[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

The claim that 15,000 have died to due the vaccine is fake news and irresponsible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/

Edited by Trojanmojo

24 minutes ago, Trojanmojo said:

The claim that 15,000 have died to due the vaccine is fake news and irresponsible.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/

We know it's fake news being pushed politically by one side of the agenda. 

This article below says the number of US deaths directly related to the vaccine is 3... that's right, just 3. So let's pretend vaccines are bad for you, keep believing in the garbage being fed from one side and keep dying at a far greater rate, while continuing to endanger thousands of others with irresponsibility and ignorance of the blatant scientific proof. 

https://covid-101.org/science/how-many-people-have-died-from-the-vaccine-in-the-u-s/

27 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Are you uncomfortable knowing that's not true?

Some people only see what they want to see. You can't sit here and cry about the non-vaccinated when you're spreading it at the same rate as anyone else. Stop pretending to be holier than thou. If someone doesn't want a shot, so what? It's their body, their choice. If they die, told ya so. 

31 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

We all have our sources. I think 15,000 is a massive under reporting. You think differently. That's fine

But... How do we really know when the gov, fda, cdc won't do legit investigations.

On the cdc's own website, they have reports of 7000 deaths, but immediately follow that up with... Well, we don't really know!?!

Why do you feel that it's an acceptable philosophy?

Don't you think they should know?

I'm am genuinely confused why you guys are okay with incomplete info? 

Would truth and facts make you uncomfortable?

If you have ADEs, would you want to know?

What I know is that the people I happen to know who are intimately involved in vaccine creation and how it actually works, have explained to me how it works and why it's safe, with the exception of rare cases. They know more than you and me combined and that's good enough for me. ADE is rare. I just don't understand why people wouldn't get vaccinated, just the same as you probably want to know why they would.  Freedom of choice, unfortunately in this case, the freedom of choice not to get it, actually negatively effects, infringes on and hurts other people. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Some people only see what they want to see. You can't sit here and cry about the non-vaccinated when you're spreading it at the same rate as anyone else. Stop pretending to be holier than thou. If someone doesn't want a shot, so what? It's their body, their choice. If they die, told ya so. 

That's exactly the same problem you have as well. Both sides have it. The only difference is, I'll trust the science and take the safer option. The problem is if someone doesn't want the shot, they get sick and then get others sick, possibly killing them. So, so what?  That's a big deal!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irish said:

If they were just being ignorant and only hurting themselves, then I wouldn't give 2 sheets.

This.  And the cool conspiracy kids are also unnecessary taxing limited resources and severely anchoring society as a whole.  I don't know how anyone with more than a couple brain cells isn't aware of that.

Screenshot_20210829-083717_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Bobby Brown

1 minute ago, irish said:

That's exactly the same problem you have as well. Both sides have it. The only difference is, I'll trust the science and take the safer option. The problem is if someone doesn't want the shot, they get sick and then get others sick, possibly killing them. So, so what?  That's a big deal!

I'm not sure of your point  VACCINATED PEOPLE SPREAD IT AT THE SAME RATE. Vaccinated or not we're all spreading it.  I think you're missing my point. I'm vaccinated and have had Corona twice. I'm on both sides of this. I wish that everyone would get vaccinated, but who the hell am I to tell anyone what to do with their bodies? 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

This.  And the cool conspiracy kids are also unnecessary taxing limited resources and severely anchoring society as a whole.  I don't know how anyone with more than a couple brain cells isn't aware of that.

Screenshot_20210829-083717_Facebook.jpg

So they die, Isn't that what you want anyhow? It's only white trash, Trump supporting bible thumping "cool conspiracy kids" in the deep South who aren't getting vaccinated. Not African Americans, Blacks, Hispanics or Asians. 

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure of your point  VACCINATED PEOPLE SPREAD IT AT THE SAME RATE. 

Did you actually read the Nature article you posted?  Because all of the studies referred to in that article don't point to that conclusion.

