[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

57 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not just any journalist you've never heard of, but "a Brainwashed NY Times Leftists" so I'm sure the story is totally unbiased and worth reading....NOT

Next thing you know anti vaxxers will be drinking urine to own the brainwashed libs.  

• 2 weeks later...

NC man won't get vaccinated in order to get a kidney transplant, he's rather "die free" :rolleyes:  :crazy: 

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/i-will-die-free-unvaccinated-burke-county-man-denied-kidney-transplant-by-hospital/OJGAFURR4FGERJB7VT24P5RED4/

Yes dialysis 3 times a week, you sure look free doing that. Why are you trusting that part of medicine but not the vaccine?

"I was born free I'll die free"  but in between I listened to medical professionals, had artificial legs, and other surgeries. I was even vaccinated as a kid in order to attend school (or did NC not do that, I had heard those were part of going to school all across the US). 

Now cue the CONs telling us how the death panels are in action and are killing this guy for not getting the vaccine. 

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

NC man won't get vaccinated in order to get a kidney transplant, he's rather "die free" :rolleyes:  :crazy: 

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/i-will-die-free-unvaccinated-burke-county-man-denied-kidney-transplant-by-hospital/OJGAFURR4FGERJB7VT24P5RED4/

Yes dialysis 3 times a week, you sure look free doing that. Why are you trusting that part of medicine but not the vaccine?

"I was born free I'll die free"  but in between I listened to medical professionals, had artificial legs, and other surgeries. I was even vaccinated as a kid in order to attend school (or did NC not do that, I had heard those were part of going to school all across the US). 

Now cue the CONs telling us how the death panels are in action and are killing this guy for not getting the vaccine. 

The con is that they are denying him a (the really bad word)ing kidney transplant over a (the really bad word)ing vaccine. I don't think the guy is a hero or anything for his decision, but seriously... I'd sue the hell out of them & hope that if he dies as a result they get a boatload of cash from it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

The con is that they are denying him a (the really bad word)ing kidney transplant over a (the really bad word)ing vaccine. I don't think the guy is a hero or anything for his decision, but seriously... I'd sue the hell out of them & hope that if he dies as a result they get a boatload of cash from it.

Getting a transplant has many rules, including taking all kinds of vaccines. They are not DENYING him anything, he is not willing to follow the rules.

If they sue isn't it just a big cash grab to get rich of his death? 

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Getting a transplant has many rules, including taking all kinds of vaccines. They are not DENYING him anything, he is not willing to follow the rules.

If they sue isn't it just a big cash grab to get rich of his death? 

Vaccines are a recommendation, not a requirement. So, yes, by refusing to perform the surgery unless he gets a Covid vaccine they are in fact denying him the surgery.

14 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Vaccines are a recommendation, not a requirement. So, yes, by refusing to perform the surgery unless he gets a Covid vaccine they are in fact denying him the surgery.

Who said that? Transplants are not just a simple surgery, you need to be on the list and approved. Part of that is making sure the person receiving the transplant has the best possible chance of surviving and making good use of the new organ. That includes being vaccinated. 

Let his family sue if they like, that's part of our system in this country. Its just a cash grab.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Getting a transplant has many rules, including taking all kinds of vaccines. They are not DENYING him anything, he is not willing to follow the rules

What rules? I'm not sure how it works but do you have to be vaccinated for Chicken Pox or The Flu as well? If not why would Covid be any different? 

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Who said that? Transplants are not just a simple surgery, you need to be on the list and approved. Part of that is making sure the person receiving the transplant has the best possible chance of surviving and making good use of the new organ. That includes being vaccinated.

What the hell difference does it make if he's vaccinated or not? You're crazy! 

Rules are rules, they apply to everybody including those who don't believe in the vaccine. The place he wants to have the transplant done REQUIRES vaccination for COVID, in order to have the best chance of success and not waste that donated organ on a more risky case. I bet the persons over all health and other factors are used to decide who gets a transplant. 

He is welcome to try and find another transplant center that doesn't have these rules, that is what the facility told him. 

Next up, the CONS will tell us these are death panels....or just insult others and tell them they are crazy. Or cling to old stuff about the vaccines being only approved for emergency use.

US Army is last branch of the military to start discharging soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated.

Cue the anti-vax folks and freedom fighters to tell us "what about their freedom", nevermind that being in the military requires following many orders you may not like. But YOU agreed to that when you enlisted. Not to mention that military life has included taking vaccines   in the past,

Now for a rebuttal from the 3 musketeers...

