[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Etienne has Lis Franc injury

DMD

No word yet on how severe, but that punches a hole in his early season role at the least. And James Robinson comes to the rescue once again it seems.

39 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

It will be interesting to see how far up Robinson goes after this 

Oh, he's going way up!

• Thanks 1

The challenge now is how long it takes Etienne to recover and return to full health. It could set up the Jags backfield shifting roles at the end of the season when you need a back the most, but for the near future at least, this is a major boon for Robinson to return more to last year. Carlos Hyde may be involved a bit more.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

The challenge now is how long it takes Etienne to recover and return to full health. It could set up the Jags backfield shifting roles at the end of the season when you need a back the most, but for the near future at least, this is a major boon for Robinson to return more to last year. Carlos Hyde may be involved a bit more.

Hyde will most certainly be involved.  Urban Meyer wanted Hyde, and didn't go out and sign him for nothing.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's a full on split between Robinson and Hyde to start the season.  

Probably done for 2021.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/24/travis-etienne-having-foot-surgery-likely-to-miss-entire-season/

Edit: fixed, i'm too tired to know what year it is.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

That's going to leave a mark on some teams. I'll be interested to see if some uninformed owner at our draft takes him. Might be a guy to sign off waivers late in the season in a keeper/dynasty for 2022 value. 

I think in another 3-5 years virtually no starters will play in pre-season, teams would rather do these organized team activities against another team, where they have a lot more control of the situations. Pretty sure all the Browns starters were in against the Giants in those sessions Thu/Fri, but none (or very few) have seen the field so far, and I doubt that changes in Atlanta this weekend.

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Easily. I can see some reaching at the end of the 2nd round. 

Too rich for my blood.  It's clear the new regime didn't envision him as 'the guy,' so assuming he still gets 20+ touches a game is a leap IMO.  Hyde may have the biggest uptick in value.  Too difficult to forecast for an early pick.  

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Too rich for my blood.  It's clear the new regime didn't envision him as 'the guy,' so assuming he still gets 20+ touches a game is a leap IMO.  Hyde may have the biggest uptick in value.  Too difficult to forecast for an early pick.  

I agree with this. Maybe RB20 is as early as I'd take him.

22 minutes ago, stethant said:

I agree with this. Maybe RB20 is as early as I'd take him.

I think he's definitely in the Top 20, moving ahead of some of those lower end starters like Jacobs, Sanders, Edmunds, Henderson, Davis, etc.

Edited by irish