nyrangers11

Another grim TE season... Suggestions?

Just drafted in a 10 team .5 ppr league, this is my team. Obviously TE is the major weakness here, was hoping to scoop up Logan Thomas or Pitts in the 6th round but got shafted. Only other guy I'm considering swapping Ebron out with is Cook. Thoughts on how to improve the team overall?

QB: Herbert

RB: Chubb, Sanders, Javonte Williams, Dillon

WR: Hill, Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Tee Higgins, Pittman, Ruggs, Reagor, Mooney

TE: Ebron

D/ST: Washington

K: Zurlein

That's a pretty good team but in a 10 team league you need to have a quality QB2. I'd probably lose Mooney or Reagor and grab a second QB now rather than wait till the bye week. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's a pretty good team but in a 10 team league you need to have a quality QB2. I'd probably lose Mooney or Reagor and grab a second QB now rather than wait till the bye week. 

May I ask why? The best available I have are Tua, Darnold and Cousins. I'll start Herbert over all of them every week, so why not wait until bye week and let my bench gain value?

7 minutes ago, nyrangers11 said:

May I ask why? The best available I have are Tua, Darnold and Cousins. I'll start Herbert over all of them every week, so why not wait until bye week and let my bench gain value?

You're doing it right - in a 10 team, 1 QB league there is no need to roster a 2nd QB or really a 2nd TE and definitely not a 2nd kicker, unless you are in a relatively strange league where all of the other teams are holding 3 QBs, etc. It is more valuable to have the extra slots filled with lottery ticket RBs/WRs that could give a lot more value if they hit and are easy to churn to cover the bye weeks when needed.

49 minutes ago, nyrangers11 said:

Is it dynasty ? If not I'd grab a QB now rather than have them get swallowed up during bye weeks. You have enough WRs. A QB can be a hidden gem as well. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Is it dynasty ? If not I'd grab a QB now rather than have them get swallowed up during bye weeks. You have enough WRs. A QB can be a hidden gem as well. 

Not dynasty. May grab Darnold and drop Reagor. Thanks for the help