irish

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

The intellectual and cognitive disconnect is concerning...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/05/10/flu-cases-historically-low-during-covid-what-expect-fall/7088318002/

Public health and clinical laboratories reported 2,038 flu cases during the season from Sept. 27, 2020, to April 24, 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency estimated about 38 million people were sick with the flu during the 2019-2020 season.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, rajncajn said:

Do your own homework and stop regurgitating political talking points. You want to know when Trump got his shot? Go look it up. You want to know when he advocated for the vaccine? Go look it up. You want to know when he pushed for its development? Go look it up. If you want to refute something I said, don't make me do the legwork for you. Go find the actual scientific studies on mask effectiveness rather than garbage the CDC has on their site about asking hairdressers their opinion and talking to a bunch of sailors on a navy ship.

Way to completely skip over your false statements from the prior discussions. Don't even bother to acknowledge how you have mischaracterized this discussion. 

Yes do my own research, I have and it says masks are helpful. You don't believe that, so I guess the discussion is over.  

As for stopping to regurgitate political talking points, you mean like "Go find the actual scientific studies on mask effectiveness rather than garbage the CDC has on their site about asking hairdressers their opinion and talking to a bunch of sailors on a navy ship."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

As for stopping to regurgitate political talking points

Can you imagine the heat if Trump was still in office though? It would somehow be all his fault. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Yes do my own research, I have and it says masks are helpful. You don't believe that, so I guess the discussion is over.  

Remember when only M95 masks worked, then we needed filters, then we needed charcoal filters, then eye protection, etc. Nobody knows Steve, the CDC screwed this up so bad it's not even funny. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

And will they apologize to him when they realize th protocols are wrong?

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

And will they apologize to him when they realize th protocols are wrong?

Of course not. The hypocrites in here whip up on Beasley not Lamar Jackson or the numerous others (mostly blacks & African Americans) who don't want to get vaccinated. Beasley is an easy target, he's white. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Of course not. The hypocrites in here whip up on Beasley not Lamar Jackson or the numerous others (mostly blacks & African Americans) who don't want to get vaccinated. Beasley is an easy target, he's white. 

interesting thought. I think you might be right

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

And he's been very vocal about it. Maybe I've just missed it but has Lamar been as obnoxious about it. 

Was an an Eagles concert last night, which was amazing, and Don Henley gets on the mic in between songs and thx everyone for doing their part and getting vaccinated. Then he puts it perfectly by saying, "With freedom comes great responsibility..." getting vaccinated, while being a choice, is showing respect for family, friends, neighbors and fellow concert goers.  We'll said Don and what a great message to send, unfortunately, he's was preaching to the choir as everyone there was vaxxed. 

Side note, Joe Walsh was hysterical when he came on the mic and said he had more fun performing when he was in his 20s, back in the 70s than being in his 70s now, in the 20s.  But hell we're still gonna give it a go and have some fun!

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, irish said:

And he's been very vocal about it. Maybe I've just missed it but has Lamar been a obnoxious about it. 

But why should him being vocal about it change anything? The outcome is the same. Wouldn't you prefer him to be honest? I don't necessarily agree with him but I do think it's refreshing. I'd have more respectful for Lamar if he just came out and said he thinks it's all bullmanure. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, irish said:

And he's been very vocal about it. Maybe I've just missed it but has Lamar been a obnoxious about it. 

Was an an Eagles concert last night, which was amazing, and Don Henley gets on the mic in between songs and thx everyone for doing their part and getting vaccinated. Then he puts it perfectly by saying, "With freedom comes great responsibility..." getting vaccinated, while being a choice, is showing respect for family, friends, neighbors and fellow concert goers.  We'll said Don and what a great message to send, unfortunately, he's was preaching to the choir as everyone there was vaxxed. 

Side note, Joe Walsh was hysterical when he came on the mic and said he had more fun performing when he was in his 20s, back in the 70s than being in his 70s now, in the 20s.  But hell we're still gonna give it a go and have some fun!

Walsh was rarely sober performing in the old days :) 

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

But why should him being vocal about it change anything? The outcome is the same. Wouldn't you prefer him to be honest? I don't necessarily agree with him but I do think it's refreshing. I'd have more respectful for Lamar if he just came out and said he thinks it's all bullmanure. 

Not saying they should or shouldn't be vocal, just simply stating that one has been and I wasn't sure if the other was or wasn't. And maybe some jump on Beasley because of the way he's gone about things and not because he's white. 

Edited by irish

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Walsh was rarely sober performing in the old days :) 

He didn't look sober last night either but he's incredible!

9 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

16413.jpeg

How mature.  Did they also yell and shout nasty things at the school board members like I've seen happen many times. The heat here is so bad this week that many schools without AC are closing because they need the spacing and cannot put more kids into the "cooler rooms", plus wearing masks gets more annoying in the heat. 

Here in Ohio many universities are already requiring vaccination, or negative tests. The state (GOP controlled) legislature already neutered the governor's ability to have any kind of mask mandate, and also tried to prevent schools from doing anything like a vaccine mandate. But they passed that with language that meant once the vaccine is approved for general use a mandate is allowed. A few smaller universities (Case Western Reserve and Cleveland State) in Cleveland had them, OSU board approved one yesterday. I heard that made something like 8-9 of the BIG10 schools with that in place. 

Ohio also hit a milestone, 60% of those 12 and over have now had at least their first shot of the vaccine. Still a far cry from what is needed for herd immunity, but getting there, and having Pfizer (others coming soon) approved for general use means more people will be comfortable with the vaccine, and more businesses and institutions may feel it is reasonable to require them for those who they employ or serve. 

Edited by stevegrab

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

How mature.  Did they also yell and shout nasty things at the school board members like I've seen happen many times. The heat here is so bad this week that many schools without AC are closing because they need the spacing and cannot put more kids into the "cooler rooms", plus wearing masks gets more annoying in the heat. 

Here in Ohio many universities are already requiring vaccination, or negative tests. The state (GOP controlled) legislature already neutered the governor's ability to have any kind of mask mandate, and also tried to prevent schools from doing anything like a vaccine mandate. But they passed that with language that meant once the vaccine is approved for general use a mandate is allowed. A few smaller universities (Case Western Reserve and Cleveland State) in Cleveland had them, OSU board approved one yesterday. I heard that made something like 8-9 of the BIG10 schools with that in place. 

Ohio also hit a milestone, 60% of those 12 and over have now had at least their first shot of the vaccine. Still a far cry from what is needed for herd immunity, but getting there, and having Pfizer (others coming soon) approved for general use means more people will be comfortable with the vaccine, and more businesses and institutions may feel it is reasonable to require them for those who they employ or serve. 

I was just pointing out the space helmet. That kicks ass. 

6 hours ago, irish said:

Not saying they should or shouldn't be vocal, just simply stating that one has been and I wasn't sure if the other was or wasn't. And maybe some jump on Beasley because of the way he's gone about things and not because he's white. 

This.  Beasley is clearly getting more attention on this as he's purposely drawing attention to it more than anyone else.  He's even used at least one training camp presser to draw more attention to it.

Not surprising to see Snooki and Karen play the victim card and race card with an inability to notice clear consequences of one's personal actions though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not surprising to see Snooki and Karen play the victim card and race card with an inability to notice clear consequences of one's personal actions though.

Yeah, shocking to see this board's resident turdballs have these opinions.  

I happily got the vaccine.  The technology has been around for a decade-plus.  

I had a sore arm and a little fogginess the day of my first shot.  Somewhat sore arm after the second.

I ditched the mask indoors for a month or so, but once Delta reared its ugly head I've gone back to masking in certain situations.  Most of my socializing takes place outdoors.

I have been traveling, and masks are required in airports and on planes.  Meh.  I get it.  Too bad others simply don't and won't ever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, shocking to see this board's resident turdballs have these opinions.  

I happily got the vaccine.  The technology has been around for a decade-plus.  

I had a sore arm and a little fogginess the day of my first shot.  Somewhat sore arm after the second.

I ditched the mask indoors for a month or so, but once Delta reared its ugly head I've gone back to masking in certain situations.  Most of my socializing takes place outdoors.

I have been traveling, and masks are required in airports and on planes.  Meh.  I get it.  Too bad others simply don't and won't ever.

Any idea why the Buffalo WR thread got locked and posts got deleted?  I didn't see it go south but I assume it did.  

6 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Any idea why the Buffalo WR thread got locked and posts got deleted?  I didn't see it go south but I assume it did.  

It went south badly and devolved into all personal attacks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big John said:

It went south badly and devolved into all personal attacks.

Unless you're attacking Beasley for his beliefs, that's ok. 

• Like 1