[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advice

I have been dead last two years in a row. 10 Team Full PPR

Have the 8th pick this year.

Almost certain McCaffrey, Cook, Kamara, Henry, Kelce, Adams are gone by 8. Guessing Barkley, Zeke, maybe as well.

Figure at 8 I should be looking at A. Jones, Eckeler, Chubb, Taylor, Diggs...

Just curious what direction you would look, WR or RB.

If Kelce or Adams  fell I would take them at 8.

Do some research on the guys picking 9 and 10.  What positions do they usually target?  IMO you have to assume both of them will be taking at least 1 RB each before the draft gets back to you.  If you took WR...are you going to take a RB no matter what?  Would you be happy with 2 WRs or a WR/TE and then not taking a RB until 28?

So yeah, if TK and DA are gone....I would roll with a RB at that pick,,just because if not, I think you will be playing RB catchup all season.

I'd skip on taking Kelce and grab Diggs, Adams or Hill if they fall to 8 and then look to either grab a RB (Ekeler, Taylor, Mixon) or another top tier WR (if one of the 3 above falls to 13, your 2nd).  Then look for Gibson, Carson, Dobbins, Monty, Jacobs, or Najee falling into round 3.

You really can't have a set strategy going in cause some much can and will change, be ready to take the best player available. 

Edited by irish

18 hours ago, irish said:

I'd skip on taking Kelce and grab Diggs, Adams or Hill if they fall to 8 and then look to either grab a RB (Ekeler, Taylor, Mixon) or another top tier WR (if one of the 3 above falls to 13, your 2nd).  Then look for Gibson, Carson, Dobbins, Monty, Jacobs, or Najee falling into round 3.

The really can't have a set strategy going in cause some much can and will change, be ready to take the best player available. 

Thanks. Last year Michael Thomas fell to me early and I eded up going zero RB. Didn't work, ha.

But this year I thought same thing. Grab Adams, Diggs, Hill, Kelce, then try for Eckeler, Jones, Carson, Gibson later.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Thanks. Last year Michael Thomas fell to me early and I eded up going zero RB. Didn't work, ha.

But this year I thought same thing. Grab Adams, Diggs, Hill, Kelce, then try for Eckeler, Jones, Carson, Gibson later.

Take BPA at each pass and you won't likely find yourself playing catchup. 

• Like 1

Kelce may be there at 8. I figure on him going around 9 or 10 in my full PPR league. I would say if Adams or A. Jones drops to you at 8 I would take them. I typically like to take BPA especially in the beginning rounds, until I at least have my starters filled in. So if Zeke, Barkley, Adams or A. Jones made it to me at 8 I would go there. 

WR is a deep position with how pass happy league is now. Go RB. In PPR. I like Ekeler who I have in a Dynasty PPR. If you can nab Diggs on turn get him being PPR. Otherwise I say take another RB. I think the rest of the guys you named are close. Though just because of injury concerns having a starting level backup I put Chubb slightly at the back of the list. Please see mine. Really need input. 

24 minutes ago, FastSteve said:

WR is a deep position with how pass happy league is now. Go RB. In PPR. I like Ekeler who I have in a Dynasty PPR. If you can nab Diggs on turn get him being PPR. Otherwise I say take another RB. I think the rest of the guys you named are close. Though just because of injury concerns having a starting level backup I put Chubb slightly at the back of the list. Please see mine. Really need input. 

Diggs will never be there after the turn. If he is, dude's playing with preschoolers. 

11 minutes ago, irish said:

Diggs will never be there after the turn. If he is, dude's playing with preschoolers. 

I don't expect him to either but if he does don't pass on. Without Diggs I would go another RB. He will still be able to get good WR. Especially in a PPR.

2 hours ago, irish said:

Funny thing is its a work league and  we have some real amateurs. Last year Mahommes went 2nd overall and Lamar was a 2nd rounder, LOL. Never know how our drafts will go.

Of course both those teams made the playoffs and I went 3-10.

My wife took a kicker round 7 and won the whole thing!

• Haha 1