing. There are more deaths occurring in those states with lower vax rates, than ones with higher rates. Another change is more younger people dying compared to last year. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211122/us-covid-deaths-2021-surpass-2020-total

Wow. I just stumbled over to this section of the Huddle for the first time. 

Given 16 pages of opinions, what do y'all expect to achieve? Is there a goal or is it just arguing for sport? Being a FF site we're all obviously competitive so I assume it's the latter.

Has anyone changed their opinion based on anything presented here? I'm genuinely asking. I have close friends with strong opinions that differ greatly from mine and this late in the game I (and most of my peers) have stopped giving advice as it's typically not wanted or acted upon. 

• Haha 1

How fast are you doc?  0-60 in 3 seconds, 4?  :) Can you outrun Motorola?

The thread may be long, but there's not much real discussion and no most people are not convinced by others to change their views either way. Doesn't help when people talk about micro chips implanted by the government or other wild conspiracies. 

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

How fast are you doc?  0-60 in 3 seconds, 4?  :) Can you outrun Motorola?

The thread may be long, but there's not much real discussion and no most people are not convinced by others to change their views either way. Doesn't help when people talk about micro chips implanted by the government or other wild conspiracies. 

2.6 if you must know. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Has anyone changed their opinion based on anything presented here? 

Probably not.  I'm pretty sure someone tried really hard to argue with me when we weren't disagreeing with each other though. 

That was pretty neat.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:49 AM, 1fastdoc said:

2.6 if you must know. 

Im faster

( Mrs. Whomper) its true :sad: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, whomper said:

Im faster

( Mrs. Whomper) its true :sad: 

My condolences to Mrs. Whomper. 

• Haha 1

I mean this with all sincerity, these people can go (the really bad word) themselves...

"For the unvaccinated, you're looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourselves, your families and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm."

This bullmanure was posted on Whitehouse.gov. What a bunch of (the really bad word)ing arrogant, narcissistic, pompous, chalupas.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1