"but this one is different its emergency use only, experimental and more deadly than the virus."   "UNFAIR"  "Damn liberal commies working for Biden"

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077625142/u-s-army-covid-vaccination

Some numbers before people claim this leaves us woefully unprepared as a military

96% of active duty are fully vaccinated, 3350 have refused to be vaccinated, 5900 have received temporary exemptions

that would mean 9250 who are not vaccinated out of 231,250, with just about 1.5% of that total getting discharged. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

about their freedom", nevermind that being in the military requires following many orders you may not like. But YOU agreed to that when you enlisted. Not to mention that military life has included taking vaccines   in the past,

What would you know about military life? You've never fought for a dam thing. 

Edited by League_Champion
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

US Army is last branch of the military to start discharging soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated.

Cue the anti-vax folks and freedom fighters to tell us "what about their freedom", nevermind that being in the military requires following many orders you may not like. But YOU agreed to that when you enlisted. Not to mention that military life has included taking vaccines   in the past,

Now for a rebuttal from the 3 musketeers...

"but this one is different its emergency use only, experimental and more deadly than the virus."   "UNFAIR"  "Damn liberal commies working for Biden"

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077625142/u-s-army-covid-vaccination

Some numbers before people claim this leaves us woefully unprepared as a military

96% of active duty are fully vaccinated, 3350 have refused to be vaccinated, 5900 have received temporary exemptions

that would mean 9250 who are not vaccinated out of 231,250, with just about 1.5% of that total getting discharged. 

I've stepped away from this thread and plan to no longer comment. But, I'll say this one last time since you decided to drag me into your pissing match...

I have been and will continue to be a proponent of the vaccine. I think I've made that abundantly clear on numerous occasions. What I am not a proponent of is vaccine mandates of any form. What the military does is their own business and a separate matter altogether.

37 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I've stepped away from this thread and plan to no longer comment. But, I'll say this one last time since you decided to drag me into your pissing match...

I have been and will continue to be a proponent of the vaccine. I think I've made that abundantly clear on numerous occasions. What I am not a proponent of is vaccine mandates of any form. What the military does is their own business and a separate matter altogether.

How did I drag you into it? Where did I mention your name?  Remember "thinks I'm trolling him but I'm not" ???

Well at least you agree that the military has a right to require their soldiers to do things, bravo.

Edited by stevegrab
  • Sad 1

"What I am not a proponent of is vaccine mandates of any form."

I will forever be confused by people who think private businesses shouldn't reserve the right to have vaccine policy because of freedom.  

Libertarians against free market principles is a real thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

"What I am not a proponent of is vaccine mandates of any form."

I will forever be confused by people who think private businesses shouldn't reserve the right to have vaccine policy because of freedom.  

Libertarians against free market principles is a real thing.

Don't schools have vaccine requirements? Pretty sure they existed when I was younger. I know, those against any requirement for COVID vaccines will claim those were safe and not experimental.

• Sad 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:10 PM, LordOpie said:

I asked them how they can believe in gun control -and- the holocaust?

That is a condundrum, isn't it?  I'll give it a shot though....

Jewish folks, on account of being Jewish, are generally going to be informed on the credible causes of the holocaust despite what you may see in a meme.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2015/oct/26/ben-carson/fact-checking-ben-carson-nazi-guns/

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

There does not have to be a conspiracy for one to have questions about vaccines... Or anything. You simply have to acknowledge that humans make mistakes.

50 MILLION Doses Of 'Vaccine Recalled 

https://twitter.com/unhealthytruth/status/1492258234698248192

You do realize this happened over a year ago? And despite that you really want to believe Erin the Health Nut on Twitter, they weren't 'recalled.'

The vaccine was in trials and caused a false HIV positive so research and development was discontinued out of an abundance of caution.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55269381

This isn't making the point you thought it is.  It's shows how prescriptive and deliberate the trial process is before vaccines reach approval and make it to the market.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 7:02 PM, Bobby Brown said:

You do realize this happened over a year ago? And despite that you really want to believe Erin the Health Nut on Twitter, they weren't 'recalled.'

The vaccine was in trials and caused a false HIV positive so research and development was discontinued out of an abundance of caution.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55269381

This isn't making the point you thought it is.  It's shows how prescriptive and deliberate the trial process is before vaccines reach approval and make it to the market.

Why do you even waste your time trying to explain things to a couple of folks on here.  :shrug: