[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2021 Draft Position thoughts

Pikleman22

Hey all, curious what people are finding to be the most optimal starting spot this year in mocks or real drafts w/o Third Round Reversal for redraft. I've personally loved the 1.03 in 10 team leagues for my mocks or the 1.08 in 12 team mocks. In my money redraft league with 10 teams I currently am slotted for the 1.01 but rearranging is allowed if both parties agree and I was offered the 1.10, so I'd love to hear where ya'll are liking to draft from.

Cheers!

Edited by Pikleman22

There's no doubt that drafting from specific positions will likely provide you a similar player pool in different drafts. However, there are too many variables to consider like scoring system, starting lineup requirements, etc. However, even if all things were equal, every draft is different and provides its own unique challenge because of the cast of characters assembled to draft (the owners).  Even when drafting with complete newbs, it provides a challenge because they can have crazy drafts, taking players way too early, throwing off strategy. 

And honestly, a league can be won from any draft position. 

Edited by irish

I drafted 10th last year in my main league of 10, and wasn't particularly happy about it because I felt the first tier went to about 7 or 8, and it certainly didn't work out well for me, although some was bad luck. Whatever year Todd Gurley was #1, I had the #1 pick and was happy about that because I thought he'd be a stud and he was. This year I would prefer one of the top 3ish, if not, then later in the round. McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara seem to be their own tier IMO. +/- Henry depending on format. Some would say Zeke but I'm not a Zeke truther. After #5 it's pretty murky. You can take anybody for the next 10 to 15 picks and it wouldn't matter that much I don't think

Edited by purplemonster

It just kind of depends on who you are targeting.  Obviously, if you think CMC is a must-draft, then you have to have the #1 pick.  If you're ok with Derrick Henry, then any pick in the top 3 will do, but #3 gives you a better pick in Round 2.  If you're ok with Zeke, then you can drop to #5, and you should still be able to get Jones or Barkley at #7.  After that, you're probly gonna be drafting at least 1 WR if you have a pick at #8 or later.

I've had a lot of success drafting 1 or 2 this year so far.  I love CMC and absolutely adore Dalvin Cook.  I've found value in the 2nd, be it WR1 or RB2.  

Edit to add:

Here's my team drafting from 2-hole (12-team PPR redraft)

QB:  Stafford, Carr, Jones

RB:  Cook, Gordon, McKissic, Mattison, White

WR:  Brown, Lockett, Kupp, Chark, Gallup

TE:  Kittle, Goedert

And the team drafting 1.01 (10-team PPR best ball redraft)

QB:  Rodgers, Roethlisberger

RB:  CMC, Carson, Mostert, Cohen, and all 3 HOU RBs

WR:  Jefferson, Brown, Kupp, Shepard, Cooks, Cobb, Gallup, Perriman

TE:  Hockenson, Gronk, Ebron

Edited by darin3

2 hours ago, PotentialNobody said:

I like the 6-8 spots this year. 

Here is my team drafting from the 7 spot earlier 

QB: Herbert, Fields

RB: Taylor, Montgomery, Davis, Sermon, Michel

WR: Diggs, Robinson, J.Jones, Claypool, Boyd, Cobb

TE: Gesicki

Not bad, but I'm projecting a little bit of a dip from Diggs.  He was simply incredible last year and I just don't see him getting anywhere close to what he did then.  He'll still function as a WR1 for sure, but I could see him having his share of unimpressive weeks.