[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dak Prescott Concerns

irish

1 minute ago, PotentialNobody said:

No idea why the defense showed up…everyone knows they won’t show up all season

But... but... Dan Quinn!

6 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

Isn’t it Dan Quinn that is choosing to roll with Parsons and Neal at starting LB vs one of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch…who they just gave a big money contract to Smith and declined LVEs 5th year option?

LvE can't stay healthy.  

Parsons is a beast, and pairs well with Smith.  

I don't know why they're converting Neal to LB.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

E2A:  Ourlads currently has Parsons at SLB (which typically doesn't score well in IDP leagues, but this guy is simply different), Smith at MLB (where he'll continue to flourish) and LvE at WLB.  Neal is listed as the backup MLB.

I don't know why they're not keeping Neal as a safety; he's a stud and is the best safety on the team right now.

Edited by darin3

8 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

Isn’t it Dan Quinn that is choosing to roll with Parsons and Neal at starting LB vs one of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch…who they just gave a big money contract to Smith and declined LVEs 5th year option?

Smith is toast. I've been reading reports that not only is his reaction time slow to pick up the developing play but he seems slower. LVE, just from reading the plays, is at times beating him to the ball on Smith's side. Smith is getting buried on the depth chart. Parsons is a beast and Neal is one of Quinn's guys and just fits what he wants to do. Neal has also looked good. 

20 hours ago, irish said:

Smith is toast. I've been reading reports that not only is his reaction time slow to pick up the developing play but he seems slower. LVE, just from reading the plays, is at times beating him to the ball on Smith's side. Smith is getting buried on the depth chart. Parsons is a beast and Neal is one of Quinn's guys and just fits what he wants to do. Neal has also looked good. 

Wow that's all news to me.  Guess I haven't been watching close enough.  I thought Smith was doing well.  I knew VdE can't stay healthy.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, irish said:

Thoughts from back in August and here we are 4 weeks into the season and Smith is dumped. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/10/05/jaylon-smiths-departure-was-inevitable-but-the-cowboys-young-aggressive-defense-accelerated-it/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't know much about Jaylon Smith at all but I'm confused how a defensive guy who's 26 is somehow washed or slow after receiving a huge contract. Something in there I'm not understanding....lack of effort, injury, really lucky few years looking better than he is...etc? 

See irish's post above.

Local KC radio had an analyst on this morning regarding this very question, with the idea the Chiefs might bring him in. The guy is a big Cowboys fan and basically said the same thing. 

He's slow to read the plays and then slow to get there (probably due to lingering effects from the injury)

Edited by Chief Dick