[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

There seems to be a political divide.

I'm curious on two questions...

Do you support vax mandate?

Are you repub, dem, or third party?

(I'm going to lump all other parties as third :p)

Don't support the mandate, not party affiliated. Have voted for both parties and third party as well.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:37 AM, LordOpie said:

I'm not back, this is for @rajncajn cuz he seems interested... Really, you can just scroll down to the chart

Ivermectin Wins in India

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/indias-ivermectin-blackout

I don't know if it actually works, but I honestly hope they are looking for treatments and not just relying on the vaccine to get rid of this thing. The one thing that I've heard about Ivermectin is that it's generic and very cheap. If it's found out that someone has been suppressing a medication simply because they can't make much money off it then there should be hell to pay and I mean that literally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now that Trump is gone the Dems need a new Boogey Man. So the unvaccinated superspreader murders are up next. Not the 500,000 undocumented, unvaccinated immigrants that Biden has let in, nope not them. Not Biden's handling of the economy, inflation or Afghanistan. It's the evil baby killing Superspreaders. By the way, they are Pro-abortion. Go figure. 

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Now that Trump is gone the Dems need a new Boogey Man. So the unvaccinated superspreader murders are up next. Not the 500,000 undocumented, unvaccinated immigrants that Biden has let in, nope not them. Not Biden's handling of the economy, inflation or Afghanistan. It's the evil baby killing Superspreaders. By the way, they are Pro-abortion. Go figure. 

Not sure this is the place for political narrative bias, but to stay on topic - from what I've researched, the increased transmission rates of the delta variant isn't tied to immigration.  It is tied to this being more easily spreadable and more contagious than the initial variant of this virus that was making it's rounds last year.  Viruses adapt and morph into different variants as they advance - that's proven science.  A majority of what is spreading it is these whackos who think the government is trying to 'experiment' with population control or 'chip' the people getting vaccinated.  The way I see it (as I stated in an earlier post), if you choose to play russian roulette with YOUR life (not you specifically LC), welp - your body, your choice.  But don't put the lives of the people who CAN NOT get the vaccine at risk cause of your own political agenda or selfishness.  

Think of it this way - I'm armed with an assault rifle with what you believe are blanks, but I didn't load all the rounds myself, and I don't know if any of them are live rounds or if they're all truly blanks.  Would you want me coming into your house, blindfolded, and then taking target practice?  Didn't think so.  It's a two-way street.  

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Not sure this is the place for political narrative bias, but to stay on topic - from what I've researched, the increased transmission rates of the delta variant isn't tied to immigration.  It is tied to this being more easily spreadable and more contagious than the initial variant of this virus that was making it's rounds last year.  Viruses adapt and morph into different variants as they advance - that's proven science.  A majority of what is spreading it is these whackos who think the government is trying to 'experiment' with population control or 'chip' the people getting vaccinated.  The way I see it (as I stated in an earlier post), if you choose to play russian roulette with YOUR life (not you specifically LC), welp - your body, your choice.  But don't put the lives of the people who CAN NOT get the vaccine at risk cause of your own political agenda or selfishness.  

Think of it this way - I'm armed with an assault rifle with what you believe are blanks, but I didn't load all the rounds myself, and I don't know if any of them are live rounds or if they're all truly blanks.  Would you want me coming into your house, blindfolded, and then taking target practice?  Didn't think so.  It's a two-way street.  

I tend to agree. While I still think illegal immigration is still a huge issue,  in the grand scheme of things is just a blip on the Covid meter. 

As you all may remember, I'm a FEMA cert Continuity of Government against pandemics and infectious diseases SME. My girlfriend works for one of the pharmaceutical companies that develop one of the vaccines. I have received both Moderna shots back in April. I just skimmed this thread. If there are any questions or confusion about all of this, just respond to this post and I'll do my best to answer it. But keep in mind, my replies won't be political. it will be neutral and as factual as possible.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cliaz said:

As you all may remember, I'm a FEMA cert Continuity of Government against pandemics and infectious diseases SME. My girlfriend works for one of the pharmaceutical companies that develop one of the vaccines. I have received both Moderna shots back in April. I just skimmed this thread. If there are any questions or confusion about all of this, just respond to this post and I'll do my best to answer it. But keep in mind, my replies won't be political. it will be neutral and as factual as possible.  

