[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dak Prescott Concerns

irish

Adam Schefter on Dak Prescott: “He’s not fully back, he may not be back all season long.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/8/21/22635456/adam-schefter-on-dak-prescott-hes-not-fully-back-he-may-not-be-back-all-season-long

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

And how does this impact the rest of that offense? Are all of those WRs, TEs, and RBs faded?

If he's not his normal self, limited by shoulder and/or ankle issues, at the very least, that will limit his ability to throw deep or accurately in the tight windows. Defenses could then tighten up and key on the running game. 

At worst, he injuries his shoulder worse and, after what we saw last year, the entire offense/team would be in trouble. 

Edited by irish

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

I was going to draft Ezekiel at 5 but seems too risky.   

I'd take him 6th in PPR.

• Like 1

Hopefully Dak is advocating for himself with his health here. I have no idea if Schefty is right but if he is, I hope for the Cowboys' sake they don't do something stupid and make this injury worse. If he's not going to be better all season, something does not sound right.

28 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Paging Philip Rivers… Mr. Rivers to the Jerry Jones white courtesy phone please ☎️ 

No kidding. Ben Dinucci is trash, he may not even make the roster. Gilbert and Rush have been better but they're nothing special, nor what a team would want to depend on if their starter went down. The Cowboys might have the worst backup QB situation. 

4 hours ago, irish said:

No kidding. Ben Dinucci is trash, he may not even make the roster. Gilbert and Rush have been better but they're nothing special, nor what a team would want to depend on if their starter went down. The Cowboys might have the worst backup QB situation. 

I'm shocked that they are rolling into the season with no real backup QB behind their very highly paid franchise QB whose coming off of serious injury. It's mind boggling. 

On 8/21/2021 at 11:42 PM, stethant said:

Hopefully Dak is advocating for himself with his health here. I have no idea if Schefty is right but if he is, I hope for the Cowboys' sake they don't do something stupid and make this injury worse. If he's not going to be better all season, something does not sound right.

Let's keep in mind this is entirely Schefter's opinion, not something from an informed source with the team, or anything like that. Just his gut, presumably from seeing Dak in action, possibly more than the fans have access to it.  What do Cowboy's beat writers say? Dallas area sports types? 

I know people have decisions to make, but I wouldn't read too much into this. Many Cowboys players will be over valued (some will be keepers) so I'm not likely to be a big player in their market. 

8 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm shocked that they are rolling into the season with no real backup QB behind their very highly paid franchise QB whose coming off of serious injury. It's mind boggling. 

You think they'd have learned from the disaster that was 2020, maybe they figure it cannot happen 2 years in a row. 

I am so glad the Browns have somebody experienced who can play well in Case Keenum.

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Dak's progress or lack thereof is a big factor in drafts coming up. Zeke, Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Gallup--everyone takes a big hit without him and most of those guys are high draft capital. 

I actually think Dak, will be at the very least, fine to start the season. Now making it 17 games, that's a different story. 

23 hours ago, irish said:

If I’m Jerry Jones I am picking up the phone and seeing what Nick Foles or Gardner Minshew would cost me. Both have proven to be more than serviceable with weapons like Dallas has. Especially with the run game Dallas has. Who knows, you may just unearth a gem with Minshew. Over a 3:1 TD:INT ratio and decent stats across the board on a team trying to lose. Flip him for a pick in a year or two and get back whatever assets you gave up

Edited by PotentialNobody
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, PotentialNobody said:

If I’m Jerry Jones I am picking up the phone and seeing what Nick Foles or Gardner Minshew would cost me. Both have proven to be more than serviceable with weapons like Dallas has. Especially with the run game Dallas has. Who knows, you may just unearth a gem with Minshew. Over a 3:1 TD:INT ratio and decent stats across the board on a team trying to lose. Flip him for a pick in a year or two and get back whatever assets you gave up

Good call here with Minshew; JAX has done its best to try and showcase him, saying that he's neck-and-neck with Lawrence, which is of course complete hogwash.  I could see him on the Cowboys.  Nice insurance in case that shoulder is as bad as it sounds.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:34 PM, irish said:

I'd take him 6th in PPR.

If I drafted at this very moment, I have my top 6...

1. CMC

2. Henry

3. Cook

4. Kamara

5. Jones

6. Chubb

Not sure where I would put Zeke.  Maybe 7 or 8.  I would need to hear some positive news about Dak before really investing any Dallas players.

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

If I drafted at this very moment, I have my top 6...

1. CMC

2. Henry

3. Cook

4. Kamara

5. Jones

6. Chubb

Not sure where I would put Zeke.  Maybe 7 or 8.  I would need to hear some positive news about Dak before really investing any Dallas players.

I can see that, I put Zeke a shade behind Jones and have a couple others ahead of Chubb.