[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guillotine leagues?

Shaft

Any Huddlers in any? @LordOpie and I are snooping around for one like some hungry hounds.

A guillotine league begins with 18 teams--one for each week of the NFL season. After each week, the team that scored the fewest points that week is eliminated from the competition.

When a team is eliminated, its entire roster of players become free agents, eligible to be acquired by the rest of the league.

Edited by Shaft
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Any Huddlers in any? @LordOpie and I are snooping around for one like some hungry hounds.

Bunch of degenerates!

• Like 1

Just now, Shaft said:

Oh come back and take a puff, just one! I promise you won't get hooked again. :whistle:

We both know that ain't how this shizz works!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did three last year.  Joined one mid-season (Week 5, I believe) and was hooked.  Did another Week 6, and another Week 7.  :lol:  Ended up making the final four in two of the three, and won one of them.  Very different strategy, and it was a lot of fun.

I'm going to put one together for mainly people from a couple of my "local" leagues, with probably a couple of Huddlers sprinkled in.  But, if there's enough interest to do a strictly 100% Huddle one, I would be down for that as well.  The only piece I'm struggling with is whether to mess with trying to set one up on MFL or not.  The site I joined last year (guillotineleagues.com) was very simple and straight forward.  And, while MFL says that they can handle guillotine leagues as well, I'm just wondering if it will be a pain to set up (compared to a site that is specifically for those leagues).  On the flipside, I know that MFL will allow me to change the draft date once I've created the league.  My fear with the other site is that I'll set it up, and be locked into a draft date that I later want to change (and not be able to), if that makes sense.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

I did three last year.  Joined one mid-season (Week 5, I believe) and was hooked.  Did another Week 6, and another Week 7.  :lol:  Ended up making the final four in two of the three, and won one of them.  Very different strategy, and it was a lot of fun.

I'm going to put one together for mainly people from a couple of my "local" leagues, with probably a couple of Huddlers sprinkled in.  But, if there's enough interest to do a strictly 100% Huddle one, I would be down for that as well.  The only piece I'm struggling with is whether to mess with trying to set one up on MFL or not.  The site I joined last year (guillotineleagues.com) was very simple and straight forward.  And, while MFL says that they can handle guillotine leagues as well, I'm just wondering if it will be a pain to set up (compared to a site that is specifically for those leagues).  On the flipside, I know that MFL will allow me to change the draft date once I've created the league.  My fear with the other site is that I'll set it up, and be locked into a draft date that I later want to change (and not be able to), if that makes sense.  

You are the "rodent" Gopher!!! Then we need some more huddlers! 

Edited by Shaft

OK.... I'm going to put together an 18-person league, assuming there is enough interest to fill it.  Cost will be low ($25-30), and we'll pay out the top 3-4.  I'll post the official rules once we get closer to full, but for now, let's just get a list started with who's interested....

Gopher

Shaft

Irish too skeered :scared:

LordOpie

Docniner

Darin3

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shaft said:

If we get to 17, make Irish the 18th. We can't let one person stop us!

You're such a problem!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

OK.... I'm going to put together an 18-person league, assuming there is enough interest to fill it.  Cost will be low ($25-30), and we'll pay out the top 3-4.  I'll post the official rules once we get closer to full, but for now, let's just get a list started with who's interested....

Gopher

Shaft

Irish too skeered :scared:

LordOpie

Docniner

Darin3

Gopher when do we need to have the 18 by? We need at least a week for the draft.

• Like 1

I'd like to fill it this week, drafting no later than next week (earlier in the week preferably).  I will hit the recruiting hard in the next couple of days.  Pretty confident we can fill it quickly.  

• Like 2

I joined one 3 years ago and I was hooked.  Gopher, if you are looking for another owner I'm in...  Also, the league I'm in is on MFL so it shouldn't be a problem.

Rules are pretty basic, but No Kicker or DEF in the one I play in.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I assume it's mostly huddle posters? League link?

He posted in the find a league forum. 

35 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

That bastard!

Would you be upset if i had also tried to join his league? It was a one time thing and meant nothing!

And ruin our Odd Couple relationship? I would never forgive you! :nono:

I still have Irish though. :lol:

Edited by Shaft
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

And ruin our Odd Couple relationship? I would never forgive you! :nono:

I still have Irish though. :lol:

Always, my forever Huddle Bro!

On 8/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, Shaft said:

Anymore interested?

You guys seem like you're getting hung up.