Good to see you around. Love that you'd answer questions and keep the political stuff out of it or to a minimum. Hope all is well. 

17 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

When a leaky vaccine vaccinated person gets infected with that strain they don't die, but they keep spreading it at the normal rate. Now when the virus eventually escapes the vaccine with a new mutation, and it will for any enveloped RNA virus, it does so already holding that more deadly mutation and it hits everyone at full force both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Good luck. The Huddle in house scientists are going to have fun with this one. 

I don't know if it makes me more or less uncomfortable than DMD was when you posted this in the wrong thread.   

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

like I said, people would rather deflect than ask questions. 

but I don't care if y'all take the vax or open your eyes. I just want to say "I told you so!" next year :yay:

I can't wait for the booster!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, Shorttynaz said:

I won't sit here and preach that people should get vaccinated - after all, your body, your choice, but I do have a close friend who works in the medical field and has been telling me that she has firsthand experience in not only admitting people coming down with the Delta variant into the hospital (per her words - 98% of them are unvaccinated), but worse than that, she is responsible for delivering the news to some of these people's families that their loved one succumbed to this variant and didn't make it.  Gut-wrenching for sure.  She said the most common request she gets from the people she admits is "just give me the damn vaccine then."  Unfortunately - at that point, it's too late.  She said the ONLY good that comes out of it is generally the family members who are initially upset with her - like it's her fault that their loved one (and themselves) choose not to get the vaccine but ultimately paid the price - she said that as unfortunate as it is, this is what it will take for some of these anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists to change their mind.  

The fact that even a few people, let alone many, say this to medical workers tells me they are beyond misinformed about the vaccine.

Reminds me of an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, where John Lithgow's car is in an accident, and he tells the insurance agent he wants to buy insurance now, when told it doesn't work that way he says "But I didn't need it before." 

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

like I said, people would rather deflect than ask questions. 

but I don't care if y'all take the vax or open your eyes. I just want to say "I told you so!" next year :yay:

How dare you make a mockery it. Little Johnny can't get his overbite fixed because the Healthcare Heros are busy saving lives! For God's sake there are makeshift morgues in every parking lot. And this is funny to you?

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The fact that even a few people, let alone many, say this to medical workers tells me they are beyond misinformed about the vaccine.

Reminds me of an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, where John Lithgow's car is in an accident, and he tells the insurance agent he wants to buy insurance now, when told it doesn't work that way he says "But I didn't need it before." 

If that's true that's just insane!  I think it's gotta be a matter of desperation, people can't be that stupid to not know how vaccinations work. 

On 8/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, rajncajn said:

I tend to agree. While I still think illegal immigration is still a huge issue,  in the grand scheme of things is just a blip on the Covid meter. 

It is just another boogeyman for the many on the right, blaming illegals for problems is easy, and Trump made it even more popular.

People refusing to get vaccinated and still going about daily life are the real spreaders. That is why schools want to mandate masks for the kids, since those under 12 cannot be vaccinated, and many won't bother to wear masks without a requirement, which makes sending kids back to school extremely dangerous. Some governors are making mask mandates impossible, illegal and punishable. Here in Ohio Gov. DeWine went on TV and told schools to require masks. What a difference, and sure to draw the ire of many on the right, he's already a target and called a RINO and the GOP controlled legislature has tried to stop him from doing anything about the pandemic.  

Sorry to get political, but it is impossible to separate from some of the basic issues, like mask requirements. 

23 minutes ago, irish said:

I can't wait for the booster!

Me too, and I don't revel in the unvaccinated dying, nor do I look forward to telling them I told them so. What a despicable thing to post, but not surprising from the lord of dopes.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

It is just another boogeyman for the many on the right, blaming illegals for problems is easy, and Trump made it even more popular.

