[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bridgewater named starting QB

Big John

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Based on how Bridgewater operates I lean towards Jeudy.  Which is a shame because I think Sutton has more upside.

Well, the Carolina offense did support two Wide Receivers last year with Moore and Anderson. But they did allow Bridgewater to throw it more than he probably should have. 

32 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Another Elway qb bust.

How can a Hall of Fame qb be so bad at evaluating qb talent?

Because he relies to heavily on measurables and not the tape. I am also sure there is the mindset of "they have to be as good as I was to be drafted this high"

Seems like he has a hard time getting out of the way of his own ego, especially after being gift wrapped Peyton Manning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Another Elway qb bust.

How can a Hall of Fame qb be so bad at evaluating qb talent?

32 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

Because he relies to heavily on measurables and not the tape. I am also sure there is the mindset of "they have to be as good as I was to be drafted this high"

Seems like he has a hard time getting out of the way of his own ego, especially after being gift wrapped Peyton Manning

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. It's unbelievable how bad of a QB evaluator he is. How is it possible? 

A lot of "greats" are awful at evaluating talent and coaching. There are a few exceptions like Larry Bird, but many of the players who become great scouts and coaches are the backup players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I disagree.

I think Denver coaches are some of the worst in the league. I think they'd ruin your boy Trevor Lawrence. 

I think the gm brings in an offense/qb-focused HC next year and let him draft his qb.

Meanwhile, building the rest of the team. with Aaron Rodgers, this team would have legit Superbowl consideration. That's how good the rest of the team is.

So, bring in New hc and draft a top prospect. 

That's definitely a championship defense. I don't think they necessarily ruined Lock, he just sucks and was over drafted. The coaching staff hasn't had much to work with and that's on Elway. Denver deserves better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, osubuckeyeman36 said:

Denver might be looking at Watson still. I'm sure they thought they had a shot at Rodgers, which would explain the mindset of the pass-on Fields.

If Watson was in the cards why would DEN and/or HOU wait until the season is about to start or has started?

Watson needs a fresh start and would be a great fit for DEN.

HOU is a trainwreck right now and if they do trade Watson they will at least get draft picks and maybe a couple key players to help with next year's rebuild.

6 hours ago, XFlash said:

If Watson was in the cards why would DEN and/or HOU wait until the season is about to start or has started?

Watson needs a fresh start and would be a great fit for DEN.

HOU is a trainwreck right now and if they do trade Watson they will at least get draft picks and maybe a couple key players to help with next year's rebuild.

Well. They had a discussion on draft day that was confirmed and Rodgers was standing firm at the time for the Packers to make a move. I believe Bridgewater was the fallback guy all along. I don't think the Lock and Bridgewater competition really was one. Bridgewater fits what they want to do this season. Win with defense and don't turn the ball over. The Watson situation has a lot of unknowns but getting Bridgewater and having Lock on the roster gave the Broncos flexibility. The Rodgers trade did not happen and Watson's legal issues are not resolved. They are on to plan "B". Plan Bridgewater. They are still in the market for Rodgers and Watson in the future. The Broncos with that defense. With their schedule and with the weapons they have on offense are very much in the playoff hunt. That means a back-end first-round pick. The QB class next season is one that people are not jumping up and down about. I look for the Broncos to make a move on Watson or Rodgers next season depending on cost and how they do this season. Why else pass on Fields? You don't like him? Do you like Surtain better? Or do you have another plan?  They most likely have another plan. They have not drafted the QB position very well and have not traded for the right guy either besides signing free agent Peyton Manning the Broncos have failed at the position. I think with Watson and Rodgers you know what you're getting. The Broncos want something that is guaranteed. Rodgers and Watson are as guaranteed as guaranteed gets in the NFL (talent-wise). I'm sure they prefer Rodgers but Watson would work too. The one thing the Broncos did do correctly was to sign Peyton Manning. They won Super Bowl 50 with him. He was a guarantee QB with some health questions but I'm sure they felt confident with the medical at the time. Basically saying Peyton Manning was Peyton Manning. They are looking at the same formula or they are just bad at football operations. You decide.