Shaft

Jameis Winston Thread

Recommended Posts

Does this move Kamara over Cook in ppr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Does this move Kamara over Cook in ppr?

 

IMHO, no.

 

Winston is a gunslinger who likes to chuck it downfield. 

 

He won't ignore Kamara but won't throw as many dump offs to Kamara as Brees did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

 

IMHO, no.

 

Winston is a gunslinger who likes to chuck it downfield. 

 

He won't ignore Kamara but won't throw as many dump offs to Kamara as Brees did.

 

 

I used to think that to until I looked up some stats. He targeted his RBs over 100 times in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shaft said:

This man deserves his own thread.:lol:

He's the starting QB for the Saints.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-expected-to-name-jameis-winston-as-their-starting-qb

I'm not sure if you're lol is sarcasm or not?

but...

On 5/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, LordOpie said:

speaking of the Saints... I'm making my call now...

James Winston will be a top 10 QB this year and going forward. NOS should sign him to an extension before this because he'll then require a large contract.

Consider 2019 and what 2020 would've been for him if he threw 10 INTs instead of 30. I think he can repeat 2019 with much less turnovers. And he's 27yo. I wanted Denver to get him.

Why do I think less turn overs? LASIK and better coaching. 

 

As for Kamara... even if Winston doesn't target him heavily, and I think he will due to necessity, Winston throwing down field more than others will open the game up for Kamara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I'm not sure if you're lol is sarcasm or not?

but...

 

As for Kamara... even if Winston doesn't target him heavily, and I think he will due to necessity, Winston throwing down field more than others will open the game up for Kamara.

Opie, I know you called this awhile ago. Someone needed father Brinks truck just to get Winston from you.:lol:

 

 I just started the thread because there's going to be a lot of chatter about him and I think it's easier to keep it one thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this bodes well for Maquez Callaway. I was able to pick him up in the 17th (10 team PPR) round 2 weeks ago, he went in the 13th rd a week ago (10 team PPR), and in a draft last night he went in the 10th rd (14 team PPR, IDP).

 

So he is hovering around 150 overall as WR59. IMO he is worth a pick over Marquise Brown, Brandin Cooks, Deebo Samuel, Cole Beasley, Michael Pittman Jr, Mecole Hardman, Jalen Reagor. 

 

Michael Thomas had ankle surgery in late June with a 4 month recovery timeline. That's late October, at the earliest, and that is if he doesn't reaggravate the ankle coming back. That potentially sidelines Thomas until week 9. 

 

Adam Trautman went down with an injury and Tre'Quan Smith missed most of the preseason with an injury. That left the door wide open for Callaway and he has done nothing but shine. 

 

Michael Thomas (6'3 214lbs) catch rate - 77.6

Marquez Callaway (6'2 205lbs) catch rate - 77.8

TreQuan Smith (6'2 210lbs) catch rate - 67.2 

 

I know its only the preseason but Callaway looks great, and he has done it against Marcus Petters and Shaq Griffin. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PotentialNobody said:

I think this bodes well for Maquez Callaway. I was able to pick him up in the 17th (10 team PPR) round 2 weeks ago, he went in the 13th rd a week ago (10 team PPR), and in a draft last night he went in the 10th rd (14 team PPR, IDP).

 

So he is hovering around 150 overall as WR59. IMO he is worth a pick over Marquise Brown, Brandin Cooks, Deebo Samuel, Cole Beasley, Michael Pittman Jr, Mecole Hardman, Jalen Reagor. 

 

Michael Thomas had ankle surgery in late June with a 4 month recovery timeline. That's late October, at the earliest, and that is if he doesn't reaggravate the ankle coming back. That potentially sidelines Thomas until week 9. 

 

Adam Trautman went down with an injury and Tre'Quan Smith missed most of the preseason with an injury. That left the door wide open for Callaway and he has done nothing but shine. 

 

Michael Thomas (6'3 214lbs) catch rate - 77.6

Marquez Callaway (6'2 205lbs) catch rate - 77.8

TreQuan Smith (6'2 210lbs) catch rate - 67.2 

 

I know its only the preseason but Callaway looks great, and he has done it against Marcus Petters and Shaq Griffin. 

Juwan Johnson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

 

IMHO, no.

 

Winston is a gunslinger who likes to chuck it downfield. 

 

He won't ignore Kamara but won't throw as many dump offs to Kamara as Brees did.

 

 

 

Kamara may not be as good with Winston under center as he was with Brees, but better Winston than Hill... at least as far as Kamara's stats go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Juwan Johnson 

I don't know much about this guy. Callaway will be moving up quite a bit after this. I agree with Darin I don't think Kamara's production will match Brees but clearly better than Hill.

Idk if this will matter much but I wonder if Payton will try to keep Hill happy playing him more around the goal line. 

 

Also it's reasonably possible that Winston falters and Hill still becomes the starter at some point

 

Here's an article about it. Jameis throws more to backs than you think. And Kamara's receiving volume tanked under Hill. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canalstreetchronicles.com/platform/amp/2021/5/20/22445578/would-alvin-kamara-get-his-usual-targets-jameis-winston-at-qb

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with this news, where are we moving Jameis in the rankings?  He might be on a short leash, but has a ton of upside.  Who are we putting him ahead of?  Who are we putting ahead of him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swashbucklers said:

So with this news, where are we moving Jameis in the rankings?  He might be on a short leash, but has a ton of upside.  Who are we putting him ahead of?  Who are we putting ahead of him? 

Can't say I have thought about it much but high end QB2. If you are really pro Jameis could go low end QB1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Someone needed father Brinks truck just to get Winston from you.:lol:

I don't remember anyone making me an offer for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I don't remember anyone making me an offer for him?

You're absolutely right, I was mistaken. When I was trying to sell a QB to you, you would say you're confident that Winston will be the starter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Does this move Kamara over Cook in ppr?

Already had him there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if and when Thomas comes back I think Callaway has been developing a connection with Winston which could very easily transfer into the regular season. By season's end it could be possible that Callaway will.end up.the Saints top receiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

Kamara may not be as good with Winston under center as he was with Brees, but better Winston than Hill... at least as far as Kamara's stats go.

Great point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Docniner said:

Yeah if and when Thomas comes back I think Callaway has been developing a connection with Winston which could very easily transfer into the regular season. By season's end it could be possible that Callaway will.end up.the Saints top receiver.

Uhh, what now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any homer insight in to Adam Trautman?

 

I know he’s banged up. Any thoughts on ROS assuming he’s playing soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, awahl63 said:

Any homer insight in to Adam Trautman?

 

I know he’s banged up. Any thoughts on ROS assuming he’s playing soon?

I see him as nothing more than as a WW add for a bye week filler in very deep leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, awahl63 said:

Any homer insight in to Adam Trautman?

 

I know he’s banged up. Any thoughts on ROS assuming he’s playing soon?

Must have for dynasty.

Not at all f or redraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irish said:

I see him as nothing more than as a WW add for a bye week filler in very deep leagues. 

There are so many tight ends this year that it's pretty impossible to predict and they are about in the same boat. Noah Fant Irv Smith Gerald Everett Logan Thomas Dallas Goedert jonnu Smith Adam Trautman etc etc I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these guys break out but I don't know which one it is

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

There are so many tight ends this year that it's pretty impossible to predict and they are about in the same boat. Noah Fant Irv Smith Gerald Everett Logan Thomas Dallas Goedert jonnu Smith Adam Trautman etc etc I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these guys break out but I don't know which one it is

True, I just don't see Trautman on the same level of FF productivity for this year, as any of the other guys you mentioned.  But that's why they play the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.