[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sony Michel to Rams

stethant

On 8/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, PocketPool said:

Henderson will still get most of the work since Sony can't catch the ball. 

Curious what are you basing the bolded on?  Gut feeling, watching him play while following the Pats, some stats?

The stats show a pretty equal catch rate (Sony 65% [26/40] Darrell 66.7% [20/30]) neither is targeted often, each having just over 1 target per game played. Most RBs who are good at catching the ball get more targets than that. 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The stats show a pretty equal catch rate (Sony 65% [26/40] Darrell 66.7% [20/30]) neither is targeted often, each having just over 1 target per game played. Most RBs who are good at catching the ball get more targets than that. 

Nice stats! Agree, I don't think it's that at all. He's just not a great RB or blocker. 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Curious what are you basing the bolded on?  Gut feeling, watching him play while following the Pats, some stats?

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Sony Michel does not catch the ball very well at all. I watch all the Pats games. He also lacks explosiveness. I haven't seen a lot of Henderson but I would think he has to be more explosive and able to catch a ball fluidly while moving. 

• Haha 2

Sony has like 500 carries and 40 targets, Henderson 180 and 30 targets. Sony was the primary back for a few years and didn't do much with it, and BB thought apparently not a ton of his receiving skills but he also had James White. Henderson was much more a part timer, my impression is Henderson is still much better in the receiving department but no clue what McVay has planned. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PocketPool said:

Thanks for a response, but you totally botched the quoting process showing your response as something that I said. (hence the empty quote above since your post had no content from you). 

And apparently that is amusing to some people.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PocketPool said:

My bad. I'm not computer, nevermind forum literate, but Im hopefully learning over time. 

No biggie, I also know that using the quoting feature is harder to get right on something like a phone with a small screen, 

I got your point thought, just busting your balls a bit.

• Confused 1

I'm starting to come around on the Michel train a little bit.  I think the split will look about 60/40 with him and Henderson.  Michel will get the goal-line looks too.  The Rams are going to move the ball and this is his chance at some redemption.  I landed him in a larger league as my RB2 and feel OK with it.