[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guillotine leagues?

Shaft

1 hour ago, Docniner said:

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to bow out on this one for this year. Just got a call I have to go away on business for a few weeks and won't have the time to participate. Sorry, I'm sure you'll get enough and be successful. Good luck.

It's all falling apart. 

Honestly, I thought we would have a little more interest than this.  Should have known... there may not even be 18 regular posters left here.  :lol:

I'm doing one with guys from a couple of local leagues, and we have at least a dozen spots filled.  For those of you who do my playoff contest.... @darin3, @Shaft.... it's a lot of the same people.  Between MikesVikes league and that one, everybody should be able to find a spot (or two).  I think filling an 18-team league with purely "long-time" Huddlers at this point is very unlikely.  

13 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Honestly, I thought we would have a little more interest than this.  Should have known... there may not even be 18 regular posters left here.  :lol:

I'm doing one with guys from a couple of local leagues, and we have at least a dozen spots filled.  For those of you who do my playoff contest.... @darin3, @Shaft.... it's a lot of the same people.  Between MikesVikes league and that one, everybody should be able to find a spot (or two).  I think filling an 18-team league with purely "long-time" Huddlers at this point is very unlikely.  

I'll be honest with you, I'm not really interested in this style of league, especially, if I'm only in a league or 2.  This style would be cool to add if it's 1 of 8 leagues you play in. 1 bad week and you're out. I like the idea of playing out an entire season, taking the good and bad and seeing how it goes. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, irish said:

I'll be honest with you, I'm not really interested in this style of league, especially, if I'm only in a league or 2.

Hmmmm....sounds like someone is coming back to where they belong. :rolleyes:

Just now, Shaft said:

Hmmmm....sounds like someone is coming back to where they belong. :rolleyes:

Still currently not in any leagues. Crazy, I know!

26 minutes ago, irish said:

I'll be honest with you, I'm not really interested in this style of league, especially, if I'm only in a league or 2.  This style would be cool to add if it's 1 of 8 leagues you play in. 1 bad week and you're out. I like the idea of playing out an entire season, taking the good and bad and seeing how it goes. 

I wouldn't play in a Guillotine league exclusively. But it's kind like climbing a roller coaster and not knowing what's going to happen when you fall. Hint, you usually make it out ok on a roller coaster.

3 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

I wouldn't play in a Guillotine league exclusively. But it's kind like climbing a roller coaster and not knowing what's going to happen when you fall. Hint, you usually make it out ok on a roller coaster.

Usually? What roller coasters do you ride that you don't ALWAYS make it out ok? :lol:

Edited by Shaft
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Usually? What roller coasters do you ride that you don't ALWAYS make it out ok? :lol:

Lightning Loops at Great Adventure. 

16 minutes ago, Shaft said:

We went to Disney earlier this year. I have a grandson that just qualifies to ride. When I ride with him the strap fits nicely over me but there's like a 8 inch gap for him. There were a few times when I thought he'd fly out.

21 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

We went to Disney earlier this year. I have a grandson that just qualifies to ride. When I ride with him the strap fits nicely over me but there's like a 8 inch gap for him. There were a few times when I thought he'd fly out.

I've been in the same boat, there's quite a gap and they're riding with just the centripetal force holding them in the seat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irish said:

Yeah, well, I'm already in like 7 dynasty leagues, a couple of keeper leagues, a handful of "normal" redrafts, and a couple of best balls.  So, for me, it's something different.  And, quite frankly, I plan to play the entire season regardless of the format.  ;)

7 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Yeah, well, I'm already in like 7 dynasty leagues, a couple of keeper leagues, a handful of "normal" redrafts, and a couple of best balls.  So, for me, it's something different.  And, quite frankly, I plan to play the entire season regardless of the format.  ;)

That's exactly my point, when you're in so many leagues trying something different is cool. For me, it couldn't be my only league.

Listen to Karl, dude said he's gonna own you smitches and run the guillotine to the end!

45 minutes ago, irish said:

That's exactly my point, when you're in so many leagues trying something different is cool. For me, it couldn't be my only league.

Listen to Karl, dude said he's gonna own you smitches and run the guillotine to the end!

Yeah, I wouldn't want it to be my only league, either.  It's the variety I enjoy, and guillotines also happen to be the perfect format to join/add mid-season.  You can do one at any week in the season, actually, up until about Week 10.

As for the other part, I would hope that everyone feels that way.  Who plays to lose?

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

You seem to talk a lot about what you're not going to do?

It's key to know your limitations. I clearly know mine. 

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

It's just 3-4 leagues. You can manage that.

And come out of retirement?!

12 minutes ago, darin3 said:

That would be...... aces!!!  :woot:

Lol, Those were the good old days!  I loved having that site and working on it with my brothers. Really had promise. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:51 AM, Docniner said:

You gonna accept BITCOIN for league fees? Jus' kiddin'. I don't have PayPal but we'll figure something out I'm sure. I'm still in at this point unless payment becomes a delema. Thanks.

I have a bestball league on MFL.com.and seen where they will HOST GUILLOTINE LEAGUES for $39.95 or roughly $2 per person for the 18 week schedule. That means no prize money but if people want to give it a try to see how the league season goes it's a way to explore a new format. I still have other drafts to do so I wouldn't be able to do one but I am going to give it a try next year. So thought I'd pass on this info for any of you that were interested.

Edited by Docniner
  • Thanks 1