And here are some results of a newer study concluded this summer:

• When compared with two unvaccinated people, the risk of transmission drops to 62% when the infected person is vaccinated.
  • The decrease is 85% when the high risk contact is vaccinated.
  • And when both people are vaccinated, researchers observed 90% less risk of infection.

https://today.rtl.lu/news/science-and-environment/a/1778227.html

Edited by Bobby Brown

Certainly not surprising to me that someone who has a PhD in underwater basket weaving may be an anti vaxxer.  Of course the more telling statistic is that 96% of medical physicians are vaccinated again Covid.  

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/study-finds-96-of-physicians-are-vaccinated-for-covid-19

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Of course the more telling statistic is that 96% of medical physicians are vaccinated again Covid

Of course they are. They were told they have to get vaccinated or they lose their job. It's mandatory, what's the telling stat? And underwater basket weavers probably makes a lot more $$$ than you do. Are you still in the Mother In Law's basement? 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure of your point  VACCINATED PEOPLE SPREAD IT AT THE SAME RATE. Vaccinated or not we're all spreading it.  I think you're missing my point. I'm vaccinated and have had Corona twice. I'm on both sides of this. I wish that everyone would get vaccinated, but who the hell am I to tell anyone what to do with their bodies? 

Even with vaccinated people spreading it, if you get the vaccine, you are far less likely to suffer severe illness and/or die.  That alone should make anyone get vaccinated, even considering the risk of ADE or the issues from getting the vaccine. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Of course they are. They were told they have to get vaccinated or they lose their job

By the end of May around 25% of hospital workers were still unvaccinated and not all facilities have instituted a vaccine policy.  The study showed most of physcians got their vaccines early on well before any of the hospitals were requiring vaccinations for workers and before they were available to the public.

Are you incapable of reading or is it just the thinking part?

Edited by Bobby Brown

On 8/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, irish said:

This and not getting vaxxed are the epitome of ignorance. My wife and I are vaxxed and wear masks not only when we go out anywhere or if people outside our bubble come to our house, (ie. hiring a dog walker for when we return to teaching).

I admit I have not been wearing a mask much since I got vaccinated, and since the requirements to wear them have been dropped. But I am also single and don't spend much time around anybody else that I would be putting at risk if I were a carrier.

But what gets me is those people saying that being vaccinated is worse, causing more spread, basically arguing that nobody should be vaccinated. I doubt those saying these things think everybody should be wearing masks, considering their constant ridicule of those who wear masks and any labeling of any government body or business that issues a mask requirement as being communists and taking away their rights. 

And some of our resident chalupas with their constant spreading of lies, calling the vaccine a game of Russian roulette. They act like more people have died from the vaccine than the virus "those who died from the virus were mostly old and already sick and would have died from the flu anyway". God the ignorance is mind numbing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I loved reading yesterday that DeSantis wants parents to make the "medical decisions " for their kids to wear a mask.  Will they now allow parents to make a medical decision about seatbelts as well?

Overturning public smoking laws will probably follow that, got to have those freedoms. 

Did you really just quote your own post!!!!

Lmao

People still die wearing seatbelts, babies are still born after using condoms I guess we should rid ourselves of those things too.  And people die of other things then cancer after smoking for 50 years so obviously they are also safe,in addition to seatbelts and condoms being useless. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

According to who those that believe the virus is a hoax, the vaccine a government conspiracy and the other lies being spread? 

Have they been truthful about anything? We have a proven prophylaxis and several therapies for Covid yet most states can't use them. Stop watching CNN and open your dam eyes. If you send me another useless Lib written article I'm going to die. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LordOpie said:

The only way the heavy-pro-vax people can deal with this is by labeling vax-hesitant or vax-pro-choice as conspiracy theorists.

Most of us on the choice side just want people to ask questions and know it's okay to ask.

You and i agree on this... It's okay to ask questions... And you took it and i haven't.

The extremists want to ignore those in the middle or they become uncomfortable.

I know, I'm done. You can't have a discussion with these Libtards. They really believe the crap they read and see on CNN. They are puppets who can't think for themselves. Everything that's happening RIGHT NOW is somehow Trump's fault. Biden should be on trial right now for how he handled Afghanistan, but NOPE it's Trump's fault. The A-Hole was Vice President for 8 years of a 20 year war and did NOTHING to end it while in office, Trump's fault. 

• Thanks 1