People refusing to get vaccinated and still going about daily life are the real spreaders. That is why schools want to mandate masks for the kids, since those under 12 cannot be vaccinated, and many won't bother to wear masks without a requirement, which makes sending kids back to school extremely dangerous. Some governors are making mask mandates impossible, illegal and punishable. Here in Ohio Gov. DeWine went on TV and told schools to require masks. What a difference, and sure to draw the ire of many on the right, he's already a target and called a RINO and the GOP controlled legislature has tried to stop him from doing anything about the pandemic.  

Sorry to get political, but it is impossible to separate from some of the basic issues, like mask requirements. 

I don't know about other states,  but Mississippi is heavily criticized for it's Covid policies,  yet rather than mandate they provide the info,  make suggestions and let people,  business owners and schools decide for themselves. Pretty much every school that I know of here has masks and follows specific covid protocols. So you tell me,  do you think that is dangerous to let the people,  businesses and schools decide for themselves?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you're going to be one of the first in your area to suffer from ADEs and you won't believe it until it's too late, lol at you.

Wow, you just told him he's going to suffer from something and then laughed at him. Kind of rough even if he called you Lord of Dopes.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Yup. Don't care. 

Well alright. Sometimes, you feel what you feel and say what you say. 

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

True.

What do you do when you try to share info that you feel is valuable and no one wants to even consider it?

At this point, I'm just going to laugh and say "i told you so". 

Enjoy your injured immune system.

What if i told you that there was a solution?

What if people consider it and feel they also have info that is valuable and make decisions that are different than ones you would make. I disagree with you on things but I'm not going to laugh at you or tell you told you so when I'm right. I'll just hope that, even you didn't agree or listen to my informed decision or advice and made a different decision, that you don't suffer severely. Being agitated that someone doesn't listen to you (especially about a disease we're still learning about), then throwing your hands up in the air and waiting for the day when they suffer a serious illness, which you can then laugh at them for, isn't the best way to go imo, even if you don't like them. 

It's freedom of choice, which you believe in and want for all, yet you're ticked off and say mean things when people choose differently than you do?

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

I don't know about other states,  but Mississippi is heavily criticized for it's Covid policies,  yet rather than mandate they provide the info,  make suggestions and let people,  business owners and schools decide for themselves. Pretty much every school that I know of here has masks and follows specific covid protocols. So you tell me,  do you think that is dangerous to let the people,  businesses and schools decide for themselves?

No, but I do think it is dangerous for the governors in TX and FL to ban mask mandates by local government including school boards, and to threaten them with legal action and withholding their funding for paying employees. I also think it is silly for the Gov of Mississippi to say they believe in freedom, not science (not his exact words, but the basic meaning).

From what I've heard Louisiana is doing better than others around them. Heck New Orleans is among the most safe with guidelines rivaling SF and NY (vaccines or negative test to do things like attending Saints game). 

12 minutes ago, irish said:

It's freedom of choice

Is it really though? Is it freedom of choice if you have to get it to go anywhere or do anything? If you're shamed or ridiculed into getting a vaccine is it really by choice? I chose to get vaccinated because I was traveling a lot at the time, but I would never shame anyone or call them names because they aren't comfortable getting it. Their body, their choice. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, irish said:

Wow, you just told him he's going to suffer from something and then laughed at him. Kind of rough even if he called you Lord of Dopes.

I called him that after he said he looks forward to telling all us people who "got the jab" I told you so, and the dancing banana. Basically celebrating that we get sick, or worse.  A really low and callous thing, even for him. 

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I called him that after he said he looks forward to telling all us people who "got the jab" I told you so, and the dancing banana. Basically celebrating that we get sick, or worse.  A really low and callous thing, even for him. 

He didn't mean it. It's an emotional topic. Everyone is fired up. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Is it really though? Is it freedom of choice if you have to get it to go anywhere or do anything? If you're shamed or ridiculed into getting a vaccine is it really by choice? I chose to get vaccinated because I was traveling a lot at the time, but I would never shame anyone or call them names because they aren't comfortable getting it. Their body, their choice. 

Yes it really is a choice. If you want to do certain things you need it. None of those things are basic rights like water, air, food, shelter. You can even vote without being vaccinated. And some places require a vaccine or a negative test, that seems like a perfectly acceptable option. Don't want to get vaccinated, just have the test and prove you're not currently a carrier. (Yes I know the vaccinated can be carriers as well.)