[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's Cooking?

rajncajn

Honestly though,  I let the wife talk me into putting more on than I really wanted to. Gonna have some burnt ends. Hope it doesn't dry out too much of the meat. It should shrink up quite a bit,  so hopefully fine. We may just be eating later than she wanted. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Honestly though,  I let the wife talk me into putting more on than I really wanted to. Gonna have some burnt ends. Hope it doesn't dry out too much of the meat. It should shrink up quite a bit,  so hopefully fine. We may just be eating later than she wanted. 

mmmmmmmm burnt ends......  nothing special here, not a big cook do more for later season games. Got some fried chicken and sweet corn for later, and about 10 kinds of beer...must avoid drinking too much before Browns game...

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Typically,  yes. Got a cold today though,  so beer isn't in the plan. I'm out of Jameson too and it's Sunday so all the liquor stores are closed. 😓

Damn even Ohio has Sunday liquor sales, and I never start the NFL season without at least a full bottle of my favorite (Canadian Club 12 year old). 

18 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Frogs are tasty. Better than chicken, just not as much meat on them.

I've had frog before, believe it was at a Thai restaurant, was tasty.

Last year visiting my brother on a weekend, his neighbor calls "I'm cooking a massive brisket, too big for just us, you guys bring some side dishes and join us for dinner".  I think 5 of us ate about half. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I've had frog before, believe it was at a Thai restaurant, was tasty.

Last year visiting my brother on a weekend, his neighbor calls "I'm cooking a massive brisket, too big for just us, you guys bring some side dishes and join us for dinner".  I think 5 of us ate about half. 

Mine was 16 lbs, but I had to cut off about 2 lbs of the flat because it wouldn't fit on my grill without too much of it just laying directly over the coals. Once it cooked down and shrunk up it slid perfectly in a 9x13 pan, but the point was still about 5" thick. We ate enough of it so that each of us have leftovers for tonight. I was going to take a picture of the pile of meat I sliced just from the flat, but half of it was gone before I could finish slicing and by the time I sat down they were already going for seconds.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 8:34 AM, rajncajn said:

Looks like I dropped it and rolled it around in the mud. :lol:

I was actually gonna say what is the rub/seasoning, dirt?  

I love grilling and smoking meats!  Looks great rajn, congrats to the FIL!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, irish said:

I was actually gonna say what is the rub/seasoning, dirt?  

I love grilling and smoking meats!  Looks great rajn, congrats to the FIL!

Nothing but black pepper, kosher salt and 12-24 in the fridge.  Doesn't need anything else.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1