[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I bet you mask up, don't you Pelosi. Gotta do what they tell ya. 

Today I wore a mask into a 1 man barbershop.  I asked if he cared about it, he said no. I took my mask off while he cut my hair maskless.

Just got done drinking a beer at the local brewery. They prefer when people order pints at the bar, that people mask. So I masked.

I do these things because I respect people who operate their business and I'm not an insufferable dipmanure who views everything through a political lense.

Grow the F up, learn how to read. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Today I wore a mask into a 1 man barbershop.  I asked if he cared about it, he said no. I took my mask off while he cut my hair maskless.

Just got done drinking a beer at the local brewery. They prefer when people order pints at the bar, that people mask. So I masked.

I do these things because I respect people who operate their business and I'm not an insufferable dipmanure who views everything through a political lense.

I typically don't mask unless they have a sign requesting it. Almost no places here ask you to mask,  but I don't mind when they do.

6 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Very few places outside of medical facilities require (no admittance without it) a mask. When grocery stores put up signs again (fall?) requesting you wear them I started wearing mine again, initially so did most others, and since then its fluctuated with at least half wearing them most times. 

I got a haircut a few days before Christmas, when I'd be around more friends and family (including my brother who stays with me for over a week). They they didn't have a sign requesting masks, but I wore a mask primarily for my own safety. Some of the employees wore them, including the pregnant woman who cut my hair. She told me I didn't need to wear mine, and I said "no problem, for both our safeties I will". 

As you say, do it out of respect for those who are willing to work and keep their business open. But some are offended by masks, just seeing others wear them triggers something. Like their rights are being trampled or they're being shamed by it. NOBODY LIKES IT, but we are adults, not petulant children (some of them behave better than these mask criers) and should behave that way. Some of these fools (see the Sanders tweet posted and response) think we don't need masks, just have everybody running around so they get the virus. You know since nobody is going into the hospitals which are close to capacity, or dying from COVID. Certainly not the unvaccinated who are a large portion of the anti-masking contingent. 

But we're sheep, and they're the independent thinkers, real Americans and true patriots :rolleyes:

I work in a call center. I haven't been in office for 2 years. We had some technical problems and they asked 5 of us to work in office for 4 days. First of all, weird to be in a monster building with no people.

But they separated us by at least 2 cubicles and still made us wear masks while taking calls. We had to bring in our own mic.

Overkill

• Haha 1

My wife tested positive for the second time.  First time was in February of '21 and she felt pretty bad.  She is now double-vaxxed but got it again.  She works at Starbucks so she's around people a lot.  This time around she just had a scratchy throat, was somewhat fatigued for a day or two, and one afternoon felt kinda dizzy, although that could have been lack of iron / dehydration.  

Kids both double vaxxed and tested negative, although my son's test showed a very faint line on the "positive" line after 20-25 minutes.  The directions say check at 15 minutes... so... :shrug:

I'm double-vaxxed and boostered and negative as of last night.  As of 12/30 I've felt a little "off", but our weather's been screwy, which means my allergies are usually going crazy.

Hope you're feeling better, @loaf

Thanks. I have had a sore throat for all this week. Though it is getting fainter but I don't remember having one for this long. Also the cough's not going anywhere but it's not too bad. I've had hacking coughs and this is intermittent

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

My wife tested positive for the second time.  First time was in February of '21 and she felt pretty bad.  She is now double-vaxxed but got it again.  She works at Starbucks so she's around people a lot.  This time around she just had a scratchy throat, was somewhat fatigued for a day or two, and one afternoon felt kinda dizzy, although that could have been lack of iron / dehydration.  

Kids both double vaxxed and tested negative, although my son's test showed a very faint line on the "positive" line after 20-25 minutes.  The directions say check at 15 minutes... so... :shrug:

I'm double-vaxxed and boostered and negative as of last night.  As of 12/30 I've felt a little "off", but our weather's been screwy, which means my allergies are usually going crazy.

Hope you're feeling better, @loaf

I'm vaxxed, had Covid at 3 times that I know of. NEWSFLASH, the vaccines don't work. How can or why would you mandate a vaccine that doesn't work? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm vaxxed, had Covid at 3 times that I know of. NEWSFLASH, the vaccines don't work. How can or why would you mandate a vaccine that doesn't work? 

Why are you vaccinated if it doesn't work. Don't get any boosters ever, and keep getting COVID, lets see how that goes.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:
The Supreme Court blocked President Biden‘s OSHA mandate, which was blatantly and egregiously unconstitutional. The principle is simple: The president is not a king with the power to do whatever he wants regardless of the law and the facts.

I agree it was an overreach, and should have been stricken down. But spare us your fake outrage at Biden when you supported power hungry Trump. 

34 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Why are you vaccinated if it doesn't work. Don't get any boosters ever, and keep getting COVID, lets see how that goes.

I agree it was an overreach, and should have been stricken down. But spare us your fake outrage at Biden when you supported power hungry Trump. 

Wow, where did that hate come from? Did something trigger you? 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You're not dead,  are you?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chester said:

I work in a call center. I haven't been in office for 2 years. We had some technical problems and they asked 5 of us to work in office for 4 days. First of all, weird to be in a monster building with no people.

But they separated us by at least 2 cubicles and still made us wear masks while taking calls. We had to bring in our own mic.

Overkill

No, this is overkill.

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

Hope you're feeling better,

Hope y'all are feeling better soon. You may want to bring your son into a clinic to get a more accurate result. I think the at home test is fine,  but I wouldn't trust one alone with a positive or questionable test.

Funny,  as I was typing this I got a call from work saying one of the guys I work, his wife tested positive today,  but he tested negative. I was in the office with him Monday and yesterday,  so I'll keep an eye out for symptoms. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Does everyone die who gets Covid? That's the narrative right? 

No,  but many more die that are unvaccinated than those that are vaccinated. The data suggest that the vaccine works to a good degree,  even if it doesn't prevent you from contacting it as well as we were led to believe. 

Edited by rajncajn

Well, trying to be the responsible guy I decided to take the at-home test I have. What a pain. It makes you download an app for instructions and then won't allow you to proceed without connecting to the test via Bluetooth and turning on location services. Then I go to connect to the test and get this:

Screenshot_20220113-175911.thumb.jpg.09f6964c22a39a4b53bcbdcf5e8d50c9.jpg

15 hours ago, rajncajn said:

No,  but many more die that are unvaccinated than those that are vaccinated. That Rothschild suggest that the vaccine works to a good degree,  even if it doesn't prevent you from contacting it as well as we were led to believe. 

Thank you being a voice of reason, but LC will now label you a sheep (already has "you're one of them"). 

His constant stupid posting here is what I hear regularly all over the place. People who spread lies "the vaccine was supposed to prevent us from getting the COVID, but it doesn't so it doesn't work". He clearly listens to too much right wing rhetoric, not even extreme stuff this is main stream from Fox to many in the GOP.