[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jameis Winston Thread

Shaft

18 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Does this move Kamara over Cook in ppr?

IMHO, no.

Winston is a gunslinger who likes to chuck it downfield. 

He won't ignore Kamara but won't throw as many dump offs to Kamara as Brees did.

4 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

IMHO, no.

He won't ignore Kamara but won't throw as many dump offs to Kamara as Brees did.

I used to think that to until I looked up some stats. He targeted his RBs over 100 times in 2019. 

18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I'm not sure if you're lol is sarcasm or not?

but...

As for Kamara... even if Winston doesn't target him heavily, and I think he will due to necessity, Winston throwing down field more than others will open the game up for Kamara.

Opie, I know you called this awhile ago. Someone needed father Brinks truck just to get Winston from you.:lol:

I just started the thread because there's going to be a lot of chatter about him and I think it's easier to keep it one thread.

• Like 1

I think this bodes well for Maquez Callaway. I was able to pick him up in the 17th (10 team PPR) round 2 weeks ago, he went in the 13th rd a week ago (10 team PPR), and in a draft last night he went in the 10th rd (14 team PPR, IDP).

So he is hovering around 150 overall as WR59. IMO he is worth a pick over Marquise Brown, Brandin Cooks, Deebo Samuel, Cole Beasley, Michael Pittman Jr, Mecole Hardman, Jalen Reagor. 

Michael Thomas had ankle surgery in late June with a 4 month recovery timeline. That's late October, at the earliest, and that is if he doesn't reaggravate the ankle coming back. That potentially sidelines Thomas until week 9. 

Adam Trautman went down with an injury and Tre'Quan Smith missed most of the preseason with an injury. That left the door wide open for Callaway and he has done nothing but shine. 

Michael Thomas (6'3 214lbs) catch rate - 77.6

Marquez Callaway (6'2 205lbs) catch rate - 77.8

TreQuan Smith (6'2 210lbs) catch rate - 67.2 

I know its only the preseason but Callaway looks great, and he has done it against Marcus Petters and Shaq Griffin. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

I think this bodes well for Maquez Callaway. I was able to pick him up in the 17th (10 team PPR) round 2 weeks ago, he went in the 13th rd a week ago (10 team PPR), and in a draft last night he went in the 10th rd (14 team PPR, IDP).

So he is hovering around 150 overall as WR59. IMO he is worth a pick over Marquise Brown, Brandin Cooks, Deebo Samuel, Cole Beasley, Michael Pittman Jr, Mecole Hardman, Jalen Reagor. 

Michael Thomas had ankle surgery in late June with a 4 month recovery timeline. That's late October, at the earliest, and that is if he doesn't reaggravate the ankle coming back. That potentially sidelines Thomas until week 9. 

Adam Trautman went down with an injury and Tre'Quan Smith missed most of the preseason with an injury. That left the door wide open for Callaway and he has done nothing but shine. 

Michael Thomas (6'3 214lbs) catch rate - 77.6

Marquez Callaway (6'2 205lbs) catch rate - 77.8

TreQuan Smith (6'2 210lbs) catch rate - 67.2 

I know its only the preseason but Callaway looks great, and he has done it against Marcus Petters and Shaq Griffin. 

Juwan Johnson 

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

IMHO, no.

Kamara may not be as good with Winston under center as he was with Brees, but better Winston than Hill... at least as far as Kamara's stats go.

43 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Juwan Johnson 

I don't know much about this guy. Callaway will be moving up quite a bit after this. I agree with Darin I don't think Kamara's production will match Brees but clearly better than Hill.

Idk if this will matter much but I wonder if Payton will try to keep Hill happy playing him more around the goal line. 

Also it's reasonably possible that Winston falters and Hill still becomes the starter at some point

Here's an article about it. Jameis throws more to backs than you think. And Kamara's receiving volume tanked under Hill. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canalstreetchronicles.com/platform/amp/2021/5/20/22445578/would-alvin-kamara-get-his-usual-targets-jameis-winston-at-qb

Edited by purplemonster

9 minutes ago, Swashbucklers said:

So with this news, where are we moving Jameis in the rankings?  He might be on a short leash, but has a ton of upside.  Who are we putting him ahead of?  Who are we putting ahead of him? 

Can't say I have thought about it much but high end QB2. If you are really pro Jameis could go low end QB1 

20 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I don't remember anyone making me an offer for him?

You're absolutely right, I was mistaken. When I was trying to sell a QB to you, you would say you're confident that Winston will be the starter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Does this move Kamara over Cook in ppr?

Already had him there. 

55 minutes ago, awahl63 said:

Any homer insight in to Adam Trautman?

I know he’s banged up. Any thoughts on ROS assuming he’s playing soon?

I see him as nothing more than as a WW add for a bye week filler in very deep leagues. 

1 hour ago, irish said:

I see him as nothing more than as a WW add for a bye week filler in very deep leagues. 

There are so many tight ends this year that it's pretty impossible to predict and they are about in the same boat. Noah Fant Irv Smith Gerald Everett Logan Thomas Dallas Goedert jonnu Smith Adam Trautman etc etc I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these guys break out but I don't know which one it is

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

There are so many tight ends this year that it's pretty impossible to predict and they are about in the same boat. Noah Fant Irv Smith Gerald Everett Logan Thomas Dallas Goedert jonnu Smith Adam Trautman etc etc I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these guys break out but I don't know which one it is

True, I just don't see Trautman on the same level of FF productivity for this year, as any of the other guys you mentioned.  But that's why they play the games. 

15 hours ago, awahl63 said:

Any homer insight in to Adam Trautman?

I know he’s banged up. Any thoughts on ROS assuming he’s playing soon?

Before his injury I would have told you that Trautman is a breakout candidate for this season. The injury wasn't really significant, but the play of Juwan Johnson after that injury was. I'm certain that there's still much of a learning curve with his transition from receiver & the job is still Trautman's to lose, but there's now a challenger who can really push him and Trautman could end up the Josh Hill to Jared Cook where he's heavily utilized, just not in the passing game. That still remains to be seen though. Trautman is still a talented receiver, but my expectations are a bit more tempered. I still also don't know how much the passing game will change with Winston as the QB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Before his injury I would have told you that Trautman is a breakout candidate for this season. The injury wasn't really significant, but the play of Juwan Johnson after that injury was. I'm certain that there's still much of a learning curve with his transition from receiver & the job is still Trautman's to lose, but there's now a challenger who can really push him and Trautman could end up the Josh Hill to Jared Cook where he's heavily utilized, just not in the passing game. That still remains to be seen though. Trautman is still a talented receiver, but my expectations are a bit more tempered. I still also don't know how much the passing game will change with Winston as the QB.

Perfect - thank you. 

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i like Trautman, but it's nuts that you put him in the same group as those guys.

15/171/1

Yeah, for sure, he is an outside shot. I wasn't meaning to imply he has just a good of a chance as Dallas Goedert or Noah Fant or Logan Thomas for a good season. But with the WR corps a little shaky in NO, maybe he beats out some of those guys. I am not drafting him, just feels like the TE position is pretty hard to predict this year beyond the top few guys. If Goedert for instance was on the Saints, he'd probably be the 5th ranked TE, a lot of it is situation. 

Edited by purplemonster